Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Amazon now Charging Tax!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 859 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 12:28:52 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
oh, I live in Montana now, I just havn't bothered to update my profile.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 12:37:05 PM PST
stevign says:
re: "I live in Montana now"

I to assume you raise Dental Floss? I hear they have nice rivers there, as a trout and Steelhead fisherman, I definitely would like to check it out.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 12:54:45 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
indeed they do, there's also too many deer around (IMO), my mom's ex found a deer with a broken leg 2 weeks ago and is now nursing it back to health, even though he's a deer and elk hunter.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 7:17:28 PM PST
stevign says:
Thanks for the info, hope the deer doesn't end up with a limp. ;~)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 11:05:49 PM PST
Scout says:
Hi there.

Do you have any idea how price matching works with Amazon Warehouse deals (fulfilled by Amazon)?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:07:07 AM PST
paper tiger says:
Amazon Warehouse deals are taxed. However if it is a 3rd party seller with fulfulment by Amazon, then there is no tax.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:20:03 AM PST
R. hebert says:
I agree amazon along with Walmart has hurt a lot of retailers now the playing field is beginning to level out.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 12:41:59 PM PST
Scout says:
Sorry I was unclear...my question was to someone who posted earlier who said Best Buy in Ft. Worth will price match sold or fulfilled by Amazon.com, so I was wondering if and how that would apply to Amazon Warehouse items. I'm also in TX and I would like to try to learn as much about Best Buy price matching before I inquire whether it's a corporate or regional policy or just determined on a case-NY-case basis.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 1:38:58 PM PST
stevign says:
re: "I agree amazon along with Walmart has hurt a lot of retailers"

But certainly not the public and more specifically, the Poor.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 2:12:39 PM PST
"But certainly not the public and more specifically, the Poor."

Because their only job choices are at Walmart, instead of higher end electronics stores? Fewer jobs at lower wages certainly helps out the poor. How, exactly?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 2:20:16 PM PST
stevign says:
re: "Because their only job choices are at Walmart"

Really? You mean every poor person in America works at Walmart? Wow, who knew?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 2:23:31 PM PST
If by the topic of discussion (which you agreed with), retailers are being hurt by Amazon. That means those other retailers won't be hiring, so what would their other choices be?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 2:35:09 PM PST
stevign says:
I didn't "agree" to anything. Freedom of speech and Amazon accords me the right go off topic a bit if I choose to. It also means you have the right to vote down my post. Feel free to if you wish.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 2:37:52 PM PST
You did not agree to it, you flat out made the statement on the topic- "But certainly not the public and more specifically, the Poor."

This is what I responded to!

Do you not remember posting this?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 6:42:41 PM PST
stevign says:
R. hebert said "I agree amazon along with Walmart has hurt a lot of retailers now the playing field is beginning to level out."

I assumed he was talking about the size of Walmart and its capability to offer cheaper prices and that was driving smaller shops out of business because they couldn't compete. The complaint is made constantly. My comment was only about that and although it is true, it is also true that the public and especially the poor get better deals at Walmart. If I misunderstood what he was talking about then he himself can suggest a proper punishment. Hopefully to be spanked by Vanessa Marcil.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 1:20:46 PM PST
Obiturized says:
I agree with all the other reviewers, I will still continue to buy from Amazon, I would say it's not their fault either.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 9:58:10 PM PST
this will happen in Indiana in 2014

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 9:38:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 6, 2012 9:42:24 AM PST
machugger says:
It seems that this issue was a vague future fear, and without ample warning, it's become a reality. I'm wondering how this caught me unaware.

Is it similar to the tort reform campaign + its effects? That is, whereas it was publicized as one thing (to curtail frivolous lawsuits), but was actually something else that benefitted big business + politicians and screwed the average person with a valid claim.

I only wish there was a way to combat this; it really neutralizes the benefit of buying online.

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 9:40:33 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 6, 2012 9:42:37 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 5:25:54 PM PST
Amazon is not taxing you, your states is requiring that they collect the sales tax for them, since people do not follow the law and submit the sales tax voluntarily. If you will check your states tax law, I am sure that you will find that you are required to pay any sales tax that was not collected. So in the past, you have, effectively been a tax cheat.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 5:31:25 PM PST
I would reply but I do not understand your statement.....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 5:36:04 PM PST
If your state has a sales tax, then you are responsible for paying it to your state. Just because they do not send someone to your door to collect it does not mean that you do not owe it. Google your states tax code page and I predict that you will find the law and the form to download to complete and mail in with your check. Since I live in Tennessee, I have always downloaded the form and sent in my sales tax owed, to support my state. We choose not to have an income tax and the answer is to pay a sales tax...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 5:39:37 PM PST
stevign says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 5:43:04 PM PST
Responsibility of the Buyer for Virginia:
This is where the sales tax becomes the responsibility of the buyer. It is called a "Consumer's Tax" as opposed to a "Sales Tax." Residents of Virginia who make more than $100 in purchases per year, that they do not pay sales tax on, must pay this tax. These purchases include Internet and catalog purchases, as well as goods bought from outlets outside Virginia that were shipped into Virginia. This tax, which is less than the normal Virginia state sales tax, must be filed by May of each year
Read more: Virginia Sales Tax Laws | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_6627580_virginia-sales-tax-laws.html#ixzz2EQ8LLeCA

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 5:45:39 PM PST
That is why we are opposed to an income tax in Tennessee. It would be just another way for the government to get it's hand in the public's pocket.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Blu-ray forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  331
Total posts:  859
Initial post:  Sep 1, 2012
Latest post:  15 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 31 customers

Search Customer Discussions