Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

No Rush Delivery

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 2, 2012 3:05:58 PM PST
JMM says:
Did anyone else choose the "No Rush Delivery" option for movie purchases during BF Deals Week?

I thought during checkout it said they would ship it within 3-5 days?

I placed five orders between Nov 22-25 all using No Rush Delivery, and not a single one has been shipped.

I'm really not in a hurry, and I wanted the free Instant Video credits that were offered. But I was just wondering if anyone else is waiting this long for stuff? Not complaining, just curious. I guess No Rush really means no rush. :)

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 3:20:06 PM PST
Nope, ordered 7 separate flicks on Thursday and Friday with the promotional credit offer and only 1 hasn't shipped.

Shipped - Brave, Cool Hand Luke, Primal Fear, Battle LA, Cloverfield, and The Bond Set

Not Yet Shipped - Super 8

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 3:21:46 PM PST
JMM says:
Well, lucky you. :)

I ordered the Bond set as well, and it has not yet shipped.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 6:53:02 AM PST
Cavaradossi says:
I've been wondering about this, too. I'm an Amazon Prime member and a number of my Amazon, not marketplace, DVD/BD purchases have taken longer than the two days to arrive. I'm still waiting on some purchases from early last week. I assume it has something to do with the large volume in this holiday season, since there have been no delays the rest of the year.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 8:33:34 AM PST
paper tiger says:
I have Amazon Prime and throughout the holiday season, just like last year, Amazon offers promotional credit for placing your order with "no rush". I do this every time they offer it because no matter what I still get my order within a week plus I get at least $1 Amazon movie credit with my order once my item ships. I have noticed it depends on the items in your order and the cost. I bought a video game and due to the $60 cost it gave me $3 Amazon movie credit instead of the usual $1.

I think this is a great idea that not only helps Amazon out during the busy shipping holidays, but also rewards us customers.

I have $17 dollars of Amazon movie credit simply from choosing the "no rush" option at checkout for all of my orders. I love it!

With Amazon Prime we will get our orders within 2 days, though if you choose the "no rush" option it will give a week or so window. However I have never had to wait longer than a week after I place my order.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 8:50:56 AM PST
I used the no rush shipping on about 7 different purchases on Black Friday weekend and recieved all of them as of Saturday 12/1/12 (and that was a backordered item).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:12:51 AM PST
EdM says:
> I thought during checkout it said they would ship it within 3-5 days?

I'm pretty sure that's business days. Nov 22-25 has only one "business" day. When you go to delayed, normal delivery, weekend and holiday days clearly don't count.

I considered the offer, as I bought a bunch of BDs, certainly too many to watch in one day. However, the offer was only credit for Amazon videos, NOT normal purchases. Had the offer been good for normal purchases [even at a bit less than $1/per on those $3.99 specials], I'd have jumped. For me, the high quality lossless Audio of BD is must have, and thus streamed videos [or MP3s] are worthless IMO. YMMV.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:15:23 AM PST
I use the "no rush" super saver shipping all the time, and have an extra $79 a year to spend for not signing up for Prime in the first place. And I can use that $79 anytime, anywhere! Not just on Amazon streamed movies. I can even earn interest on it if I decide not to spend it anywhere! Use savings on savings! Novel idea, eh?

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:54:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 10:55:42 AM PST
Cavaradossi says:
The credit for Amazon videos is meaningless for me as I can't access their movies, even though I have Prime. My first generation iPad doesn't have the required IOS 4.0 or something to receive them. I don't own a computer, so I am unable to download updates.

Now, this is something I will admit I don't understand. Lots of people have wireless computers and laptops, from which, presumably, they do their IOS downloads and then load them into their iPads or other brand tablets. Since the iPads are also WiFi, why can't you just download the updates directly with and into the iPad itself? Even my tech savvy friends with iPads know of no other way to do it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 12:24:58 PM PST
EdM says:
Cavardossi - I think you may be confusing Apples and Oranges, in various respects.

First, each version of iOS has different capabilities, and each version of an iOS device also has different capabilities. You can download content from Amazon via the Kindle app, but Kindle's for ebooks, e.g.

OTOH, to download an iOS update, that's a different kettle of fish.

There are two kinds of iPads, those with cellular data, for which iOS version updates are free. [At least they have been on my 3rd gen iPad and on my iPhone, both of which are cellular capable.] Point updates are free. Originally this required doing a hard sync with a computer, using iTunes, though.

As you are behind in iOS updating and lack a computer, I suggest you make an appointment with a "Genius" at a retail Apple store. If you do have a wifi + cellular iPad, I think the updates will be free, as included in the cellular subscription cost. If you only have a wifi model, I think a major version update will cost something like $10-20 [each?]. Point updates are free.

With iOS 5, you can download iOS updates that are free via wifi, an ability that was added in iOS 5, AFAIK. However an original iPad cannot go up to iOS 6. My iPad [3rd. gen.] is up to iOS version 6, and I routinely download app and iOS updates via wifi as desired. However, my iPad is cellular and already had iOS 5 when I got it, as I recall.

You can check out Amazon's Instant Video page, which advises how to D/L instant movies:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000798971#download

There's a link on the page for an App to play Amazon Instant videos.

IN short, with a trip to an Apple retail store, you can get up to date on your iOS software, and then you should also be able to get whatever app(s) you need for D/L content. However, you likely will need an Apple ID to get stuff from the Apple store, if you don't already have one. You also need the ID to use the App store to get new apps or update old apps. Here's an article about iOS 5 and updating:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4623?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

"iOS: How to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch"

"Update your device wirelessly (available in iOS 5 and later)..."

It is a good idea to get up-to-date, not least because Apple includes security updates with even iOS software updates, e.g., including a list of malware websites which the iPad will avoid should you access it via the Safari browser.

Good Luck!

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 1:30:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 1:33:15 PM PST
Cavaradossi says:
EdM

Thanks for the info. I would really like to get caught up as I don't want this iPad to go obsolete long before its time; it was too expensive for that.

As for the Apple ID, would that have been one I specified nearly three years ago when I bought this device? If it is found in the little booklet that came in the box, I am in serious trouble. I have the box, but the booklet isn't in it. I have searched high and low, but have no idea where I put the cursed thing. I probably put it in a safe place, so safe that even I am in the dark as to where that might be. I can make some educated guesses as to what ID I would have provided three years ago, but the system will have to allow several tries.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 3:23:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 3:28:47 PM PST
Techie says:
Amazon Prime movies are not limited to Tablets, computers and phones, practically every blu-ray player, tv sold now has an Amazon access app along with netflix, along with Vudu, XBOX and PS3 had the Amazon access loaded for years, Tivo also.

From Amazon Video Help section, which is really simple to find for people who actually research something as opposed to acting like they know everything:

"Kindle Fire, TiVo and Unbox Player: Prime Instant Video titles are only available for streaming and cannot be downloaded. Prime Instant Video titles can be watched on a Kindle Fire, Mac, PC and nearly 300 models of Internet-connected TVs, Blu-ray players and set-top-boxes. Prime Instant Video titles cannot be downloaded. However, most Prime Instant Video titles are also available for rental and/or purchase, allowing you to download the video to a Kindle Fire, TiVo, or Unbox Player."

And the link to the 300 models of video, non computer related devices:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/video/ontv/devices

as for C.B. There are a lot of other benefits to being an Amazon Prime Member than quicker shipping, and movies and tv, and if you own a kindle, you get a free book rental once a month from a selection that's not too shabby, very similar to the prime video availability, with no due date. There's also the sharing feature:

"Prime members under a free trial or paid subscription can share their shipping benefits with up to 4 additional family members living in the same household, or up to 4 coworkers to shop for the related account. Other Prime membership benefits such as Prime instant video and the Kindle Owners' Lending Library can't be shared." If you can't find reasons for this to be cost worthy, I'd say you really aren't trying and your negative nancy mode has kicked in. Not saying that you have to like it, but to make this statement:

"I use the "no rush" super saver shipping all the time, and have an extra $79 a year to spend for not signing up for Prime in the first place. And I can use that $79 anytime, anywhere! Not just on Amazon streamed movies. I can even earn interest on it if I decide not to spend it anywhere! Use savings on savings! Novel idea, eh? "

is really more than trolling if you don't fully understand the product. Some people who have a household who buys from Amazon more than seven times has pretty much paid for the membership. Because the amount of people who use no rush, is not a lot or Amazon would have made it a less desirable option than it is if it were going to cost them a lot of money. And I'm sure you practice exactly what you preach. You take 79 dollars a year, that you normally wouldn't have, and put it into your savings account because you didn't buy prime, much less, didn't make a purchase and ship it in any other mode than no rush, which would have cost you money. Or Rented a video, or paid for a netflix subscription, or bought a book, because these are all aspects of Prime that you say is not desirable. Yet, if you do use netflix, or vudu, or hulu, or Blockbuster, or RedBox, or any other video rental service, then your statement is just as full of crap as you claim the people are for purchasing a prime membership.

Also, did you know that students get "Student Prime" with other benefits for 39 bucks a year, and there's Amazon Mom that can be used on top of prime where there are 15% discounts and deals on diapers and wipes, and other discounts and deals offered to them via that membership, which would make Prime look very intriguing to those demographics. Taking off the blinders and without the rosy glasses, seems like it's a fair to really good deal for most people who are actually looking at "savings" but definitely not for everyone (especially for people who think it's beneath them to clip coupons, be members of clubs, go to a store to see if they actually have a better deal than Amazon, even with taxes (which are usually negated by shipping costs....gotta love the people screaming about taxes when they pay for shipping every time) and to top it off.....

Not every item is available for Free Standard over $25 nor No Rush Delivery. There usually ends up being one or two items that you have to pay shipping charges for, so again, you end up paying shipping charges at least a couple of times a year.

"Both the items ordered and the shipping address need to be eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping. Our FREE Super Saver Shipping page has more information about what items and addresses are eligible."

So I'm calling your post Bulls**t. Looks good on the internet though, doesn't it.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 3:30:02 PM PST
paper tiger says:
That's very true! I can watch Amazon Prime movies on my 2 laptops, my desktop, my Kindle Fire HD, My Sony Blu-ray Player, My Panasonic Blu-ray Player, My Sony HDTV, and my 2 Vizio HDTV's. It's everywhere and I cannot wait to use the now $20 of Amazon video credit.

I think this is a great benefit which Amazon offers. And if you don't want to take advantage of it, don't use it.

Also, I placed an order today with Amazon and used the "no rush" option and it just shipped and I'll get it tomorrow. Just goes to show you how amazing Amazon is. There should not be anyone complaining about this as it is a huge benefit which is optional.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 3:40:56 PM PST
RMurray847 says:
"Did anyone else choose the "No Rush Delivery" option for movie purchases during BF Deals Week?

I thought during checkout it said they would ship it within 3-5 days?

I placed five orders between Nov 22-25 all using No Rush Delivery, and not a single one has been shipped."

I ordered several movies this way, and those that were in stock all delivered in less than a week. So I appreciated my little bonus from Amazon. There are other movies I ordered, some with Prime, that haven't shipped yet...but they were out of stock when I ordered them. I noticed A LOT of movies going from being "in-stock" to "out" literally within minutes. They still honor the price, but just ran out of supply. Is it possible some of your items fell into this?

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 3:48:21 PM PST
Cavaradossi says:
RMurray847

If you're asking me, all the rest of my items came today. It's about a week since I ordered some of them, but, no sweat, they're here now and that's all that matters.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:14:55 PM PST
R. Logan says:
It took about 2 weeks for my order to arrive.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Blu-ray forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Dec 2, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions