Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

After blu-ray, what comes next?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 255 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:27:06 AM PST
Ashely1990 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 3:03:55 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 7:31:44 AM PST
stevign says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 10:22:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 10:26:26 AM PST
The Android Market is not the internet, it is just one part of the internet. Music Elite will not download files from the Android market.

I did not say that the Android market was not the internet, I said that what is downloaded via Music Elite is not from the Android Market.

You obviously have not used the Android Market (now called Google Play Store).

Are we going to have another A-B-C discussion?

(added) Think of it this way - when you download a video using Microsoft Internet Explorer, do you say you downloaded the video from Microsoft? I don't think so.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 11:51:04 AM PST
A M says:
"The Android uses the internet. Downloading anything from the Android market is downloading it from the internet."

And if you read her initial post. She didn't say she downloaded music for free from "the internet." She said she can "download any album I want for free from the Android market."

For someone who is so big of facts, figures, data, and numbers, one would think you would collect all the information before making a statement.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 12:11:16 PM PST
stevign says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 12:14:58 PM PST
Acually Sony is developing a blue/violet ray called BR-V. Holdng over 1TB of data. The Blue Ray format will be here for awhile.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:40:04 PM PST
Nat Whilk says:
Yes, and other son-of-BD prototypes have been developed too. But so far I haven't come across any hint that the movie industry is interested in picking them up. It seems that the first source of UHD content is likely to be an Astra satellite in two or three years' time.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 2:12:55 PM PST
A M says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:44:30 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:48:39 PM PST
stevign says:

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 7:54:04 PM PST
Georgedc says:
after blu ray, it's 4K for sure but on what media or delivery system i don't know.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 10:48:50 AM PST
Nat Whilk says:
NHK, the Japanese broadcaster, are apparently planning to skip 4K and go straight from HD to 8K. 4K is, like, so last decade.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 3:16:55 PM PST
Bourne1886 says:
I agree the best of both worlds is good. Memphis Belle does looks like c*** on DVD, but much better on download. Mixing and matching is the best policy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 10:08:25 AM PST
I believe, after the last blu ray fiasco, practically having to buy a new blu ray player as technology evolved, I believe we have had enough. The picture is beautiful now and any advancement now, would in my estimation, just another way to make money and I'm frankly tired of it all. VP, Tampa.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 11:13:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 11:14:18 AM PST
Nat Whilk says:
I sympathise, Mr Pezzella. I think that if the industry asked us what would make home theater more fun, most of us wouldn't ask for any new tech at all - we'd rather have everything in the DVD catalogue issued on Blu-ray too. (I still have a couple of Laserdiscs of classical music concerts that haven't even been issued on DVD!) For what it's worth, it seems that while a handful of 4K screens and projectors are now becoming available, it'll be quite a while before there'll be any 4K discs to challenge our beloved BDs.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:43:15 AM PST
Having had an unusual heart surgery which added components, technically, by definition I would be a cyborg.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 1:39:45 PM PST
stevign says:
And we have a mate for you...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er93AeApIX0&feature=relmfu

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 11:14:32 AM PST
Alan says:
Sony has announced that they will have 4k widescreens available for the consumer in 2013.
No prices mentioned yet, but can't wait for someone to tell us a ten thousand dollar tv is consumer friendly pricing.
Also, as Sony knows lack of content will hurt the sales and introduction of 4k tv's to the market, they will also be offering some type of internet streaming services of 4k material - and it said "for free".
That should be interesting - how they intend to provide free streaming of programs without paying any type of fee (even bypassing fees to copyright owners, production artists and actors?).
We'll see...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2012 6:14:26 AM PST
Nat Whilk says:
Sony indicated that the price of this TV in Europe might be somewhere in the region of 25,000 euros. Apparently the display is sourced from LG, and will also be used in TVs from other makers including, I think, Samsung.

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 5:13:43 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 5:25:19 AM PST
Nat Whilk says:
BD box sets don't always have many fewer discs than their DVD equivalents. E.g. Band of Brothers has 6 BDs. Typically a TV series that uses 5 or 6 discs on DVD needs just one fewer on BD, presumably because an episode needs many more bytes in HD than in SD.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 4:15:19 PM PST
Kerry.b says:
i would like to ask a question on blu ray if i may..
my question is Will there be blu ray car audio systems instead of dvd players for cars..has blu ray made players for car audio yet..if so have you bought one for your car,fully installed..thankyou..i hope my question does not interfere with your question on After Blu Ray,what comes next?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 5:40:06 AM PST
Nat Whilk says:
Audiovox announced the first in-car Blu-ray player for $350 at the CES two years ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 3:32:01 PM PST
The fact that you assumed he was too poor to own a car first, and lived in a city second, speaks volumes.

I'll agree with you that there's nothing quite as fine as settling into a theater to enjoy a movie with a group of like-minded people. However, far too often the experience of going to a movie is not that optimal, because you're surrounded by people who aren't like-minded at all. They're not there to soak in the movie, they're there because it's the weekend and you gotta go somewhere ans do something. You know the schpiel, the yappers, the cell phone call takers, the really-you-brought-a-baby-to-THIS-movie-ers. All it takes is one or two 'doo schnozzles' to ruin that movie-going experience, whereas with a decent home theater setup, that risk is minimized. I've gone to midnight openings assuming everyone is excited about the movie, only to have it screwed up by people who assume it's a big party and can't shut up. Drunkards and tweakers and derps, oh my. If I get an Alamo Drafthouse experience in my neck of the woods, where they practically chop of the heads of rude movie goers and put them on spikes to warn others, I'll go the movies far more often. until then, my home theater, my BR, my home theater, I'm happier.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Blu-ray forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  59
Total posts:  255
Initial post:  Oct 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions