Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Warner Bros Sucks!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 179 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 12, 2011 8:30:16 PM PST
John Lemon says:
Um, Flash is bigger then ever. It is on almost every single web site.

Sorry but UV is here to stay. Got the backing from every company that makes movies.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2011 8:34:10 PM PST
Sudeley says:
Best way to combat the junk, is just buy the bluray, rip it, convert and slap into your portable media player.

Posted on Nov 12, 2011 8:36:11 PM PST
John Lemon says:
Um, a blu ray version would be like 25 gigs. No, you rip the DVD which is under a gig.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2011 8:37:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2011 8:38:50 PM PST
Sudeley says:
rip bluray (why buy both bluray and dvd) convert it down to under 1 gig. But Flash will be around a long time i agree, its every ware except where people will not embrace it ie apple.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2011 12:41:00 AM PST
EdM says:
About Flash for mobile devices - one particular use for a digital copy:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2011/11/mobile-flash-player-blackberry.html

"Adobe is dumping its efforts to build Flash Player plug-ins for Web browsers on tablets and smartphones and instead is focusing more on HTML5"

So, maybe for those portable devices, Flash will not be around for a long time. OTOH, for a normal laptop computer, Flash does look to be around.

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 10:22:15 AM PST
J. Baker says:
20th Century Fox fan all the way

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 5:42:49 PM PST
So i did what Dwayne suggested and it worked for me. I recieved a replacement code for harry potter, and i am trying to grab one for my green lantern version as well. I will ahve to attempt again when Hangover 2 comes out but thats a little ways away still. But atleast they are doing something about it and not saying "Screw you guys". Thought i do kinda find it a load of crap that in the reply with the code they mention "though we are getting tons of great feedback" feedback from who? the corporate execs, or people who helped with the idea. B.S.

Thanks for the solution thought. I am a happy person now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2011 6:06:16 PM PST
Doug Waltz says:
What studios other than Warner are using UV? I think it's just WB and it's subsidiaries...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2011 6:16:13 PM PST
Doug Waltz says:
Nice Dwayne, thanks for stepping up..i've emailed WB in the past with invalid code problems but i honestly didn't think there was any hope in getting them to comply with the iTunes format. Glad to be proven wrong. I'll email them right now with my GL and HP codes (the only reason i actually bought the blu rays was for the 3D...NOT the UV).
Anyway, I'll email them now and keep you guys posted..that is good news. Mabye, WB got wind of your "Occupy Warner" edict :). Power to the People...ha

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2011 6:39:50 PM PST
Doug Waltz says:
Thanks again Dwayne, i just sent my 2 UV tickets for GL and HP8. The ironic thing is, as much as i hate UV (obviously), it really didn't work..it wasn't just inconvenient and a huge Pain in A**, after activating my Harry Potter copy, i kept getting a "Video Service Unavailalbe" message, which was the perfect cherry on top to this lovely UV experience. It feels like they just rushed UV out the door to grab a piece of the Xmas rush, because the program just doesn't feel well tested and it flows terribly. For a studio with a such a HUGE Hollywood footprint, i expected a much higher standard of quality, especially trying to compete with iTunes. Anyway, here's hoping i get my codes...and more importantly, we get (to paraphrase Joseph), the swift and imminent demise of the Ultra Violet digital copy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2011 7:42:31 PM PST
Steve Xander says:
Here here fellow physical media lover! Discs and cartridges forever!!

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 8:46:38 PM PST
Glad this is working for folks sending in the requests. Unfortunately, they haven't responded to my most recent request for a HP iTunes code ... funny ... perhaps they've black-listed me. I'm going to ping them again to push for it. I haven't even tried to register my UV code for Harry Potter 7, not even worth it. I'm uninstalling the UV locker software off my PC.

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 10:20:05 PM PST
Let the buyer beware indeed. I learned my lesson with HP7.2. Will not purchase ANY movie with only ultraviolet as the option for digital copy. Sorry WB. Not gonna do it.

Posted on Nov 16, 2011 6:14:32 AM PST
Cavaradossi says:
I don't do digital copies, so this is sort of unfamiliar territory to me. Yet, I'm very curious to know what it is about this new Ultraviolet DC business that has so many so unhappy. It is seeming to me that WB had better listen. So, what are the problems with it?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2011 8:27:09 AM PST
Doug Waltz says:
Dwayne,
Here's an update on the iTunes code replacments. I sent requests for both Green Lantern and HP (following your steps, thanks for that). I got a ticket assignment for both followed by a replacement code for Harry Potter. When i went to redeem, iTunes said the code had already been used?!? Hopefully this was just an honest error and i sent UV support a request for a replacement code. But as of today, still no closer to getting iTunes versions of my movies, but i'll keep you posted.

Posted on Nov 16, 2011 9:22:12 AM PST
Warner Bros has also conned Universal Studios and Sony into switching to their proprietary UV Digital Copies. Both studios have announced titles with UV dcopies. Sony's first will be The Smurfs and I believe Universal's will be Killer Elite.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2011 9:39:31 AM PST
Doug Waltz says:
Wow, that sucks. They must have dangled some serious incentives, especially with all the negetive feedback aimed at UV. I really really hope our digital media doesn't end up in two piles (pre UV and post UV). Come on Apple, step up and start fighting back for iTunes. You have the majority support (as of now) but we've all seen how quickly the public can sway and if what Chad says is true and more support comes out for UV and Cloud streaming...guess who ends up paying for it...literally. Us consumers who just want to support our favorite movies and not have to buy them more than once. Gonna be a real fun Christmas....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2011 10:00:27 AM PST
Sudeley says:
The more they screw up the more they push toward using programs to rip the dvd or bluray into a usable format. Wish they would think before they do anything in these piece of crap corporations.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2011 10:36:49 AM PST
I couldn't agree with you more. I just went through that experience with Deathly Hallows: Part 2 and was so frustrated that I just decided to live without the digital copy. I don't want more software on my Mac, so I deleted it and will avoid anything with Ultraviolet. You are so right about it being outrageously convoluted and unnecessary.

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 8:58:05 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 17, 2011 9:03:14 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 9:02:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2011 9:02:54 AM PST
Update-Adobe has announced Flash is at an end. No new versions will be developed. v11 will be the last Flash for windows and mobile development is already stopped. Too many iPads/iPhones out there now in the market that don't use it. Apple killed it.

Its all htlm5 from here on out.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2011 9:34:44 AM PST
Doug Waltz says:
For a positive change of pace, UV support sent me an iTunes code for HP8 and an itunes Gift code for Green Lantern. If Chad is right, and other studios jump on this UV bandwagon (for whatever reason), at least it looks like they will honor those of us who prefer iTunes (and that's a step forward). Then hopefully, WB will take this one more step farther and actually support iTunes right out of the gate.

No one is saying Warner should flush Flixster (i'm sure they've spent plenty on R&D and marketing), just give us the choice of what to use. Then, in the true spirit of Capitalism, Darwinism and any other "ism" you think of, the superior product will reveal itself thru consumer selection.

Anyway, i have to give WB support credit for coming thru and giving me iTunes replacement codes for both my UV digital copies.

Posted on Nov 27, 2011 6:21:05 PM PST
L. Titus says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 2, 2011 3:23:48 PM PST
Inception (Two-Disc Edition) [Blu-ray]
Wow! I just finished reading how WB screwed everyone on Green Lantern with Ultraviolet DC. I felt bad because I had been saving my digital copy discs for my iMac purchase. Now that I'm loading them all, I'm bumping up against this expiration date crap. Every studio but one allowed me to load anyway. Guess who said, "Too Bad?" Warner Brothers! (On Inception). So, based on that experience and based on the reviews above, I've purchased my last WB Blu-ray disc period! Want to change arrogant behavior? Stop buying from WB!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2011 12:34:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2011 12:41:33 PM PST
i_law38 says:
That's easier said then done. WB has it's hands in a lot of must own movies that have been released or soon to be released movies. My sister in law found out the hard way when she couldn't upload her Harry Potter pt.2 to her iPad, or even iTunes for that matter. Shes such a noob, anyway, my advice would be to download it from iTunes in HD or wherever you can download the movie in file format ie: MKV, MP4 and M4V. The later two essentially the same format play on iTunes with no editing , where as MKV files do require conversion. And for all those still in the dark, Handbrake which is a free downloadable app can edit every movie file format to play on any, Apple or PC or any mobile and cellphone device that supports playing such files.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  69
Total posts:  179
Initial post:  Oct 14, 2011
Latest post:  May 13, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions