Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

LG 2D-3D coversion how well does it work?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Posted on Sep 2, 2014 3:29:31 PM PDT
Mr. Biggs says:
It's awesome! The 2D-to-3D conversion adds depth and a feeling of immersion, a really cool feature. I have a lot of fun using it with different movies, shows, and videos games to see how much it changes it. The added 3D effects are much more noticeable in some forms of entertainment over others. Of course, keep in mind that while the 2D to 3D is really neat, it's nothing compared to full-blown 3D Stereoscopic material.

Posted on Aug 19, 2014 1:20:24 PM PDT
Is this product compatible with LG 42LB5610 tv.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:30:24 AM PST
Roy Zander says:
I've got a 47" LG and a 70" Elite. Both will up-convert 2d to 3d. What I know in my experience is movies shot in native 3d look best, professionally up-converted movies are a close 2nd (with some of them not so great), and in-your-TV up-conversion, 3rd.
3d Blu-rays have a lot of out-of-the-screen effects, while in-the-TV up-conversion is like looking through a window at some fairly accurate and involving 3d. A larger TV really helps. The depth is adjustable and can look great! You'll like it.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 8:07:01 AM PST
SammySosa21 says:
That was R. Perot you numbskull...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 10:57:55 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 10:44:47 AM PST
R. Pelot says:
I can't see much difference between 2D and 3D using the conversion on my LG TV. Don't plan on using it.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 4:54:50 PM PDT
I only plan on using this feature on Blu-Ray movies and my HD cable is all, and that's what i love so much about today's 3D. I don't expect a bunch of things to keep getting thrown in my face i just want the immersion of feeling as if I'm there is all.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 9:30:31 AM PDT
JMB says:
It is ok. Obviously movies on 3D blu ray look great, but using the up-conversion isn't half bad. I don't want to make it sound worse than it is. You have to remember that the tv doesn't know what is really supposed to be in the front and what is in the background. It's really just guessing. I think by lighting, but I'm not really sure.

I watched Paranormal Activity 3 and used the up-conversion. It looked good however in the kids bedroom, there was a fish tank, the TV had made that look like it was supposed to be in the front, not in the background. It was pretty amusing actually.

But I've also seen things like the Thanksgiving day parade and the Britney Spears concert and both of those were up-converted and they looked very good. I was very impressed. I even tried it on my copy of the original Transformers animated movie (1980's) on blu ray and that looked AMAZING!!! But remember 3D blu ray will always look better than up-converted material. Or 3D TV if you have direct TV.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 9:27:11 AM PDT
Derdnik says:
I have an LG 47" passive set. The 2D - 3D conversion works well enough. I found it very good during high action sequences in Iron Man 2. It works well with sports broadcasts. There is no off the screen effect. I dont use it as much as I thought I would but it does a reasonable job as long as your expectations are reasonable.

Initial post: Apr 26, 2012 5:25:30 AM PDT
About to get an LG 3D tv in june, and would like to know how good this feature is. i have a lot of movies i really want to try with this feature.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Blu-ray forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Apr 26, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 2, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions