Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Bond Blu Ray Prices Are Horrible

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 12, 2013 9:34:58 AM PST
I AM A.M. says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 10:52:12 AM PST
How would you be SOL if Best Buy is still selling them at $7.99? Buy them at Best Buy. They have online sales, too.

I got very lucky last month, I got home too late to get Best Buy's deal of the day (Camelot BD), but Amazon still had its price match active, so I was able to pick it up at the sale price. Point is, the "price matching" is not always synchronous.

If you do not like the Amazon price, there is a link on EVERY product page to report a lower price from somewhere else. So before you complain to us, did you try telling Amazon? I bet you didn't.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 3:59:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 12, 2013 4:11:43 PM PST
geno de says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 7:40:40 PM PST
JMM says:
@ I AM A.M.
As C. Barbus stated, why not buy the Bond blu-rays at Best Buy online? They offer free shipping on movies.

@ geno de
I think you are incorrect - Best Buy has been very competitive on blu-ray pricing lately. Most of the time Amazon's blu-ray prices are a response to a sale somewhere else, and that place is often Best Buy. What do you think would happen to Amazon's prices without competition from Best Buy?

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 7:42:58 AM PST
I AM A.M. says:
I did buy them from Bestbuy.com for $7.99 a piece with free shipping. I just wanted to buy them here because I already had gift card balance on Amazon.

I think I will be giving bestbuy more business because the whole no sales tax on amazon i pointless now in Penn. I always get free shipping im a rewards zone silver member.

p.s. C B I have used the report lower price feature it never works for me I think they have to get maybe 100 or more people to report b4 they take notice.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2013 8:28:08 AM PST
EdM says:
"I have used the report lower price feature it never works for me"

I have also, and sometimes it works. You are right; Amazon can't afford to match every lowest price all the time. The business is very competitive, and it is a business. Amazon needs to actually make a bit of profit, as a business. Wait until there is NO competition, if you are complaining now. It's easy to do an internet search on Google or other search engine, using the search term "amazon profitability", where you will find articles such as:

http://techcrunch.com/2013/01/29/wtf-amazon-barely-ekes-out-profit-on-21b-in-sales-hits-negative-pe-misses-estimates-guidance-yet-stock-jumps-10/

"WTF: Amazon Barely Ekes Out Profit On $21B In Sales, Hits Negative P/E ..."

"Sure, Amazon management looks brilliant because it goes against the grain and is willing to grind profits down to next to nothing for a long period of time to invest in growth areas and innovate. That's great, but that can't last forever."

If you look to 2012 Amazon profits, for some quarters there were none. Why do you think that Circuit City and Borders [bookstore] here in the USA are gone? There's a chance that the improving economy will boost Amazon's sales and profits.

Consider that some sales are "loss leaders" and some pricing is able to be quite low due to the huge amount of volume yielding lower unit costs for those blockbuster movies and TV series [Game of Thrones: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy) - price just reduced], it seems that your position is not rational.

If/when pricing gets too low, and finally enough business go broke, just imagine how high movies (and other merchandise) will be, then. Scary.

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 7:01:38 PM PST
I AM A.M. says:
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Feb 12, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions