Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Blu-ray Sucks! Amazon keeps pushing a format that I hate and will never buy.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 469 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 9:54:23 AM PST
netman says:
What kind of player do you have? Is it new or used? Have you had it checked out?

I have over 500 Blu Rays and I've never had an issue with any of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 9:58:00 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 10:04:03 AM PST
netman says:
What make and model player? What are the two movies that don't play? Did you look at the disks and see if there are fingerprints or scratches? Did you buy them new directly from Amazon or from an Amazon store owned by a third party? There is a difference.

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 10:20:41 AM PST
netman says:
If you don't give me detailed information, I can't help you. I see that you have two possible issues because it is unlikely that two legitimate Blu Ray movies would not play. Therefore...

1) Your source of the Blu Ray movies is questionable. Make sure that you buy them directly from Amazon and not a third party store. On the movie page it should say, "Shipped directly from Amazon" and not "Shipped by X company and fulfilled by Amazon."

2) Your player is bad. Since it is new, I would return it for replacement.

Enjoy Blu Ray technology, it is simply awesome in my opinion!

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 10:54:54 AM PST
3) Possible Troll.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 4:41:59 PM PST
Dylan Li says:
LOL TROLL

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2012 3:37:42 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
>>>I just tried to watch 2 Blue Ray moves and both failed near the end of the movie. I could not watch the complete movie. Blue Ray suck.<<<

sounds more like you need to get your blu-ray player fixed or the blu-ray movies were dirty or scratched on the surface of the blu-ray disc. It helps to be a responsible person to take good care of their things.

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 4:00:02 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2012 2:34:25 AM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
did you try watching any different movies other than the ones you got? could be just the movies if it played through till nearing the end of it, it don't make any sense that the movies would just turn off at the somewhat end insted of in the middle or earlier or not play the movies at all if the machine was defective in any way, you should call the store where you got it from and ask them about it or call the company that makes it for info, if it's only 2 days old it should still be under warranty. i've had my PS3 for more than 3 years now and the blu-ray player on it still works flawlessly.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2012 4:54:17 AM PST
bfore13 says:
I've had multiple Blu ray players for 4+ years and been on this forum much of that time. It sucks that you're having problems but your experience is far from the norm. I'm guessing that there's something wrong with your player and I'd take it / send it back immediately.

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 8:58:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 8, 2012 9:01:45 AM PST
EdM says:
Check below [or with the manufacturer of your player] to see if a firmware update is needed. Sometimes new BD movies have an updated firmware required, but some manufacturers are not prompt in providing an update. Also, some companies have a worse reputation for this than others.

http://www.blu-ray.com/firmware/
or
http://www.blu-raydisc.com/en/Technical/Updates/English.aspx

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2012 9:01:58 AM PST
Yes, updated firmware twice. Played none blue ray disks without a problem. I will try plaing a different blue ray today see how it plays

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 1:06:23 AM PDT
Blu ray disc's for me are not bad, but when you load a blu ray disc in a 400 disc Blu ray changer, it loads the information wrong and it's a pain to fix the screw-up someone did for online disc information. Like when i load an anime like fairy tail disc one and disc two from the part one, it comes up as code geass. Heck, even Dragonball Z Kai is the same way. If the company's making blu ray's with players that go online for disc information, they really need to get there information right.

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 1:35:20 AM PDT
Georgedc says:
Blu ray or DIE!!!!!

❤BLU RAY❤

1080P BABY!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 1:18:39 PM PDT
Doog37 says:
Why don't you buy E.T. on Beta-Max and you'll feel better.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 6:46:21 PM PDT
Jersey Girl says:
I love Blu but I recently have had a problem with two discs. The Help and Get Him To The Greek. I bought both used on Amazon from third party sellers....they both played the first time I watched them but now they will only show the previews and then don't load the movie. My player has the newest firmware and this hasn't happened to me with any of my other movies. I am expecting a copy of Get Him To The Greek from Netflix to see if it is the movie itself or the disc..which looks fine to me btw. I guess I will soon find out. In your opinion..can you buy a bad disc from someone? The both look like original discs and came with original cases and slipcovers.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2012 12:42:18 AM PDT
H. Robertson says:
Try cleaning them. Blu rays are far more sturdy than DVD's and can take a lot more abuse. But I have ran into your problem and found out it was the beginning of my blu ray player dying. Try them in a friends blu ray before you buy another copy.

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 6:32:36 AM PDT
Jersey Girl says:
I hope it isn't the beginning of the end for my player..and trust me..I cleaned them. I guess I will have to wait and see.

Posted on May 13, 2012 6:08:34 AM PDT
G. Isenor says:
I am dissatisfied with Samsung Blu-ray disk player BD-C5500 because it does a poor job of playing blu-ray disks. any video attempted to view on blu-ray will have the audio drop out while picture gets stuck and stutters. the blu-ray disks I have used were new and clean. the machine plays regular dvds well, but can not play blu-ray

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 7:34:13 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 13, 2012 7:43:40 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 11:31:37 AM PDT
James G says:
Get an OPPO blu-ray player. I have had one since 02/11 and it has played everything I have thrown at it. It costs more, but it's worth it. Does an amazing job with CD's and SACD's as well as upscaling your old DVD's.

Posted on May 13, 2012 1:13:23 PM PDT
netman says:
I had an Oppo and switched to a PS3, better picture and upscaling, more options, and it plays games, a nice bonus.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 3:29:31 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
I agree, i've had my PS3 for 3 years now and it still plays blu-ray movies flawlessly.

Posted on May 13, 2012 4:20:00 PM PDT
John Painer says:

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 5:49:29 PM PDT
netman says:
Hi John, I agree that does suck. I have movies (and CDs) that I've bought 3 or 4 times. First on VHS, then on DVD, and now on Blu Ray. At least I never owned a Laser Disc player. The good news is that the Blu Ray is substantially upgraded. You get a much better picture and sound, and usually more extras. Often it is like watching the movie again for the first time. Many Blu Rays that have been out for a while are $8 or less so the prices for all will eventually come down. Personally I never pay more than $20 with my sweet spot being in the $12-15 range. Just put all your "Wants" in your Amazon shopping cart and check it periodically. Any price differences are summarized. Just wait for the sales. I have almost replaced my entire DVD collection (about 500) using this technique. As an added bonus, Blu Rays take up less shelf space :-)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Blu-ray forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  171
Total posts:  469
Initial post:  Jun 22, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions