Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Not the negative 3D thread.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 150 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 14, 2013 7:18:44 PM PST
compsciguy says:
Is Final Destination 4 and 5 any good? And I would just L-U-V 2 C Magic Mike in 3D!!

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:56:49 AM PST
Fred says:
If there is the option of 3D release I always buy the 3D version. Sometimes I like to just watch in 2D, so it's nice that most modern 3D Blu-ray discs offer the option. I already where glasses since I'm myopic, so having all the clunky eyewear is not always something I want while viewing. When I'm in the mood 3D is awesome. I'm waiting for the Japanese classic movie Kwaidan to be released on BD, if it was 3D too that would be mind blowing. Also Planet of the Vampires, that is made for 3D... it would be like a time warp back to the past in 3D.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 4:29:27 PM PST
Roy Zander says:
My Sharp active shutter glasses have a ridge above the lens which sits on my prescription glasses and makes the experience very comfortable and enjoyable. My 17 year old, however, doesn't wear glasses and sometimes prefers a non 3d experience. (but not if I have anything to do with it)

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 12:18:55 PM PST
Another 3D conversion to watch for-

Jurassic Park 3D will hit theaters on 4/5, then BD on 4/23!

Wasn't Star Wars episode 2 supposed to be released to theaters in 3D next month?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 1:04:19 PM PST
Elder Dave says:
Glad to see they'll fete me on my birthday (and Bill Shakespeare's) with the 3D BD of one of my favorite movies. Thanks for the heads up, C. Barbus. Looking forward to it.

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 2:42:52 PM PST
I've been buying 3D Blu Rays anytime they go on sale to a price comparable to what I'd be willing to pay on standard blu. I have a PS3 that I'll be using for my 3DBR player, but haven't purchased the TV yet (it'll be one of my major purchased once I buy a home later this year). I'm hoping to get a 70"-90" 3D LCD or one of those sweet 3D projectors if the space provides. I love the fact that most, if not all, 3D Blus come in a combo pack with the standard Blu in it.

One 3D conversion I'd love to see made is Baraka.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 4:06:53 PM PST
S. Phillips says:
Star Was Ep 2 3-D opens September 2013; with Ep 3 just a month later. Reportedly the 3-D conversions will be much better than the rahter subtle job they did on Ep I.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2013 7:03:33 PM PST
I read that Episode 2 an 3 were to be released one month from each other, I think Sept. and Oct.

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 4:50:30 PM PST
D. Piper says:
I am a self professed 3D junkie and since November when my old plasma expired I have bought 71 blu ray 3ds, someone earlier said a movie not worth watching in 2d can be v good in 3d. I almost fullt agree with this but out of all my purchases have only 2 I will never botherto watch again and one maybe/maybe not,,,the bad ones are Priest and Dredd (poor 3d and Dreadful story) and the iffy one is Cage in the ghost motorcyle thing,,,although the 3d was excellent.

Anyone mention the IMAX 3d Cirque du Soliel "Journey of Man"? It is a short 40 min + or - but good enough to be a 3d demo.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2013 8:15:16 PM PST
JD says:
Thanks for recommending the Journey of Man 3D. I was thinking of buying this one and it's priced right too.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 5:12:11 AM PST
Well Heck I bought Dredd sight unseen because others raved about it! Havnt received it yet from Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 11:19:07 AM PST
JD says:
If you like Action movies you will like Dredd. It's something like Robocop meets The Terminator. The 3D adds to the movie but I did not notice any "In your Face" 3D effects. My copy from Amazon works fine.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 1:49:06 PM PST
Elder Dave says:
I really enjoyed Journey of Man which I bought about 8 months ago. The PQ is pretty good for a post-converted 3DBD, and the content is just fine.

We watched The Adventures of Tintin the other night (I keep vowing to get through the whole 3D collection, but, like other fanatics, I keep adding titles!). Just want to recommend Tintin. Excellent motion-capture animation, and a rollicking adventure film to boot. Great 3D.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 3:23:25 PM PST
D. Piper says:
Have you seen the latest 3 musketeers? It was much malignrd by the critics however the 3 D was outstanding in my opinion and the actors involved, mostly English ( Mathew McFayden, Orlando Bloom etc) seemed to be having a good time, it veers considerably from the Dumas version but on the whoke very entertaining and a spare no expense production. BTW maybe I was too hard on Dredd but really felt it was a loser 3D or as a movie in general, glad some are liking it!

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 3:50:48 PM PST
Bourne1886 says:
I recently watched Resident:Evil Retribution. I know it's not every bodies cup of tea but visually the 3D is outstanding. 5 out of 5. Top marks!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 6:03:44 PM PST
Elder Dave says:
We watched The Three Musketeers a few weeks ago and enjoyed it greatly. While we liked all the actors, we especially appreciated the brash attitude of Logan Lerman as D'Artagnan.There are very few critics I trust: Roger Ebert, David Denby of The New Yorker and just a few others. I find I get all the information I need from a survey of Amazon user comments. Sometimes I will take a chance when the price is below $20, and I've been rewarded many times over. Tintin, for instance, is under $15 right now.

I'd love to comment on Dredd, but I still haven't been able to find a 3DBD of it that will play--I'm still trying, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 6:07:29 PM PST
Elder Dave says:
I agree with you about Resident Evil: Retribution. Good flick, very good 3D. I also enjoyed its immediate predecessor, Resident Evil: Afterlife which was also a 3DBD. It's a fun series.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2013 2:52:39 AM PST
Bourne1886 says:
I hope you find one, its worth it. IMO anyway!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2013 2:53:28 AM PST
Bourne1886 says:
I've got them all,but Retribution is the only one I have in 3D.

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 4:59:08 PM PST
One more lovin Dredd 3D! ParaNorman 3D is great too!

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 2:04:20 PM PST
Elder Dave says:
Just got done watching The Best of The Little Rascals in 3-D, and it gave me such delight I just wanted to call it to everyone's attention. Whether you're an old guy like me or a kid, you just can't help laughing at the slapstick, the cuteness and the way it all looks colorized and three-dimensional. Sure, the originals are out there to watch if that's your preference, but this made me feel good, and it's at such a good price, you might want to try it.

Little Rascals: Best of Our Gang [3D Blu-ray]

Word of caution: these were made in the 30's and don't display some of the social wisdom and sensitivities we approve today. Still, historically they're interesting and, from a comedic viewpoint, funny and endearing. And the 3-D is really a plus. That's my 3DBD recommendation for today. I'll just go back to my nap now.

Posted on May 7, 2013 12:17:33 PM PDT
Now up for Pre-order, but no date yet

Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Collector's Edition (Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD Combo Pack + Amazon-Exclusive Flash Drive)
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray Combo Pack)

Posted on May 7, 2013 12:58:47 PM PDT
D. Piper says:
Jurassic 1 in 3D is about as good as it gets! A couple of recent 3Ds were so bad that it has made me super cautious before buying, for a while there I bought anything that came out trusting to the producer's integrity... sorry!.... I now avoid the documentaries by Peter Lord as the Papua was just wasted money and time. Beauty and the Beast a great movie in original but the 3D is a poor example of the cut and paste cardboard figures referred to much earlier, the depth in BATB is very good but the main figures are poor indeed. Makes me wonder about Finding Nemo... any comments? Thx

Posted on May 7, 2013 10:49:52 PM PDT
Eldian says:
Sanctum is another great 3d movie to get... I love 3d movies when done right, it is an awesome experience.

Posted on May 12, 2013 7:00:18 PM PDT
H. Robertson says:
I wish I could watch 3D movies, but my bad eyesight forbids me. So I stick with 2D.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  53
Total posts:  150
Initial post:  Nov 27, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions