Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Official Petition for Amazon to Separate Blu-ray Reviews from DVD Reviews

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 291 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2011 7:16:39 PM PST
Seems like Anders is figuring out firsthand the (non)substantive qualities of the "thoughtless three", Talking Wall, Wishes He Were a Guy Polka, and Private Nelson.

Good luck, Anders, it really is like talking to a wall with these three. A big old dumb wall that types.

Posted on Feb 12, 2011 7:23:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 12, 2011 7:29:54 PM PST
Trying to fill RP's roll of intimidator eh? Just buy all the releases and watch them when your highness
gets time. In fact , you can buy all the releases over and over again. The studios love dumb consumers.
And why they get away with peddling marginal products.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2011 7:29:15 PM PST
Anders Blom says:
So let me get this straight: You complain about nonsense then offer your "truth" then refuse to back it up.

You claim that there is a "significant percentage" of blu-ray that are poor transfers, but you can only site two.

You are the one that needs to be educated in blu-ray, movies, and statistics amongst many, many other things.

There was a small, very small portion of blu-rays in the very beginning of the HD wars that were sub-par, but even as you have said those get re-released. It does NOT happen often, not even as frequent as seldom. It seems that you need to be educated in the English vocabulary too.

There are over 11 thousand titles on blu-ray, and you offer TWO movies as your "significant percentage". EPIC FAIL!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2011 7:39:03 PM PST
You must be pretty timid to begin with if you think lil' ol' me is intimidating. All I am doing is pointing out your (and your pals) history of thoughtless posting.

Posted on Feb 13, 2011 7:30:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 13, 2011 8:09:16 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2011 9:54:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 13, 2011 10:36:29 AM PST
Private Nelson (aka surpreme moron),

Nice of you to pat yourself on the back for doing absolutely nothing. 99% of the bds anyone buys have NOT seen the bd before purchase. So, the fact that I buy bds and do not watch them the moment they get brought home or delivered does not imply that I am not a smart shopper. I read reviews on everything I have bought, and also get great price points on just about everything I buy. If interest is high, then I will buy sooner. Buying volume is not mindless buying. If you describe what I do as mindless buying, then 100% of people mindless buy. Regulars here in this forum know I read bd reviews and news on a daily basis as well as closely watch prices, so everyone knows how "successful" you really are.

Example BD's I am interested in, but did not purchased yet because of reviews include Gladiator (initial release), Predator, The Final Countdown, and Army of Darkness. Truth be told, I will buy those if I find them at a good price (except original Gladiator, will be buying the remaster), because even at a small improvement, they are still an improvement over dvd quality, and I get the better BD menus and indexing functions.

Sorry to burst your bubble of patting yourself on the back. But if you check blu-ray.com there are so very few video and audio ratings two stars and below to avoid. Surely, you would even agree that even a middling 2.5 star rating is still a huge leap over dvd quality.

I just think you like to make noise about your grudges with the studios and me. Or maybe you are simply making excuses because your own financial shortcomings do not allow you to buy movies you wish to buy.

Very appropriate you lol'ed your comment about your good fight, though, because I actually lmao.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2011 11:09:28 AM PST
Dogman says:
I agree wholeheartedly separate reviews on Blu-Rays and DVDs

Posted on Feb 13, 2011 11:35:47 AM PST
Cowboy Tony says:
I agree with all the above posts, and may I add that in attempting to select a film based on the number of stars posted next to its title does not always give one a valid rating of the film's worth. For example, a buyer who is dissatisfied with his transaction will give the film ONE star and then state: "It took a long time for package to arrive;" while another individual will award the film FIVE stars and post, "I have been looking for this movie forever at my local store and am thrilled to get it for my birthday!"

Amazon needs to separate posts from buyers who rate the film based on its transfer into Blu-ray, the "extras" and whether or not they believe it is a good film,from those examples posted above. I believe some people are confused and think they are posting a comment to a seller's rating. Amazon should recognize these consumer errors and place the comment in its correct place.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2011 2:57:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 13, 2011 2:59:30 PM PST
Anders Blom says:
Norma, you are right that we can't just depend on the star rating that Amazon has for movies.

The point of this endeavor however, is to allow the customer to easily see reviews that only pertain to the edition of the movie they are interested in. Sure we will always have to deal with the complaints about packaging and seller feedback that is misplaced, but that is what the report link is for. If a review doesn't actually review the product, then it isn't allowed under Amazon's policy, and we all should report it. It easy to do, just two clicks and you are done.

I would much rather sort through reviews of specific edition Blu-ray even with irrelevant reviews than to sort through ALL the reviews of every single specific edition and release of every VHS, DVD, Video on Demand, HD-DVD, and Blu-ray still with irrelevant reviews.

If I am looking to buy a movie whether it is Blu-ray or DVD, I would much rather see only the 100 reviews for that edition than to see the 1000 reviews for all of the editions. Even if 10% of the reviews are not reviews.

Posted on Feb 14, 2011 8:51:19 AM PST
C. Powell says:
ahhh i need segregation of the blu ray and dvd reviews!!!

Posted on Feb 15, 2011 8:17:24 AM PST
Anders Blom says:
bump

Posted on Feb 15, 2011 7:04:01 PM PST
Anders Blom says:
Fascist Facebook removed my community page about this Amazon Petition.

Posted on Feb 17, 2011 10:58:01 PM PST
cobra's den says:
YES

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2011 1:27:48 PM PST
EpsilonX says:
its annoying because i'll go onto the amazon page for a blu ray and want to find out about the blu ray, but all the reviews are for the dvd version. I don't care about reviews of the dvd, i wanna know about the blu ray.

Posted on Feb 21, 2011 9:50:02 AM PST
Anders Blom says:
Just a reminder: Please vote on the first post if you agree with the proposal of this thread.

Posted on Feb 21, 2011 10:18:17 AM PST
Signed.
At least let us choose the reviews we want to see. They already know what product reviews are from, otherwise they wouldn't say "This review is from (Insert movie here)[DVD]". Simply let us filter out anything we might not want, it shouldn't be that hard.

Posted on Feb 23, 2011 10:52:29 AM PST
Anders Blom says:
Just got to keep this thread in the top eight spots so people can notice it.

Posted on Feb 26, 2011 6:08:57 PM PST
Anders Blom says:
Finally at 500 positive votes. It seems that this has reached a curve in activity as the rate of progression has tailored off quite a bit.

Posted on Feb 28, 2011 10:28:38 AM PST
B. McLain says:
I never understood why they didn't do this. Special Editions of Video Games get seperate pages why not BD and DVD? It is annoying to filter out pages of DVD reviews when I'm looking for BD features ect. Hope this goes through because I'm 100% behind you on this!

Posted on Mar 5, 2011 11:36:40 PM PST
Anders Blom says:
If we can keep this in the top eight listings of forum topics then it will get more notice and more people will readily vote on it.

Posted on Mar 6, 2011 4:42:41 AM PST
It's sometimes very confusing. I totally agree.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2011 2:23:51 PM PDT
B G says:
Yes, I agree.

Posted on Mar 24, 2011 1:20:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 24, 2011 1:28:36 PM PDT
Glen R says:
Here's the deal...If it costs extra money ( and it will because it would be labor intensive to seperate the archived stuff) they won't do it. That said they could easily and cheaply start now with new blu releases. Since it's most likely a bottom line decision the only way they would even consider it would be if there was data suggesting people were purchasing their blu ray discs elsewhere because of it.

Do what I do and go to bluray.com for your quality of disc reviews. They seem to have some sort of business relationship with amazon anyway since they link to them.

Posted on Mar 24, 2011 2:18:01 PM PDT
YES!!!

Posted on Apr 13, 2011 8:47:04 PM PDT
Bumping thread because BD quality reviews are going to be more crucial to consumers than ever. See my "buyer beware" thread for details.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Blu-ray forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  99
Total posts:  291
Initial post:  Jan 5, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions