Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Amazon Gift Card Offer blacklist blacklist blacklist  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Learn more
Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Blu-Ray Price Reductions & Bargains

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 251-275 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2009 9:55:05 AM PDT
skywatcher says:
Hi All,

I am the OP of this thread and a dual format owner for several years. For the remaining fellow HD DVD collectors, who may have found their way into my thread, I'd like to share an exciting special opportunity that is manifesting itself in our 2600+ member movie collector group, where I am also a moderator. It pertains to a limited HD DVD run of a movie previously unreleased.If you're interested-see below. Otherwise, have a great day, and thanks for posting your "finds" in the BD price reduction thread.

"Hi All,

I am the OP of this thread have had posted in a while. Here is some info you like to have.

I am part of a 2600+ member group, where I am a mod, as well.

A brand-new release on the HD DVD format in the fall of 2009
may be happening from a smaller company. If you're interested in learning more, join us at
The director of this film has been extremely gracious and
active in this fascinating thread... It's amazing how little
we [as film collectors] know about the nuts and bolts/process
of getting a film ready for release on any home-video format.
Ever wondered what goes on between the filmmaker,
video publisher and replicator that results in whether
a disc receives DolbyDigital+ or TrueHD? What goes on
in the director's head when trying to decide what do do
about film grain... How close to a release the commentaries,
interviews and special features get done... What the budget
of an indi-horror film might be... The cost of replication...
The filmmaker, publisher and replicator's attitude about
the HD DVD format? No exaggeration... It's a wonderful
thread, and any DVD, Blu-ray and especially HD DVD fan
really should check it out.

The filmmaker has announced a competition that will allow
an HD DVD fan to actually produce this disc's artwork!

More? The list owner is also running a contest to
win a free copy of this very special, limited and numbered
edition HD DVD.

If you have any questions, feel free to come over and ask.

All the best!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2009 11:48:11 AM PDT
Mei Mei says:
Don't have any movie deals, BUT! I found a contest where you can enter to win a free Oppo BDP-83 Blu-Ray Player here:

Pretty sweet, since it's supposedly a top of the line Bluray player.

Posted on Sep 1, 2009 7:08:02 AM PDT
Horror Blu-Rays on sale, including pre-orders. These are the ones I've seen so far. Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Original ($11.99), Remake ($15.49), and Freddy vs. Jason $11.49.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2009 8:46:40 AM PDT
Thanks for the heads-up PunisherWarZone. I went ahead and pre-ordered the Freddy vs. Jason blu. Also, in case anyone is interested, they have Requiem for a Dream at $12.49 on blu-ray. I pre-ordered that one as well. Unfortunately, Crank 2 is $24.99....

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2009 11:30:01 AM PDT
AnimeGod981 says:
Thanks Punisher and Zombie... Hope the prices are still good thurs when i get paid!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2009 12:15:16 PM PDT

Go ahead and pre-order the Sept 8th releases now. They won't ship before Thursday and you will get the price they are at now guaranteed. I won't have the money either until the weekend but I pre-ordered them to lock in those prices...

Posted on Sep 2, 2009 2:10:02 AM PDT
Hey everyone, here's a link to some catalog blu-ray titles on Amazon, which most are $9.99. Hope this helps someone...

Posted on Sep 6, 2009 12:18:09 AM PDT
Sale @ Best Buy $9.99: Texas Chainsaw Massacre Remake, Otis, Mongol, Sublime, and a few others.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2009 5:34:21 AM PDT
AnimeGod981 says:
When you say Texas Chainsaw Massacre Remake do you mean the 2003 one with Jessica Biel? I thought that one didnt come out untill 9/29? Do you have a link to this ad by any chance I couldnt find it in the current best buy ad on line.

Thank you

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2009 8:48:18 AM PDT

I was thinking the exact same thing. I couldn't find it either and thought it wasn't out yet. If you get these posts Punisher, please help us... Thanks....

Posted on Sep 6, 2009 9:27:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 6, 2009 9:29:58 AM PDT
It's under Blu-Ray savings.

Posted on Sep 6, 2009 3:55:01 PM PDT
AnimeGod981 says:
IDk if this will interest anyone but.... Best buy is doing a specila right now for Snow White. If you pre order it now- october 5th you can get a free steelbook dvd/blu case to store the dvd/blu in. You put a down payment of 7.50 + tax and when snow white comes out on October 6th bring the dvd/blu to customer service with your recipt for the down payment and you will get your inital payment reduced off the price and get to keep the steelbook case for free. Cool thing is you get the case the day you reserve the dvd or blu.

Posted on Sep 7, 2009 1:01:32 PM PDT
Thanks for letting us know...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2009 8:07:05 AM PDT
skywatcher says:
Hi All,

A large selection of SD Drama movies is now on sale for $3 each at They also have numerous BD deals right now. Enjoy!

Posted on Sep 14, 2009 10:46:52 AM PDT
B1G1F @ Best Buy: The International, Paul Blart: Mall Cop, Pineapple Express, Hancock, and a couple others. Also, For $12.99: Cast Away, Entrapment, Edward Scissorhands, Speed, Usual Suspects, and others. Okay Amazon! Let the price matching begin!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2009 11:17:50 AM PDT
skywatcher says:
Hi Punisher-can you share whether it's "in-store" only, or also online?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2009 11:21:03 AM PDT
skywatcher says:
Creepshow BD $12.99 at Amazon: Creepshow [Blu-ray]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2009 11:35:50 AM PDT
It seems to be both. They usually specify online only.

Posted on Sep 14, 2009 11:41:39 AM PDT
Here's a link to more $12.99 BDs' (not the same ones I posted earlier):

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2009 11:54:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 14, 2009 11:55:04 AM PDT
skywatcher says:
Punisher-great-thanks for sharing more info for those interested! Do you have a link for the BOGO, too?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2009 12:03:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 14, 2009 12:04:27 PM PDT

Alternate $12.99 titles:[promotion%2C+synonymns]&_D%3Ap=+&pu=defaultusr&_D%3Apu=+&pt=1252818001&iht=n&_DARGS=%2Fsite%2Fen_US%2Fsearch%2Ffragments%2Fincludes%2Folssearchparameters.jsp.frmSearchResults

Posted on Sep 14, 2009 1:11:37 PM PDT
AnimeGod981 says:
for those of you interested in limited editions or exclusive releases... Best Buy will be releasing wolverine on Blu Ray tomorrow with a best buy exclusive gift set that comes with a woverine bust... $42.99 I think was the price. I know I cant wait to add it to my collection =D

Posted on Sep 14, 2009 6:24:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 14, 2009 6:26:04 PM PDT
A Customer says:
Goodbye amazon!..MY local Best Buys will now get all my orders as 'they price match (anybody and amazon) for a month'. amazone is over for me...they would not refund 2 stinking dollars on creepshow on an order I just received. I know their policies but they used to cut me slack. Today they played it cheap and with prices dropping so often these days; BB will get my 1K of orders a month. Eveytime I go into the store I've got 10 to 20 bucks back on previous orders. Until amazon brings back 'their own' price matching.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2009 7:00:04 PM PDT
I understand your frustration. Most stores price match within 30 days of purchase. I didn't know BB price matched internet offers. I use BB a lot, because I'm a Premier Silver Member and they have great deals as I posted earlier. I order from Amazon because of the no tax. I live in Chicago which has the Highest sales tax in the country (currently 10.25% at 10.75% by January '10).

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2009 9:33:54 PM PDT
A Customer says:
PunisherWarZone, thanks. L.A. is at 9.75 (and closing in on over 10%) I'm also a Premier Silver Member so BB will price match us for 45 days. Usually they only do websites backed by B&M stores but two nearby BBs match Amazon and that includes getting a refund when the price goes down. (as often as you want) (try using the walmart website prices, which are .12 cents lower than amazon, as soon as they notice amazon's price)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Blu-ray forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  497
Total posts:  5670
Initial post:  Mar 27, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 31, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 187 customers

Search Customer Discussions