Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage GNO Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Not the negative 3D thread.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 150 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 5, 2012 1:17:14 PM PST
Obiturized says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 1:22:23 PM PST
Obiturized wrote "demonstration at Rent A Center" ..

.. REALLY??? .. that is what you would base your judgement of 3D presentation?

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 5:42:47 AM PST
My LG passive set is sharp as a razor with 3D Blu-rays. There's an IMAX opening count-down sequence in Deep Sea 3D and Under The Sea 3D that is crystal-clear where the numbers fly right into your face! AWESOME! (Those two Blu-ray 3Ds are must-haves, BTW.)

Get a better demo, or use your prescription specs with passive clip-ons! LOL

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 6:10:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 7, 2012 5:32:22 AM PST
Pulled the trigger this evening and have the Epson 5020UBe projector ordered for the home theater .. actually emailed my wife during the day and asked if I had the opportunity at a bit of a deal, if she enjoyed 3D enough for us to get a new projector .. she responded ".. would enjoy it very much!"

We stopped going to the theaters about nine years ago .. but have gone a couple times in the last two years to see a few select films in 3D to see what we thought (we do not enjoy the theater experience as something always happens, usually to do with inconsiderate patrons, to spoil the experience.) Seeing those films and doing some demos over the last year or so, I really believe 3D needs to be on a larger projection screen (at least for me) and I think the projectors have come down in price and matured now.

Looking forward to getting the projector delivered, hopefully by the end of next week (or early the following at the lastest) and getting it set up to enjoy through Christmas/New Year and beyond ... for those of you with 3D, what are your favorite blu-rays for the 3D experience?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 7:12:12 PM PST
Congrats, Dose!

I recommend you get (not in order of importance):
-Titanic 3D
-IMAX Under The Sea 3D
-IMAX Deep Sea 3D
-Prometheus 3D
-Legend Of The Guardians: Owls Of Ga'Hoole 3D
-Christmas Carol 3D
-Polar Express 3D
-TRON: Legacy 3D
-Madagascar 3 3D

How's these 10 for starters? Cheers!

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 8:45:32 PM PST
Elder Dave says:
Dose,

These would be some of my top picks. I have a bunch more I really enjoyed, but these definitely made me smile with deep satisfaction.

IMAX Hubble 3-D
IMAX Space Station 3-D
IMAX Under the Sea
Triple feature: IMAX Galapagos 3-D, IMAX Into the Deep 3-D, Mummies 3-D
Titanic
IMAX Ocean Wonderland 3-D
IMAX Deep Sea 3-D
Prometheus
Hugo
Captain America
I, Robot
3-D Safari in Africa
The Ultimate Wave Tahiti 3-D
John Carter 3-D
Tintin 3-D
Carmen in 3-D
Puss in Boots

Enjoy your projector! That's a great way to go, but I guess I'll be with my 55" LG for awhile--at least until glassless 3-D becomes a reality some time in the unforseeable future.

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 5:40:12 AM PST
Thanks for the suggestions/recommendations .. I already have a few of those I picked up in the past (Prometheus, Titanic, Tron: Legacy, Hugo, Polar Express, Legend of the Guardians) .. but I haven't picked up any of the IMAX 3D's (have several normal 2D IMAX releases) and I am sure I would enjoy them, so I will look at picking those up in the near future. I also have never picked up any version of Avatar yet as I was waiting for the 3D (though pretty sure another "dip" of a 3D version will come out at some point .. so will probably wait for either a great price on this one or the next release.)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 6:37:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 7, 2012 6:37:58 AM PST
Avengers, Transformers 3, and now Brave, and Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, look real good, too!

If that's your thing: Drive Angry (fun with the buddies and a few cold ones), Resident Evil: Afterlife (awesome out-of-screen native 3D), and Underworld: Awakening (same case as RE:A), are cool 3D picks!

Again, Happy 3D Holidays! ;)

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 6:50:27 AM PST
D. Piper says:
Saw 3D Up and 3 Musketeers yesterday and I would add them both to must see lists as have gone before. Two that I HATED and would recommend to no one were Priest and Cloudy/Meatballs the latter had good 3 d but what a bore!

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 10:42:49 AM PST
Elder Dave says:
Three musketeers was fun with good 3-d for sure. I liked Avengers, too, as well as Spider-man. Journey 2 The Mysterious Island looks really good, and if you're in the mood for some Peter Gabriel, I enjoyed Peter Gabriel New Blood Live in London. And for Hitchcock fans (I am one) Dial M For Murder is a kick, even though the film shows some wear, it's still good to see it in its native 3-D.

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 8:04:13 PM PST
I enjoyed the two 3D classic moviees "Dial M for Murder" and "Creature from the Black Lagoon" both of which I purchased from amazon.com

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 2:31:41 PM PST
Elder Dave says:
Gerald,
I tried immediately to get "Creature from the Black Lagoon" in 3-D from Amazon, but could find it only on Amazon UK. Is that where you bought it?

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 4:09:27 PM PST
Otter0911 says:
Elder Dave,

Creature from the Black Lagoon 3D stand alone BD is only at Amazon UK.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 4:15:23 PM PST
Elder Dave says:
Thanks a lot, Otter0911. I hope it really does turn out to be "region free" as they advertise. I'll order it from there, then. Thanks again.

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 4:17:16 PM PST
Otter0911 says:
Elder Dave,

No prob and yes its region free I own it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 8:24:07 PM PST
Elder Dave says:
Thanks again, Otter0911. Ordered it and can hardly wait to see this film that I saw in a theater during its original release. Hope they do all the old 3-D's like Kiss Me Kate, House of Wax, It Came From Outer Space, Bwana Devil, etc., etc. Lot of joyful memories here.

Thanks again.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 4:21:13 PM PST
The Man says:
I just saw The Hobbit in 48FPS 3d and was blown away - can't wait to see it again. Has anyone heard whether or not the extended edition bluray will be released in a 3D format, or will that just be 2D? If 3D, do you think there will be a 48FPS version? Will we need special equipment to handle 48FPS at home? Just a few curiosities I have at the moment :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 6:30:57 AM PST
old nav says:
Going to see The Hobbit today in Imax 3D Had my sony 55nx810 over two years now and its great and the 2D picture is great Just got my 50th 3D Blu ray Avatar was the selling point for my wife have watched non 3D blus converted to 3D by my tv and enjoyed them watched football also converted to 3D and the results were good glad to finally see a thread from others who enjoy 3D I just dont understand the haters everyone has a choice not to watch 3D there are many movies that I have no desire to ever watch

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 11:02:18 AM PST
Cavaradossi says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 12:02:02 PM PST
Elder Dave says:
@The Man

It seems Warners first announced and then retracted a release date for the extended edition of The Hobbit. A number of sources reported that, this one included:

http://collider.com/hobbit-extended-edition-blu-ray-revised/200574/

So...though it will probably be released in 3-D (it would be illogical to release it only in 2-D), we don't know when, though the speculation is it will arrive about the time of the second installment. Others may have found newer data on this.

Also, got my copy of Creature From The Black Lagoon in 3-D from Amazon UK, and it is a real kick to see this again. Took me back almost 60 years! Hoping more old original 3-D chestnuts get released!

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 11:56:24 AM PST
most movies converted to 3d don't look so great,they are ok, titanic 3d looks fantastic though , but movies shot in 3d usually look great on a 3d tv.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 8:01:21 PM PST
I enjoyed IRobot 3d, i havnt got to Titanic 3d, i enjoy them even more when they're priced under 20 bucks!

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 6:46:26 PM PST
Georgedc says:

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 7:07:54 PM PST
Cavaradossi says:
Georgedc

Has it ever been suggested that non-glasses 3D is even possible? I've never read anything that suggests it might be.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2012 12:47:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 30, 2012 12:47:51 AM PST
Glassesless 3D is being worked on. The issues include resolution and valid viewing angles. Didn't one of the handheld gaming devices have glassesless 3D?

I believe the theory was that every 1080p pixel is actually 9 directed angled pixels, so the tv actually needs 9 times the resolution of a standard 1080p tv.

This of course creates specific viewing angles and distances that the 3d effect will work, zones, if you will.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  53
Total posts:  150
Initial post:  Nov 27, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions