Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Blu-ray Sucks! Amazon keeps pushing a format that I hate and will never buy.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 469 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2010 8:54:31 AM PDT
JVAN says:
Josh - You're the first to respond, and I think you nailed it on the head. Someone needs to get out their calipers and measure disc thickness. Maybe since BD has 6x the information he thought it would weigh more. ;-)

Posted on Jul 1, 2010 8:59:41 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 19, 2011 10:36:40 AM PDT]

Posted on Jul 1, 2010 9:06:21 AM PDT
Torgon says:
I mentioned Olivia Munn was overrated (IMO) in an earlier post. I kind of like Erica Durance, but I'm sure there will be those of you who feel the same as I do about Olivia ;)

Posted on Jul 1, 2010 9:10:44 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 1, 2011 1:40:23 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2010 9:19:39 AM PDT
Torgon says:
Yeah, I can't wait until Season 10!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2010 11:47:41 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 1, 2010 11:52:18 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2010 11:52:36 AM PDT
JVAN says:
Susan - LOL - It was so hard to see VHS trump the superior Betamax! The serenity prayer comes to mind...

Posted on Jul 1, 2010 12:08:47 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 1, 2011 1:40:24 PM PST]

Posted on Jul 1, 2010 1:21:43 PM PDT
Torgon says:
For those of you who don't think this talk of Smallville adds to the discussion, you are wrong (We just haven't got to that point yet). Smallville has been released on blu-ray for season 6,7,8, and 9 coming out in September. I will say they are not quite the greatest picture on blu-ray, they are better than the DVDs (so now it adds to the discussion). We also get to see Erica Durance in HD ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2010 1:39:12 PM PDT
Torgon,

The OP did not add to the discussion, so anywhere we go is up from there. I have never been a Smallville viewer, but you all have me intrigued. I did enjoy Kristen Kreuk's spin on Chuck, but don't know anything about Erica. I do know having to choose between Yvonne Strahovski and Kristen Kreuk or Rachel Bilson from the first season of Chuck would be a dilemma I would sign up for. Erica just looks like the typical hot young actress in her photos on imdb, I will have to actually watch the show to see how much more than that she is.

Posted on Jul 1, 2010 1:44:10 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 1, 2011 1:40:24 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2010 1:57:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 1, 2010 2:04:49 PM PDT
Torgon says:
The character's name was Alicia Baker played by Sarah Carter. Is that what you were looking for? She was also in DOA based on the Xbox/Xbox 360 games, lol.
@C. Barbus,
I think Smallville has really gotten better in the last couple of seasons. They have already renewed for season 10. It's changed a lot from it's first four or five seasons, where it was about the 'freak of the week'. Now the storylines include some notable Superman villians.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2010 2:33:19 PM PDT
Imdb says Sarah was in one season 3 show and two season 4 shows. I recognize her from an episode of White Collar and as an aspiring forensic investigator in a handful of CSI:NY episodes this year. She was after the lead forensic guys job, at least that is what he thought. Understand why she is memorable.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2010 3:59:16 PM PDT
A customer says:
Get a life dude, Blu-ray is gonna take over regular dvd's . VCR's are already extinct and cd's are headed that way.

Posted on Jul 1, 2010 4:00:31 PM PDT
A customer says:
Get a life dude, Blu-ray is gonna take over regular dvd's . VCR's are already extinct and cd's are headed that way.

Posted on Jul 1, 2010 5:30:46 PM PDT
Peter S. says:
Hahaha Todd P James, you still supporting HD DVD after 2 years of it's demise.
Get a life loser..

Posted on Jul 1, 2010 6:52:48 PM PDT
jk311 says:
Why is this guy so concerned about disc size? If we all whip out our discs you'll be impressed by mine. My format choice is laser disc.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2010 10:04:31 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2010 10:05:48 AM PDT
P. Sandoe says:
oops. too late to this discussion. Please ignore me :)

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 2:37:51 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 2:38:31 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 7:29:16 AM PDT
prob still uses beta max too, tho that was the superior format back in the day and listens to 8 track still., some people just don't like newer tech.

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 7:34:13 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 19, 2011 8:39:15 AM PDT
netman says:
I've replaced 90% of my DVD collection (about 500) with Blu Ray and I can say with the utmost certainty that Blu Ray is better. The picture is better, even on the worst transfers, the sound is always better, the extras are better, and even the menu system is better. Finally, the discs themselves are made from a harder material and do not scratch like DVDs. Yes, I have a 5K Anthem broadcast quality scaler. In fact, the better your equipment, the more difference you will notice.

Anyone who does not believe that Blu Ray will not be the standard for the next 20 years is fooling themselves. DVDs had a great run but the end is coming, and for good reason.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2011 7:49:25 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2011 7:54:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 19, 2011 8:35:27 AM PDT
JVAN says:
Thanks Leon, for the update! Blu-ray is up to 25% of the market?! Cool. It was only [edit] 15% June 2010. At this rate, and after the Black Friday and Christmas sales, it will probably accelerate it's market share even more! Most people I know are not buying blu-rays simply because their DVD player hasn't died yet. Now that blu-ray prices are almost the same (and sometimes cheaper) than their DVD release, and companies like Disney are including the DVD with all of their BD titles, market share is growing faster and faster! I love Blu. I'l pop in a DVD at home, and frequently the fuzzy picture or flatter sound are distracting. Love that I can replace my older DVD's with a used BD for $5-10 now.

As for 5D DVD - Can you find an article that has been published in the last year? This made a big noise in 2009, but no word yet. Besides, 5D is supposed to be DVD compatible, which means it will play in a BD player too (At least 1-2 layers). I'm sure if 5D ever does see the light of day in 15 years or so (yeah, in 2009 they said 5-10 years, but there hasn't been any noise for 2 years), the player will also play blu-rays, which will be even more seated in the market by the time this pipe dream sees daylight in the US.

Long story short; blu-ray is here to stay for at least another 5-15 years. Sit on the fence or get off it. There's always a better widget on the way!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2011 8:05:52 AM PDT
I think you were looking at april of 2009 there ivan cause as of april of 2011 blu ray was at 20 percent not 8 and thats still pretty sad. Sounds like you need a better place to get your info and a better hdmi cable.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Blu-ray forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  171
Total posts:  469
Initial post:  Jun 22, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions