Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Neil Young Archives

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 6, 2013 6:56:45 PM PST
If you buy the blu-ray version of Neil Young Archives you are supposed to be able to download new files to a bd live player. I have a Sony bdp-s390 player that can connect to the internet with a wired or wireless connection any time but when I load one of his discs it says their is not an internet connection. Is anybody else having this same problem?

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 9:09:51 PM PST
Stuart Sands says:
I am having the same problem with the Sony BDP-S790. I have gotten the downloads to work on my PC without a problem, but not on this new blu-ray player. Hoping someone has an answer.

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 9:21:59 AM PST
Stuart Sands says:
Roy R Ricks,
I have confirmed that there is a server problem with the Neil Young Archives Vol I BD-Live content. They have told me they are working on it and will let me know as soon as it is fixed. Hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 8:16:42 AM PST
Stuart,
Thanks a lot for your footwork. Hopefully this problem will get taken care of soon.

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 8:22:11 PM PST
Jon J B-ray says:
John J I had the same problem With the downloads of Neil young archives .how did you get the info on the server problem .I contacted them with a Email never Emailed me back .And the customer service line allways busy. Please let me know how you got the info thank you John J.

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 12:32:55 PM PST
Hi there!
I am having the same problem with my Samsung. It worked fine, but it's been some weeks since NY Archives Bd-live doesn't work at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2013 10:44:16 PM PST
Stuart Sands says:
I did hear back today that they are still working on it, but received no details, which is frustrating. I'm not gonna post how I got the contact as I don't want to spam the guy. No estimate was given on when this would be done. Wish I had more to share.

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 5:57:00 PM PST
Jon J B-ray says:
Jon J B-Ray Would be nice if they put something up on Neils website about this problem .Or the Warner Brother Reprise site.Its been about a month with this download problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 6:14:07 PM PST
Stuart Sands says:
It is kind of unacceptable. Maybe complaining to Warners/Reprise is a good idea.

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 6:30:15 PM PST
Jon J B-ray says:
jon J B-Ray Wednesday Feb 6TH B-ray Live working lets hope it stays up and running!!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2013 2:38:02 PM PST
Stuart Sands says:
Thanks for the note! Mine's working too now. Never heard back from my contact...was about to write again when I saw your note.

Finally!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2013 7:15:02 PM PST
Also thanks! I have been able to download except for the Mynah Bird sessions when I open the file I get a strange multi colored screen that will not play. No end to the bugs.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2013 8:26:06 PM PST
Stuart Sands says:
Which song is that? I'll try to check tonight.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2013 9:16:31 PM PST
The two songs from that download are It's My Time & Go On And Cry.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2013 8:39:29 AM PST
Stuart Sands says:
Yep, me too. I found that if I cursored around, I could find the play and back indicators and then actually play the songs, and the image would show up fine. It's just that initial image (whatever it is) that is scrambled. Same thing happened on "Down by the River" (I think), I'll have to check again. I'll also check on my PC where I downloaded that stuff years ago. I'll send another email and see if I can get any attention. Might have been a corrupted file from when their server went down.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2013 11:11:50 AM PST
I will try the cursored around approach. Thanks again for your effort.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2013 8:11:38 PM PST
Stuart,
The cursored around method worked on the Mynah Birds but on the Shakey Pictures fanfare I get the same strange screen after you hit the forward arrow on the bottom right of the screen. Are you having the same problem with that file?

Roy

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2013 10:01:50 AM PST
Stuart Sands says:
I'll check it out tonight. I wasn't able to check the downloads on my computer, because, apparently, downloads are stored in different places by different players, and I am now using a different software program to play blu-rays on my pc. So, it wants to re-download everything all over again. Bummer. I'll let you know.

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 2:07:57 PM PST
Stuart Sands says:
The contact sent out an email to test the downloads and report back to him. I've done that and reported the file corruption. Said he's "on the road" but the tech team had worked on it. I'm going to delete those downloads and try again and see if they come back uncorrupted. Fingers crossed.

Stu

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2013 5:26:39 PM PST
I never thought about deleting the downloads and trying again. That sounds like a good idea.

Posted on Mar 27, 2013 7:26:27 PM PDT
It's 3-27-13 and the downloads are not working. I haven't been able to download anything at all since I've started months ago. I have a Panasonic Blu-ray with a wi-fi adapter and a Belkin router. I'm able to stream everything else but these damn Archive downloads. Any advice???????

Posted on Jun 8, 2013 1:28:13 PM PDT
Evan Gold says:
Did deleting the downloads and then downloading a copy again get rid of the scrambled picture. I am having the same problem.

Posted on Jun 26, 2013 5:26:20 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 8, 2013 5:18:34 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2013 2:06:56 PM PDT
Techie says:
This is the Blu-ray forum and the Archives are on Blu-ray. Who made you the forum police?

Posted on Jun 27, 2013 12:03:52 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 8, 2013 5:18:56 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Blu-ray forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  Jan 6, 2013
Latest post:  Jun 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions