Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Blu-Ray Price Reductions & Bargains

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2009 7:36:45 AM PDT
Hey everyone,

Another great place to look for good import blu-ray deals is Zavvi.com http://www.zavvi.co.uk/zavvi/home.dept . They have alot of the same blu-ray movies that Amazon U.K. has except Zavvi gives you free shipping, even to the United States. I've compared prices and usually they are within a pound or two of each other but if factor in the free shipping (where Amazon charges 3 pounds to the U.S.), sometimes their deals are better. Plus, once you buy from them, you get e-mails with coupon codes (4 pounds off 40 pound purchase, 3 pounds off 30 pound purchase, etc). The last one I got just expired but I'll try to post them when I get the codes.

Here's what I have received from them recently and all for $15 or less: Equilibrium, Hostage, Bone Collector, Zulu and Almost Famous....

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2009 8:25:37 AM PDT
Hey Zombie, thanks for sharing this with us! How is the collection coming? Don't believe we ever shared stats? Mine is 300+ HD DVD, 300+ Blus, 600+ SD's & Sets, and I've started buying some Steelbooks.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2009 9:11:50 AM PDT
Digital Babe,

Well, my addiction has been really bad. I had about 1000 DVDs but as I buy BDs (and back during the format war, HD DVDs), I then try to sell off my SD versions. So, as of now, I have 320+ BDs and HD DVDs (also upgrading my HD DVDs to BDs slowly but surely as they are released), and have approx 600 SD discs and sets left...

This week, I want Hellraiser, Sin City and the X-Men Box Set but could only afford $20 so of course I ordered the Hellraiser BD from Amazon (my all time fav horror movie, along with Hellraiser 2 and the Exorcist).

I remember last year at this time, there would maybe be one to three movies coming out each month on blu-ray that I wanted. Now, the flood gates have opened and I am having trouble keeping up. I have backed off somewhat on buying EVERYTHING day of release because I have found waiting a month or two sees the prices drop immensely on some discs (Eagle Eye, The Ruins, Doomsday, Body of Lies, just to name a few). But then there are some movies that I MUST have on day of release...

I am thinking of starting a new meeting for people called HDA (High Def Anonymous) for all of us addicted to high def and we can compare and find out who has the biggest problem (hahaha). But then again, I guess there are more expensive and much more dangerous things to be addicted to and thinking that way, I don't feel so bad.... :)

Anyway, thanks for all the updates and if/when I find out about something, I will be sure to share with all you as well...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2009 10:42:28 AM PDT
Hey Zombie, HDA (LO)-awesome! I know how you feel. I've been putting a lot of items in my queue, due to my hesitation with transfer quality. I picked up X1 and 2 from Best Buy, as I had some Rewardszone certs. They come with movie cash codes, so you can see the new Wolverine flick for free. It was a good deal, IMO. Doomsday was cheap at Inetvideo (and stars hottie Rhona Mitra). If you've not seen the latter, you may enjoy it. The sound is strange, you may need to turn your speakers up, but overall,it's an entertaining, raw time. I also picked up some at the Warner Bro sale over the weekend, and those were $14 or so for new releases and pre-orders. The release slate has picked up. Unless I love it, or it's cheap, I don't buy it, I rent it. Netflix has been a great "try out" medium.

Posted on Apr 20, 2009 3:53:46 PM PDT
Blu-ray.com has a good "Hot Deals" section.... they cover many regions etc. too.... of course Amazon is often a place with the best price...... They even have a "Deal Tracker" that shows when Amazon drops the price on a title....

http://forum.blu-ray.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

My main setup is a Mitsubishi HC-1500, with 106" screen, B&W 705s/HTM7/686 and currently replacing my old Def Tech 14" ref. sub....

"Collection" is about 75 HD DVDs and about 75 Blu-rays, with 1,200 or so DVDs

I've "slowed" my buying from the DVD days though.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2009 5:13:54 AM PDT
Hey 600-good post! Yes, the dealtracker is a cool addition to their site. Sometimes the price drops show up there 1st, since it's updated frequently. Thanks for sharing with our posters!

Posted on Apr 22, 2009 12:12:38 PM PDT
Figs. Newton says:
Saw this on techbargains

Discovery has the Planet Earth Blu-Ray 4-Disc Set for a low $29.99 after Coupon Code: TBEARTHDAY (Exp 4/22). $4.00 Shipping. Tax in CA, OH, KY, VA, NJ, IL.
haven't tried it since I already have it but a helluva deal!

Product link : http://store.discovery.com/detail.php?p=85199&v=discovery&AID=10534289&PID=227502&SID=160816-n-1&ecid=AFF-7975437

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2009 12:50:17 PM PDT
Thanks C. Figuroa!

FYI-Warner has offered a "Red to Blu" program. As a dual purchaser and collector, I won't be taking part, but if you have not heard already, here is the info:

http://www.red2blu.com/products.html

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2009 6:33:22 PM PDT
I was able to get this deal. Awesome! Thanks so much, I have been waiting for a good deal on that one.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2009 8:35:24 PM PDT
Deepak Ravi says:
Thank you DIGITAL BABE for the Red2Blu tip. That was very useful - sent in all my HD DVD's for an upgrade :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2009 10:59:38 PM PDT
Figs. Newton says:
No prob alley, I try to do my part. I got mine for 50 I think and at the time that was the best deal I'd seen. Glad you could get a better deal on a must own title.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2009 4:50:44 AM PDT
Deepak, apparently there is a 25/household max, but maybe a friend can help you out.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2009 1:39:48 PM PDT
Hulk $15.99 Best Buy:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/news/show/High-def_Deals/Universal_Studios/HDD_Spotlight_Bargain:_Incredible_Hulk_Blu-ray_$15.99_at_Best_Buy/2737

For those of you who want to visit the store, or prefer to get the movie the same day. Enjoy!

Posted on Apr 27, 2009 2:29:20 PM PDT
Figs. Newton says:
Saw this and figured I'd post it.
Dell Home has the Sharp BD-HP21U Blu-Ray Player for a low $179.99. Free 2 Day Shipping with Coupon Code: ZBC8LPSBMMRB28 (Exp Soon). Tax in most.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A2142828&cs=19&c=us&l=en&dgc=SS&cid=39715&lid=1003769

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2009 2:48:31 PM PDT
AnimeGod981 says:
:::DIGITAL BABE::: says:

My HT Gear:
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
**42" and 50" Panasonic Plasma
** Toshiba A2** 2X Toshiba A-35
**Onkyo 805
**Toshiba XDE
** Panasonic BD35K
** PS3 80 GB
**2XLG BH200
** 103"Screen/ LCD Projector (Hitachi)
**Onkyo, Yamaha and Paradigm Sound
** Monster Center
** 300+ Reds & 300+Blus**600+ SD's/Sets

Ever hear of Bluray.com? I think its linked to amazon since they are liked up with every amazon sale lol

This site is cool you can link pics of your Home theater rate other members gallerys. Its got a large forum! You can log your collection online write reviews and rate movies!

Heres my profile if you wanna check the site out and see an example.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?member=EvilE981

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2009 3:39:11 PM PDT
AnimeGod981 says:
Zombie Fanatic says: I am thinking of starting a new meeting for people called HDA (High Def Anonymous) for all of us addicted to high def and we can compare and find out who has the biggest problem.

Count me in!!
I used to uses this site that shut down called dvdspot. It allowed you to log your collection. It was great because it decided title counts as well as DVDs/blus you had. For example 1 season of Everybody loves Raymond counts a 1 title. However if you got the Entire series it counted as 9 titles since there was 9 seasons. Anime is often sold in volumes so 7 volumes makes up 1 series. At the end they sell the series in a box set or a thin pack. The thin pack still counts as 7 titles because it contains the previous individually released 7 volumes. Or movie packs like the Nightmare on Elm Street Collection that containes all of the movies counted as 7 for the 7 movies- the bonus disk doesn't count.

Anyways according to those guide lines I had over 1700 DVDs (including Anime, Tv series, box sets etc.) I stopped counting about a 1 1/2-2 yrs ago. Since then my title count went up but I lost count and now I am selling off my DVDs as I get new Blus to replace them. Since October when I made the jump to Blu I hit 188 blus. More titles since this new site doesn't divide title count vs purchases. (so the borne trilogy here counts as 1 title not 3 like the old site)

I waited until the format was was over so I never bought any HDs.

With that said umm when the 1st meeting? haha

Posted on Apr 27, 2009 8:56:12 PM PDT
Earmullet says:
Went to Barnes & Noble yesterday, they have 40% off selected blu ray titles with an additional 10% off for members, some of the prices are still rather steep, but found some good bargains. Sale should be going on until the 5th of May.

Posted on Apr 27, 2009 10:42:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 27, 2009 10:50:06 PM PDT
A Customer says:
I'm looking for Bond Steelbooks for ManWTGoldenGun & License to Kill BDs and finding only other queries. Appreciate any findings. I like steebooks.

Bravia XBR5
Apple Cinema HD Display
Panamax Power Manager Level 4
Denon BD Transport 2500
Denon AVR 3808
Energy Take 5
7000 DVDs
1000 BDs
2 Cats

Hot tip- In a rush and got to buy it at a store? BB price matches off the net, at the store, 'but only B&M stores'. Target is a B&M store that lists Amazon's prices! Do you follow? It works, and if the price goes down in a month; you get a refund if you are in BB R.Zone (free, plus you get tiny points that lead to store credit)
If you can wait, Amazon's SSS plus best way to go; remember to check the price changes at midnight (Pacific) on Mon-Tue pre-release date.
I've tried Amazon non-US sites with good results. Just check your stats (somewhere besides Amazon) for compatibility.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2009 4:49:36 AM PDT
earmullet, any examples of prices you found, w/titles. B&N usually lists their movies at MSRP-did you find anything like or better than Amazon? We know Amazon is tough to beat, but I am just curious what this particular B&M is doing?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2009 4:52:21 AM PDT
AnimeGod981 says:
Depending on your location Borders is doing 50% off msrp. Its a clearance. Looks like the stores that are doing this wont be selling DVDs and Blus as well as music anymore. So if you want any BDs DVD and Cds its worth a look.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2009 4:55:15 AM PDT
Anime,

Yes, good one. I went in the other day, and although I didn't see anything I wanted, I have cleaned up at a Borders that did a store closing. It's not clear if they will drop the % more for this particular sku reduction strategy for their media, but many cd's were also 50% off, so it is worth a look, like you said. Borders Rewards is also free, and you accumulate expenditure towards "Borders Bucks". You can sign up in store.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2009 7:21:17 AM PDT
Starship Troopers Trilogy in Goldbox-under $40, enjoy!

Starship Troopers Trilogy [Blu-ray]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2009 12:30:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 30, 2009 12:36:53 AM PDT
Melinda says:
Digital Babe,Thank you so much for the inetvideo tip just scored the halloween remake for $9.99.I have been close to buying this movie for a while but could never find it under $25.This is a great site they have a good selection of blu rays for under $8 right now.Also bought prom night for $7.77 and journey to the center of the earth for $9.99 have not seen these movies yet but for that cheap i could not resist.Thanks again

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2009 4:34:10 AM PDT
Cru, no problem, glad the info helped! Inet has had some great deals for Blu and HD DVD shoppers alike. I've placed numerous orders there and never had a problem. Enjoy your new flicks!:)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2009 9:49:20 AM PDT
Earmullet says:
Reservoir Dogs was $19.99 and ended $10.79 with a member card. Coming to America was $29.99 and ended up being $16.19 with a member card. Those are two examples, I can't remember off-hand what was reduced. I do remember American Psycho and Groundhog day being just a few that were also discoutnted.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  497
Total posts:  5669
Initial post:  Mar 27, 2009
Latest post:  16 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 187 customers

Search Customer Discussions