We Can Blu It for You Wholesale

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 21, 2012 9:45:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 9:46:05 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Total Recall (Two Discs: Blu-ray + UltraViolet Digital Copy) [Blu-ray]

Who is excited for this!?! I am!
What are your most anticipated blus of 2013?

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 9:02:48 PM PST
JMM says:
I had not seen the original film (still haven't seen it) nor had I read the short story, so I came into this movie without any judgments - and I did not particularly like it.

It felt like a lot of the sci-fi elements were borrowed from Minority Report, I Robot, and others.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2012 1:59:54 AM PST
turkish says:
those movies probably borrowed a lot of ideas from the original Total recall.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2012 6:46:36 AM PST
those movies borrowed more from blade runner than total recall 1990

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 10:30:59 AM PST
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep (Blade Runner), We Can Remember It For You Wholesale (Total Recall), and The Minority Report were all written by Philip K Dick. The movies did not get their similarities from the other movies, the got their similarities from the one author who wrote them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 7:11:27 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Once again C. Barbus is the voice of reason.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 8:29:32 PM PST
A M says:
The original story "We Can Remember It For You Wholesale" is only about two pages long. The whole story is a guy who goes to get a memory implant and when he is there they are freaked out that he already has one. That's it.

The 1990 version of the film is for the most part a completely invented story and really only takes the idea of memory implants from the original Philip K. Dick Story. So to say it borrows from other movies is not out of line. However, I personally do not feel it borrows from Blade Runner. The tone of Blade Runner was very dark and it was shot like a film noir. Verhoven's Total Recall is very light and almost borders on farce. I haven't seen the remake, but I think the light tone is one aspect that they changed and it is probably closer to Blade Runner in tone than the original.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 21, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions