Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Sweepstakes in Prime Music Outdoor Deals on Tikes
Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

LOTR Trilogy EE's Blu-Rays to be split on 2 disc each.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 292 posts in this discussion
Posted on Apr 3, 2011 7:01:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 3, 2011 7:02:16 AM PDT
A/V guru says:
Darn it. I am so disappointed in myself I just bought Alexander Revisited: The Final Cut [Blu-ray] .

I should have waited till they released it where the entire movie is on one disc, not two. Dang it I am so mad at myself, the studio and everybody else cheating me with a second disc.

SARCASM...for those that didn't realize it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2011 9:04:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 3, 2011 10:37:38 AM PDT
"dvd holds 4.7 GB and blu ray 50 GB an extra 45.3 GB, im sure they would fit on one disc but i think they do it because some people think if its on 2 discs it must be better sound and picture.One day people will wake up"

No, most DVDs are 9 GB. Maybe one day you'll wake up and realize that DVD holds SD resolutions with lossy audio. BD could hold many more hours of SD material: but it's normally made for HD programming...which has 6 times the resolution and 3 to 8 times as much audio rates. Because BD stores material that would take up at least 10 times the storage space, one shouldn't assume that it can hold more hours of video then DVD. The only reason 3.5 hour 1080p material can fit on one BD is the advent of better video codecs that can compress the video more then older formats (like what are found on DVD).

Posted on Apr 3, 2011 12:34:47 PM PDT
DeAd MiKe says:
David, there just seems to be no arguing with people's ignorance. We have explained this stuff to them time and time again, but they just keep repeating the same ignorant arguments.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2011 1:04:18 PM PDT're probably right, but I'm trying to see if "Repetition is the mother of all learning" has any merit :)

Posted on Apr 3, 2011 3:58:46 PM PDT
I AM A.M. says:
Guru not trying to start a new argument but if you watch the making of doc. on that blu-ray Oliver Stone said he split the movie up on purpose like that to created a forced intermission. He said he missed the intermissions they used to have in older movies because it made you think about what you watched before you finish the movie. At 213 minutes he could have easily fit it on one blu ray disc.

If you don't beleive me you can watch the making of doc. on the blu ray disc.

Posted on Apr 3, 2011 4:23:29 PM PDT
They wouldn't split it up if it wasn't necessary and incur the expense and trouble with packaging etc.

But in the end, it really doesn't matter.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2011 7:03:33 AM PDT
bfore13 says:
"If someone can prove to us that it is impossible to fit the E.E in one BD, then I don't think that we will be against that. We all want the quality. Or why did we switch from the DVD to the BD ?"

Do you want the convenience of one disc or do you truly want quality? Just because it can be done doesn't mean it SHOULD be done. I'm sure it's "possible" to fit each EE on one BD. However, they would most likely not be of the quality expected of the LOTR movies. Not sure why this is so difficult to grasp for some people.

Posted on Apr 4, 2011 7:15:06 AM PDT
Troy says:
Just buy some blank blu-ray BD-50 discs and make your own version.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2011 1:39:22 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 19, 2011 10:51:13 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2011 1:44:02 PM PDT
DeAd MiKe says:
"You belong to the other speculators who have a religious faith in the studios."

- And you seem to have the same faith in yourself, even though you have been proven wrong in every instance. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2011 6:39:22 PM PDT
bfore13 says:
I have faith that a team led by PJ who made one of the greatest trilogies in the history of film, created EE versions and transferred them to demo level PQ/AQ on DVD know what they're doing when it comes to getting the best video & audio quality of the EEs on Blu-ray. This isn't just any studio. The reason why I upgraded to Blu-ray was to get the best possible video & audio quality. Not so that I'd never have to swap another disk because any movie can fit on a 50GB Blu-ray, quality be damned.

Backing PJ & team in this argument seems much more reasonable than a couple lazy whiners on a discussion forum.

Posted on Apr 9, 2011 3:46:08 AM PDT
L. Cheng says:
Won't stop me from buying it.

End Thread.

Posted on Apr 10, 2011 5:52:41 AM PDT
B. Armitage says:
I'm going to wait the extra 6 months and get the extended version without the extra DVDs...

Posted on Apr 10, 2011 7:26:32 AM PDT
Exactly right 13...lazy whiners who think they know more than the producers.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2011 5:33:02 PM PDT
Don't forget, tarek, you're a speculator too. (Yes, I'm back.)

Your whole thing is to insert a speculative theory with no ground in fact to discuss, and then say, "prove me wrong."

It's a trick older than 2000 years. If scientists did this, then Einstein would have said, "Here's my speculative theory of relativity, you guys prove me wrong."

No, the onus is on you. And I doubt you hold enough details of the situation to support your theory. If might have sufficed if you said that you *think* LoTR could fit into one disc, but you seem mighty sure of yourself to the extent of even accusing the studio producers of greed.

And here I thought idol-worshippers and homosexuals aren't going to hell...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2011 5:40:08 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 19, 2011 10:51:33 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2011 7:01:03 PM PDT
I think it's quite clear to everyone here you've implied through your obstinance. You didn't argue with half a dozen people for 10 pages here because you weren't sure.

Tea, please.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2011 7:33:45 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2011 7:38:09 PM PDT
DeAd MiKe says:
I proved it time and time again. You just aren't comprehending. You're also not taking the right position. Nobody is saying the EEs can't *fit* on one disc. You could fit 90 hours if you want to. I'm saying that the EEs (particularly 'Return of the King') will have compression noise if you squeeze it on one disc. 'Dances with Wolves,' a shorter movie, had compression noise. Logically, this will too. It's really that simple. I'm not sure why you can't understand it.

Posted on Apr 10, 2011 7:54:31 PM PDT
I never post on amazon but I thought I should jump in and defend Mike here. Mike you seem to be getting the raw end of just some idiot whiners who know nothing. The bit rate would be sacrificed in some cases drastically by squeezing these films on one disc. I don't get why it's so hard for some of these guys to get that.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2011 8:13:39 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2011 8:14:58 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 19, 2011 10:51:34 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2011 8:48:05 PM PDT
DeAd MiKe says:
"Dead Mickey. I erased you of my memory. You are an irrecoverable case."
- I've never seen someone go to such childish lengths rather than just admitting that they were wrong. You really are special, and not in a good way.

"Thank you for using 'would' instead of 'will'"
- He said "would" because it isn't going to happen. If the movies would be put on one disc, then "will" would be right right word. But, since the movies will be on two discs, "would" is the right word when talking about the hypothetical scenario of the movies being on one disc.

You are a total idiot.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2011 9:06:56 PM PDT

All the bonus features were produces in SD (remember this was 1998-2002 production), so what difference does it make to you if the bonus features are on BD or DVD? They will look exactly the same.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2011 11:45:54 PM PDT
Fine then. Admit one thing: You don't know whether the EE could fit on one disc or not, and there is a good possibility that, in order to preserve quality, the producers decided to split the blu-ray into 2 discs, and not because of "greed".
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Blu-ray forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  35
Total posts:  292
Initial post:  Mar 21, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions