Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now bgg
Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Can anyone tell me why films like Rains of Ranchipur and The Last Wave get

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 17, 2012 8:35:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 8:38:05 AM PST
Cavaradossi says:
Can anyone tell me why Rains of Ranchipur and The Last Wave get
"in the store" pressed Blu-ray releases while a film like Gypsy gets an MoD BD release only? It makes no sense to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 8:54:39 AM PST
Can anyone tell me why you believe a Twilight Time limited pressing of Rains of Ranchipur and a German edition of Wave constitute "in the store" runs of these movies? I don't think you will find either "in the store" in the US. Gypsy is by far the most accessible of the 3 titles in the US, since it is sold directly from the largest online retailer. Makes no sense to me.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 9:36:55 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
But we can all agree Under the Hula Moon needs a US release, amiright??

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 10:54:51 AM PST
Cavaradossi says:
C. Barbus

Rains and Wave are Twilight Time releases? I missed that crucial piece of information. Still, why give those two films Blu-ray treatment at all?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 10:56:36 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Yeah, no kidding, especially since Under the Hula Moon never even got a DVD release.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:01:41 AM PST
Rains is Twilight Time, and as far as I can tell Wave is only a German release (not Twilight Time). So Rains is limited to 3000 production run, and Wave is actually out of print. All according to and

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:02:41 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Any news on Under the Hula Moon?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:07:56 AM PST
Which Baldwin bro was in that again? Title sounds like an Elvis flick, but unfortunately, it isn't. barely recognizes it. Less than 200 rating votes. That is not a misprint... less than TWO HUNDRED. If only 60 or 70 people even bother to give Hula an above average ratings, I don't think this one will ever be considered for bd.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:09:01 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Not the news I wanted to hear, but thanks for the info C.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Blu-ray forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions