Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Blu-Ray Price Reductions & Bargains

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2009 5:47:27 AM PDT
Anime, that must have made you very happy, since you missed them at Inet-awesome:)

Posted on Jun 12, 2009 5:47:50 AM PDT
AnimeGod981 says:
steelbooks are a trademark design basically a metal DVD or blu ray case. Not to be confused with a metal case or tin pack. They tend to be more of a collectors item vs something most people buy to watch IMO. Most Steelbooks are region specific. Meaning they are localized like only available in Germany or Japan or the UK or USA or Canada etc. They are also sold by specific retailers making them exclusives. Some cases Steelbooks can be found in multiple regions like The 3 new Bond Steelbooks that are avail through amazon only in the in the USA I have heard that a Canadian store similar to best buy called future shop has the rights to sell them. Best Buy in the USA has the rights to sell the 1st 6 bonds Blus in steelbooks.

Because of the collect-ability you find several people cleaning out B&M stores just to throw them up on Ebay or amazon and jacking up the price. Most of the coolest DVDs I have gotten in steelbooks I had to buy on Ebay because they were futureshop exclusives not available in the USA and the Futureshop website doesnt mail internationally.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2009 5:48:51 AM PDT
AnimeGod981 says:
yes I was Digital babe =)

Posted on Jun 12, 2009 5:55:41 AM PDT
AnimeGod981 says:
also in regards to inetvideo they are a market place seller here on amazon too. I dont know how to look up a persons store but I know I bought from them long before I found out they had their own website. To those who are skeptical if you know how to look up a store in the marketplace reading feedback left by others here might make you feel more at ease. Id suggest joining their mailing list when you order because once in a while they do a free shipping deal when out place an order over $50. Thats when I buy box sets lol.

Posted on Jun 15, 2009 2:58:03 AM PDT
iceman says:
i havent seen any deals at the stores this week on blu-ray except $20 2-paks at walmart
anyone see anything?

Posted on Jun 15, 2009 9:36:34 AM PDT
Anybody know any deals on empty blu-ray cases? I tried Sleevetown, but their shipping costs is more than the cases themselves.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2009 11:17:15 AM PDT
Iceman, not much new happening this week in terms of deals. But overall, in comparison to last year, prices have fallen much faster,and both B&M and online stores are running more frequent, and more aggressive sales.

Per some rumbling around the net, Deepdiscount will have their semi-annual 20-25% off sale, which often beats anyone else's prices because it includes their entire DVD and BD inventory. Other than that, I'd say watch the forums, including this thread for other promos. Have fun browsing!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2009 1:07:02 PM PDT
iceman says:
thanks i was aware of that.
Frys this week was weak on its deals on blu-ray

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2009 1:39:01 PM PDT
Iceman-yes, the retailers have sales every other week or so. Then some weeks they have to have "normal" price, as margins on media is very thin-they make money with qty. Guess we'll just have to stay tuned! Please post when you see something worthwhile, as I am sure others will do. Have a great week!

Posted on Jun 16, 2009 2:45:48 PM PDT
Amazon has a sale on the king kong BD for 14.99. Not bad, IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2009 5:48:47 AM PDT
Onix-thanks for sharing this!

As the OP, and dual format owner, I'd like to share an opportunity for those still finishing their HD DVD collection.

Our 2500+ member hi-def group list owner has negotiated a special perk to purchase the "Living Landscapes Collection", shot in hi-def, and containing 9 discs that sell at Amazon for $25/piece + a Bonus HD DVD disc for 75% off.

Two purchase options exist and these are "limited pressing" sets. Perks like these, group buys, contests, reviews, etc, are just some features in our discussion group. If you'd like to purchase a set, and join a fun, all format movie discussion group, enter "digital babe", at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thebombshelter/ and say hello. I am a moderator there, and manage our "deals" links area, with input from all of our members.
Stay tuned for more Blu-Ray deals!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2009 5:50:19 AM PDT
Anyone that is interested in the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon Steelbook, to be released shortly-Amazon has pulled the "Steelbook" case, and so far, it seems to be a play.com (UK Retailer) exclusive. If you purchase Steels, you'll need to find a group buy, led by a UK member, as they don't ship to the US. The cover is printed, not stickered.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2009 9:04:17 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 17, 2009 11:47:19 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2009 9:33:34 AM PDT
Problem with Friday the 13th (2009):

With my player (Panasonic BD30), the movie just starts as soon as disc is booted up, however I don't know which version is playing, the theatrical cut or the extended cut. And going through the settings and whatnot, there isn't anywhere you can click to pick which version you want to see. Am I missing something? Anyone with any info on that would be appreciated....

Posted on Jun 17, 2009 9:35:00 AM PDT
Re: Problem with Friday the 13th (2009)

Never mind, I figured it out....

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2009 11:49:11 AM PDT
FYI-B&N have been cancelling orders for Band of Brothers. I suspect because people used a coupon code in conjunction with the B2G1 (and people were ordering 3, hoping to unload 2 on Ebay). Good Luck if you got your order through! I deleted my post, which got the info from SD, to avoid further confusion.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2009 10:51:19 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 25, 2009 12:10:57 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2009 11:52:57 AM PDT
inetvideo is offering 50% off shipping costs, not the price of the videos.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2009 12:09:28 PM PDT
Russell,

Thanks for your post-yes, I was aware of that, and my post was not clear enough. Have a great day!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2009 2:25:02 PM PDT
Hi All,

Aside from the BD deals we post here,some of you may also be buying SD's on occasion.

Just a heads up for 6/30 (Tuesday, tomorrow)-1 day deals at inetvideo.com:

FYI-

$1 deal, DVD singles

De-Lovely (Special Edition)
Late Night with Conan O'Brien 10th Anniversary Special
Harsh Times

$ 5 Boxsets

The Steve McQueen (Baby, the Rain Must Fall/The War Lover) (Boxset)
Rides - The Complete First Season (Boxset)

ALSO: wbshop.com coupon WBSURVEY7 ends 6/30. Ebates.com offers cash back at wbshop.com. Just enter Warner Bros at their search engine once you sign up,and you will be able to click through to WB. Enjoy!

Posted on Jun 30, 2009 9:53:22 AM PDT
@Digital Babe,

Regarding Columbia House: I joined and have received my initial selections. Today, Tuesday, they have the buy 2, get 2 free deal. Is that deal on every Tuesday? Also, do they ever have better deals than buy 2, get 2 free, like buy 1, get 1 free or??? If you could please let me know, that would be appreciated. I have four sitting on the checkout page which they come out to $17.75 each with shipping (all are $30 selections) and that seems pretty good but before I do this, I just want to make sure that in the next few days they won't have a better deal (at least as far as you know)...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2009 10:01:38 AM PDT
Hey Zombie,

In the past they've had BOGO's, but there is no way of telling if they will again, or if they will soon. It comes down to if you want to wait, or jump in on a future sale, too. Selling media is all about leveraging margin, so they have to do a B2G2 in addition to other sales, as not to erode already thin margin on discs. I work for a major distributor. The $ the retailers make is based on qty, not per disc sales. Good Luck, deciding! If you are ok with the price/disc, I'd say give it a shot.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2009 12:23:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 30, 2009 12:24:35 PM PDT
AnimeGod981 says:
wait is Columbia House doing blus now?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2009 12:29:35 PM PDT
@AnimeGod981

With Columbia House, you need to select 5 standard DVDs for 49 cents each with shipping (right now it's free shipping). Then, once you are a member, then most of their deals will apply to blu-ray discs as well. But you have to select at least 5 standard def DVDs to join. I just selected stuff to sell on eBay so that way, now that I am a member, I can enjoy the benefits with the blu discs...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2009 12:59:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 30, 2009 4:45:21 PM PDT
Confirmed at inetvideo.com:

Canada Day July 1st. Orders over 65$ within Canada will receive free shipping.

July 4th in the USA all orders over 65$ will receive free shipping.

Enjoy!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  497
Total posts:  5669
Initial post:  Mar 27, 2009
Latest post:  9 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 187 customers

Search Customer Discussions