Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Blu-ray Sucks! Amazon keeps pushing a format that I hate and will never buy.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 469 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 24, 2010 11:41:10 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 24, 2010 11:41:47 PM PDT
Modrnknght says:
Todd P. James said: "Hey people at Amazon. I'm looking for something better then this junk piece of technology. Stop pushing this Blu-ray recommendations stuff to me when I log onto your site! I'm not intersted! Period!"

Well, gee, Todd, I'm looking for something better than your ridiculous rants. Stop pushing your outdated, bitter battle here. We're not interested. Period.

You are so funny in how you are in still pushing HD DVD. You must be the last standing diehard fan. Do you still haunt every website looking of news of some new HD DVD release?

Please, take a shovel, dig a hole, and bury your bad investment. Then take a deep breath of fresh air and get on with your life.

Posted on Jun 24, 2010 11:54:25 PM PDT
LP Quagmire says:
It's too bad you don't like blu-ray because soon dvd will go the way of the record album. Blu-ray will too, but not until the next format comes along.

Posted on Jun 25, 2010 7:06:18 AM PDT
netman says:
Ironically, Todd's original complaint is regarding the durability of Blu Ray versus HD DVD and yet from wikipedia...

"TDK, Sony, and Panasonic each have developed a proprietary scratch resistant surface coating. TDK trademarked theirs as Durabis, which has withstood direct abrasion by steel wool and marring with markers in tests. HD DVD uses traditional material and has the same scratch and surface characteristics of a regular DVD."

So not only did he choose the wrong format but he didn't do his research in the first place. Perhaps he just likes the name HD DVD better than Blu Ray. Honestly, I remember back when the format wars were in full swing and both Blu Ray and HD DVD were comparable technologies and either would have made an excellent DVD replacement.

Personally I decided to wait for a clear winner before investing my hard-earned cash, especially since I knew that I would eventually replace all of my DVDs with HD. However, if you are an early adopter like Todd, you have to be smart enough to realize that you are taking a chance, and ready to live with the consequences of making the wrong decision. My guess is Todd told his wife before shelling out $1,000 on his first-generation HD DVD player,

"Honey, this is it. This will be the winner and I will never need another player."

Now every day Todd has to hear it from his wife,

"No Todd, you are not getting any money for a Blu Ray player. You've already used up our vacation money and the kids college fund on your poor investment in HD DVDs. Do your homework next time!"

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2010 7:31:21 AM PDT
Funny, I didn't imagine Todd having a wife.

Posted on Jun 25, 2010 7:48:37 AM PDT
netman says:
Well, either his wife or his mother that he lives with...lol

Posted on Jun 25, 2010 7:52:09 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 1, 2011 1:40:18 PM PST]

Posted on Jun 25, 2010 7:58:44 AM PDT
Ryan says:
I wasnt an Oliva Munn fan until this years E3 coverage by G4. Wicked hot, but someone needs to pull the cork from her butt so the priss witch evaporates.

Ive paid less per disk for my bluray collection than I did on my DVDs, and that doesnt even take into account inflation. And the bluray scratch resistant coating is omg awesome!! You can actually FEEL how much more durable it is.

Posted on Jun 25, 2010 8:26:48 AM PDT
Vecha Keason says:
Wow....this was a funny topic....

Come back Todd...I want to hear some more!

Posted on Jun 25, 2010 9:21:01 AM PDT
Moviegeek says:
I can't believe Amazon hasn't deleted this thread, I also can't believe you guys are responding to this troll who started it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2010 9:24:48 AM PDT
Modrnknght says:
Out of curiousity, I clicked on Todd's screenname to see what he has been up to lately and laughed out loud when I saw the title of a book he has on his wishlist:

"Aftershock: Protect Yourself and Profit in the Next Global Financial Meltdown"

Maybe he did learn something from blowing it on HD DVD, after all!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2010 9:28:33 AM PDT
Geek, you just responded, too. duh.

Your post reminds me of the thread I found in the GBF yesterday tattling and snitching on all the tattlers and snitchers.

Posted on Jun 25, 2010 9:35:58 AM PDT
Moviegeek says:
I wasn't responding I was making a statement about how foolish it is to argue with a fool, onlookers might not know the difference.

Posted on Jun 25, 2010 9:36:50 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 1, 2011 1:40:18 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2010 9:42:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 25, 2010 10:59:38 AM PDT
Vecha Keason says:
It's hilarious though!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2010 9:46:03 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 19, 2011 10:36:38 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2010 9:54:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 25, 2010 9:57:43 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2010 11:00:17 AM PDT
Vecha Keason says:
I didn't say he was special.

I said this thread is hilarious.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2010 12:42:51 AM PDT
That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the title of his post. I wonder what brand of 8-track player he has...

Posted on Jun 26, 2010 4:47:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 26, 2010 5:25:55 AM PDT
Benny Katz says:
First of all, my Blu-ray collection is approaching 500 discs, none of which I have paid more than $25 bucks (with the exception of some box sets). The price of blu-ray players have come down to what you'd pay for a quality dvd player. I've seen many in the $99 range, especially around Christmas! I have 3 blu-ray players and love the format . What's the sense in having a High-def plasma (or LCD) and not take full advantage of it? A true movie fan, wants to appreciate the cinematic experience with a clear picture and excellent sound quality!

No one is forcing anybody to buy blu-ray! It's an option, just like you can listen to music on your old victrola or buy a superior sound system. It's your choice. As far as older movies on blu-ray goes, North By Northwest, The Godfather trilogy, early James Bond films and the original Robin Hood (1938) all look superb. Stop being a curmudgeon!

Posted on Jun 26, 2010 10:28:03 PM PDT
Yeah, Blu-ray sucks to the point that it's hard to want watch anything that isn't Blu-ray. Gee whiz, I'm such a sucker for these fads.

Posted on Jun 26, 2010 11:18:10 PM PDT
T. Bank says:
How can you say blu-ray sucks, when I am waiting for the tv series like damages and mad men on blu-ray. There is no comparison between a dvd and blu-ray, if you are looking for the best entertainment

Posted on Jun 27, 2010 1:11:01 AM PDT
blurays got over their poor surface after the initial period. they now feel more durable than standard dvds. and my computer never succesfully played many hddvd titles i have, tho i can play all of my blurays. i am only upset that some of these titles may never see a bluray release, and i still can't even watch it in the HD format even tho i have a drive and the disc. hddvd had way more issues, i hate to say it. i tried out both, and i think the better one won.

even the "flagship" standalone hddvd player had tons of issues and did not play many many discs. total fail.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2010 11:34:38 PM PDT
Not American says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2010 7:26:56 AM PDT
M. Stifler says:
"Blame Canada..."

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2010 8:11:44 AM PDT
Not American,

I was throwing out possible discussion topics to pass the time here. I believe the only person that decided that the 2012 election was a good topic to discuss was you, a Canadian.

How does any of your post make sense when only a Canadian wants to talk about it? Or don't you understand the humor in finding topics to discuss for the next 10 years. Please follow the thread before microcommenting.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  171
Total posts:  469
Initial post:  Jun 22, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions