Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Blu-Ray Price Reductions & Bargains

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2009 4:19:13 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 10, 2009 4:19:37 AM PDT
skywatcher says:
Hi All,

I received a code for filling out a survey at WBSHOP.COM. It's 30% off List, which brings most if not all items down lower than Amazon. Ebates.com offers cashback at WBShop.com. Sign up, and search for "warner bros". Click through and you get 4% extra cash back via Paypal, quarterly. Works well, particularly for higher priced sets. It said it expires 6/30.

Code is WBSURVEY7.

Enjoy!

Posted on Jun 10, 2009 10:40:16 AM PDT
Thanks Digital Babe for the Inetvideo link just ordered Doomsday for $12.99 and the 1st 2 Austin Powers for $9.99 each. I just hope it's legit, because of the ridicoulous pricing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2009 10:46:17 AM PDT
@W Powell,

Inetvideo is definitely legit, I have ordered thru them several times. They might be Canadian releases with some French writing on them, but they are the same exact discs that you would buy in the U.S. and they are Region A and will play on your blu player without any problems....

Posted on Jun 10, 2009 10:47:29 AM PDT
See The Marvel 3 pk. of both FF films plus Daredevil are part of deals of the day. Does anyone think these movies suck as much as me?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2009 10:48:57 AM PDT
Thanx for the heads up Zombie Fanatic!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2009 11:52:42 AM PDT
AnimeGod981 says:
I like all 3 movies. But FF 1 was later released in an extended version on DVD so I wont buy it untill they release the extended cut. I already got tricked into buying Punisher and not getting the extended edt. At least on spiderman 2 they included spiderman2 and Spiderman 2.1.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2009 12:10:27 PM PDT
I just went to the Inetvideo site and found several Blu-Ray discs I wanted at very reasonable prices. Here are some examples:
Kill Bill II - 14.99
Mongol - 9.99
Hairspray - 9.99

Thanks for the heads up!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2009 12:38:52 PM PDT
skywatcher says:
W. Powell-100-legit, I've ordered 100's of items from them, between HD DVD, BD, Superbits, and others, with no issues. However, please be aware that SOME Canadian BD releases CAN vary from the US releases. For details on which ones, etc, you'd need to visit the various BD forums, as we can't possible cover all of that detail here.

So depending on if they are selling the Canadian or the US version, the disc supplements may be different. For instance "Alliance", a company that distributes films in Canada, released a "bare bones" release of Sin City, while the US version was extended and included more extras. And I have heard this for other Canada releases as well. However, if your primary concern is the price/value aspect, and are more concerned with the film itself, you will be very happy with purchases from them. Enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2009 12:40:51 PM PDT
skywatcher says:
Doomsday is a good flick-especially if you like Rhona Mitra:) Ok, so I am biased, because I have a huge thing for her, but regardless, it's a good gritty, action packed flick, with decent PQ and some visually appealing sequences. The sound is a little strange on the sound mix. You may need to turn up the rear speakers, as it tends to be a bit low, and focused on the front speakers. But if you like this kind of genre, you'll enjoy it!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2009 1:04:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 10, 2009 1:06:12 PM PDT
@ Digital Babe,

Yes, you are right! I totally forgot about Alliance usually having no special features. I am not a big special features guy so I didn't even think about it. However from what I have seen, usually if it's released both here and in Canada, they have the same special features (Dark City, Primal Fear and Doomsday are the three I know of). It's usually the ones that come out in Canada first that are not or were not released here at the same time that the special features are lacking (Sin City, Blade and From Dusk Till Dawn are the three of I know of in that instance). But considering some people do care about the special features, you were spot on in bringing that up. That explains why you are the OP!! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2009 1:13:00 PM PDT
skywatcher says:
Hey Zombie,

Nah, I am the OP, because I queue Robert Palmer: "I may as well face it, I'm addicted to hi-def":) Every person subscribed that chimes in contributes awesome info-no way I could cover the globe with its plethora of BD news, coming faster and faster:P But thank you for the kudos, you're kind.

I did not know that if they come out concurrently they have the same stuff on the disc-thanks for the info:)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2009 2:31:53 PM PDT
skywatcher says:
25% Sale on at deepdiscount.com. Code LATIMES.

Remember you get free shipping and more cashback by signing up and clicking through from bing.com (formerly live.cashback.com).

Enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2009 2:33:16 PM PDT
The concurrent releases 'seem' to have the same content as each other from what I have witnessed so far. Then again, it's quite posibile that somebody has a bare bones release somewhere. So, if extras are important to you, you will probably want to double check which one and what extras it has before purchasing...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2009 3:39:36 PM PDT
AnimeGod981 says:
:::DIGITAL BABE::: says:
25% Sale on at deepdiscount.com. Code LATIMES.

Remember you get free shipping and more cashback by signing up and clicking through from bing.com (formerly live.cashback.com).

Enjoy!

Was there a time limit on this deal?
It worked- but then I went to set up a account on bing. After I set up the account I went to add more stuff before I cashed out and nothing is valid now. Not even the items I entered before I went to set up a bing account.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2009 4:14:24 PM PDT
skywatcher says:
Hi Anime and everyone,

I am sorry about this-seems they went and deactivated the code. We've heard of this happening before. Someone goofed either in posting the code initially, in another forum (although I doubt it,because it worked for me and you), or there was simply a false start. I know it's annoying when this happens-keep your eyes open for an update.

Posted on Jun 10, 2009 4:54:26 PM PDT
AnimeGod981 says:
Thanks for the update. =)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2009 5:07:18 PM PDT
Hi all...just learned about this group the other day and it's already been a tremendous find! (I was able to grab the double-coupon on Ghostbusters in the nick of time. :) My question about this website and possibly getting the Canadian BR is the image quality. I'm not so concerned with supplemental features (never have time to watch those anyway) but I'd want to makek sure I was getting the full 1080p video and ideally a True Digital 5.1 or DTS-HD soundtrack. Is that pretty consistent with their selections? Thanks!

Posted on Jun 10, 2009 7:47:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 10, 2009 8:35:02 PM PDT
AnimeGod981 says:
E. A. Carlson says:
Hi all...just learned about this group the other day and it's already been a tremendous find! (I was able to grab the double-coupon on Ghostbusters in the nick of time. :) My question about this website and possibly getting the Canadian BR is the image quality. I'm not so concerned with supplemental features (never have time to watch those anyway) but I'd want to makek sure I was getting the full 1080p video and ideally a True Digital 5.1 or DTS-HD soundtrack. Is that pretty consistent with their selections? Thanks!

Go to www.blu-ray.com and do a title search under movies. If there is an CA and a US release they have both listed. You can then view the Audio and Video specs on each titles main page. The site also has professionals who review each movie as well as other members who also get a chance to rate the movies. The sight also lets you log your collection online and post pictures of your Home Theater. Its also got a forum like this but broken down a bit more.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2009 4:23:55 AM PDT
skywatcher says:
Hi E.A. welcome to the thread! I am the OP-if you have any questions about the thread itself, or anything else, please chime in. Enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2009 4:24:07 AM PDT
skywatcher says:
Hi Anime,

You bet!

Posted on Jun 12, 2009 1:07:02 AM PDT
AnimeGod981 says:
If anyone is interested Amazon has the 3 Bond Steelbooks exclusive to amazon on sale for 22.49 each. I just got the last 2 I needed.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2009 3:15:14 AM PDT
Excuse my ignorance but what is a James Bond "steelbook"?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2009 3:29:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 12, 2009 3:30:39 AM PDT
@Russell,

A 'Steelbook' is a neat collectible steel case that certain DVDs and blu-rays come in, instead of the standard plastic case. Amazon released three exclusive James Bond blu-rays with the steel case, and usually steelbooks become collectible and hard to find (and more valuable in time). Search 'James Bond blu-ray steelbook' in Amazon and you will find the three movies they released in the steel cases. I only have two steelbooks in high def, I have the German HD DVD of Terminator 2 in a steelbook and the blu-ray U.K. import of Sweeney Todd in steelbook (I have a few standard def ones too). Anyway, I hope this info helps....

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2009 3:55:16 AM PDT
Thank you for your prompt and very helpful reply- I just ordered Goldfinger to try them out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2009 5:44:20 AM PDT
skywatcher says:
Hi Russell,

In addition to the great info Zombie provided, please see the following links for more info:

steelbook.com, bluraysteelbooks.com. Also, if you google "Iron Man Blu-Ray Steelbook", you'll stumble upon some other threads if you'd like to investigate. Enjoy!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  497
Total posts:  5670
Initial post:  Mar 27, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 31, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 187 customers

Search Customer Discussions