Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Cecile McLorin Salvant UP3 $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Gear Up for Football Baby Sale
Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Judge Dredd 3D Blue Ray

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 33 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 1, 2013 5:16:11 PM PST
I have bought 4 copies of the new movie Judge Dredd and not a one will play on my PS3 or Sony Blue Ray player. I have all my updates but no idea what is going on, anyone else out there having this issue or a suggestion?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013 5:30:39 PM PST
Elder Dave says:
I just got a copy of it as well, R. Matt Ehrig, and it's like looking through water--gave me a headache. This is the only 3DBD I've ever had (I own 57) that has ever been defective. It sometimes puts a green line across the screen with no picture or sound or, if it plays, looks like there is a parallax problem. Don't know how they could release it this way. I've tried it on my Samsung 3D player and on my Oppo. If the Oppo can't make it play right, it's defective!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2013 9:05:07 AM PST
My 3D copy of Judge Dredd works and looks perfectly well . Apparently a bad batch got out ..I hope those who got bad copies bought from "reliable" companies .

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 4:19:57 PM PST
Thank you for the feedback, glad it's not just me.

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 6:10:14 PM PST
C. D. Arnell says:
I have no problems with my 3d copy of Judge Dredd

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 6:34:40 PM PST
Elder Dave says:
As Jerry Goldwater surmises, I'm guessing Mr. Ehrig and I--and, as it turns out, one of my friends--have gotten some of a bad batch. I guess I'll reorder and hope for the best.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2013 3:02:05 AM PST
Kerry.b says:
same here,no problems with my BD copy of Dredd on 3D.works great and not bad 3D effects as well...
sounds like you got a defective copy..but why buy 4 copies??? R.Matt Ehrig????

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2013 3:10:10 AM PST
Kerry.b says:
my i ask R.Matt Ehrig,if you come from another country and you bought the movie from amazon.com the movie is only region A locked..it will not play on your blu ray player or ps3 if both are region B..you can buy the movie from amazon.co.uk,cos it is region B..i'm only guessing if you are from another country..i guess i'm wrong..
i hope my infomation has helped you in any way..

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2013 4:36:26 AM PST
I wish it was a region issue, born and raised here and living in the Midwest. I bought my copy at BB and while they have been very good about it, 4 in a row.

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 12:58:36 PM PST
G. Fletcher says:
I've just tried to watch the Blu Ray Judge Dredd and the picture is fine but after 15 mins the audio keeps dropping in and out, anyone else got this?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2013 1:11:05 PM PST
Bourne1886 says:
Hi,just to let you know that BB had a bad batch of Dredd films. I got this info from Blu-ray.com. Quite a few people on the Dredd forum have had problems with it including the green line being displayed.

Might be best to get it else where.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2013 2:48:56 PM PST
M. lupo says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2013 5:10:27 PM PST
Bourne1886 says:
No,you do!lol!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2013 11:02:35 PM PST
Kerry.b says:
i suggest buying it from amazon.com..it was $19.99 last week..plus free shipping as well..

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2013 2:52:00 PM PST
Yes I had this problem as well. I am trying an exchange with Amazon

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2013 9:53:26 PM PST
Ariex says:
Got mine from Amazon and it had the "green line" problem, didn't play at all. Of course Amazon will give a full refund.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2013 10:23:16 PM PST
Kerry.b says:
OMG what is going on here..first it was Total recall 2012 and that was faulty now Dredd 3D..looks like LionsGate Home entertainment is cashing in on selling defective blu ray's...what's next,skyfall????

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2013 10:27:41 PM PST
Kerry.b says:
lucky for me i got a good copy from amazon...3D effects looks great though....movie was good too..i didn't see it at the movie theatre when it was released in november..the movie didn't last long..it failed at the box office..
good luck on getting a good copy from amazon...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013 4:46:03 PM PST
Bourne1886 says:
It's such a shame that there are all these reports of defective copies. It's a great film that didn't get a fair shake at the box office and now this. I thought that BB just had a dodgy batch, lets hope Amazon doesn't have too much of a problem.

Luckily I got a good copy too and as you say it has great 3D and is a great movie.

I really want a sequel but I'm not sure if we will get one even though its sold over 650,000 copies in the US. You never know!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013 6:04:47 PM PST
I bought my blu-ray copy of Judge Dredd at Best Buy also and my copy will not play on my PS3 either. I thought it was just my PS3 needing an update but nope. I haven't tried playing it on another blu-ray player yet. I ended up watching the iTunes Digital Copy that was included. It's too late for me to exchange too (I tend to procrastinate.)

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 5:15:29 PM PST
I bought my Dredd Blu-Ray from Wal-Mart after doing some research and it plays perfectly on my PS3. It sounds to me like Best Buy got a ton of bad discs, everyone reported discs not loading on the Best Buy's product feedback.

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 6:22:06 PM PST
Thomas Patt says:
Do you see images on the screen is it the 3d you are not seeing?

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 5:32:57 PM PST
Josh B. says:
According to Best Buy's latest on their Unboxed Forum they now are stating that there are "a number of defective discs" and they are asking customers to contact Lionsgate themselves directly to solve the issue.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Music-Movies/Problem-with-Dredd-Blu-ray/td-p/650991/page/2 (post 13)

As you guys have stated here Best Buy is not the only retailer that currently has defective discs. There have been defective discs purchased from Amazon, Walmart, and Target that I know of for sure. The good news is I have confirmed from someone who contacted Lionsgate about the problem was shipped a working version straight to their house from Lionsgate. So, if you guys can't find a disc anywhere that works just contact them and they should make everything right.

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 7:55:08 AM PST
jacob says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2013 8:26:47 AM PST
Ariex says:
The faulty discs just don't play at all. I've had two from Amazon and both loaded on my Oppo BR player, and went to black screen with a green horizontal line (thin) and then locked up both the player and the JVC projector. Had to unplug both and wait 30 sec.s to reboot in order to get them to work properly. At least Amazon has a good return policy.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  33
Initial post:  Feb 1, 2013
Latest post:  Jun 7, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions