Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Official Petition for Amazon to Separate Blu-ray Reviews from DVD Reviews

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 291 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2011 2:32:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 6, 2011 2:34:10 PM PST
A/V guru says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2011 2:34:29 PM PST
YES!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2011 2:37:58 PM PST
Brad says:
Definitely.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2011 2:39:09 PM PST
Not the Guru,

When you talk about the description you should say description. When you talk about the reviews, you should say reviews, not description. When you talk about preprocessing, you should say preprocessing, not buffering. You are totally incoherent. Make sure you keep your bicycle helmet strapped on tight if you are going down the stairs.

Posted on Jan 6, 2011 2:50:15 PM PST
Alex Graham says:
Yes

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2011 2:50:49 PM PST
A/V guru says:
In Amazon, the product description contains the reviews.

I've seen popcorn poppers where all the different colors are lumped together, but where certain colors had different modes, that you wouldn't know about unless you looked on the manufacturers website.

There is one popcorn popper(if I can remember which it is) that the "shiny ones" also include a take off butter tray. There is a price difference between the popcorn poppers (from $20-35), but no-where in the description does it say "oh by the way, the more expensive ones have a butter tray". The sad part. If you do manage to find the correct model numbers, and search independently, you still find all the reviews from every other one...lumped together.

So, it isn't just movies and music.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2011 3:00:41 PM PST
Not a Guru,

What the freakin heck are you talking about? Open any product page on Amazon and there is a completely delineated section titled "Customer Reviews" a few sections above that (above the Editorial Reviews if there are any) is the"Product Details" and another section for "Product Description" if the manufacturer supplied a product description. All distinct, different sections of the product page. You are a serious mental midget that couldn't see the wall in front of him. Some Customers pad their reviews with Product descriptions that they copy and paste or write themselves, but they are customer supplied and officially a Customer Review. There are no reviews EVER in the product description. There may possibly be product descriptions in the Customer reviews, tho, if that is the kind of review that person wants to write.

Dang are you stupid.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2011 3:10:53 PM PST
Darr Darr says:
C. Barbus says:
> So, if I go to the Whirlpool website, it will tell me to
> buy the Kenmore model if it is a better product?

Well, actually, Whirlpool used to make most Kenmore-branded appliances and just put Sears' store brand control faces on them.
I'm not sure if they still do because I haven't bought anything from Sears for 8 or 9 years now.

I agree that all the reviews for the same title should not be mixed all together.
They should be for the actual item listed. i.e. A review for the VHS full-screen release should absolutely NOT be mixed in with the widescreen theatrical DVD release and neither should be used for a BD widescreen director's cut release. et al, et cetera, ad nauseam.

But neither should the reviews have to substitute for an accurate (nor completely missing) description of the item. Having only the title, with no original release date or any kind of description on pre-release BDs is inexcusable, in my honest opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2011 3:16:47 PM PST
So, if you see a pre-order Amazon page for The Rain Man blu-ray without a product description, you can't figure out what it is? Again, very stupid, dude.

Posted on Jan 6, 2011 3:23:59 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 1, 2011 1:42:21 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 7, 2011 4:06:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2011 4:09:38 AM PST
Anders Blom says:
Ok, this is getting out of hand.

Please stay on the TOPIC (which means A/V Guru should stop altogether, seriously dude, your posts are not helpful and are always irrelevant).

This thread was supposed to be for movies and movies alone. Sure, Amazon's review system and product description (separate) are flawed, but personally I don't care about appliances or vacuum cleaners (there's consumer affairs reports for that type of stuff).

This is a thread in the Blu-ray community forum. This is a subject about blu-ray products for blu-ray enthusiast.

For the posters that only type "YES" or something positive or equivalent; I say: Thank You, that is exactly what WE are trying for, a clear concise message to Amazon's management. Amazon is a company that thrives BECAUSE of its customers, they NEED to care about OUR input, and they NEED to accommodate US.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2011 6:55:43 AM PST

Posted on Jan 7, 2011 7:47:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2011 7:48:43 AM PST
Anders Blom says:
Rick, you might have missed this from an earlier post: I have already contacted Amazon multiple times in the past.

The best course of action is not a single phone call from a single customer.

The best course of action is a message in any form possible from MULTIPLE customers.

This is a Petition.

Amazon needs to know that there is a wide consumer base that has this demand. Amazon is not likely to change their ways from the advice of a single customer, or even a few customers spread over the course of years (that type of message is easily lost in translation).

There are (as of this date) 27,385 Amazon customers that participate in the Blu-ray community. That's 27,385 customers that specifically care enough about this cinematic medium to congregate on Amazon's website for input and discussion about Blu-ray.

So far there are 21 out of 22 people that agree with this premise, and that is just over the past two days.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2011 7:52:10 AM PST
I don't know if you counted me as that no, but count me as capitilized YES this needs to be fixed. It is capitalized YES because EVERYTHING about customer reviews needs revamped. This is just one of the many problems that needs addressed. Customer Reviews as they are now are about 90-95% worthless. One thing fixed would be a baby step.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2011 8:20:50 AM PST

Posted on Jan 7, 2011 8:46:54 AM PST
Cavaradossi says:
Yes! Yes! Yes! This change is SO needed!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2011 8:59:38 AM PST
yes

Posted on Jan 7, 2011 9:23:35 AM PST
A/V guru says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2011 9:28:52 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on May 19, 2011 10:46:03 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2011 9:38:43 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 1, 2011 1:42:22 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2011 9:40:39 AM PST
A/V guru says:

Posted on Jan 7, 2011 9:42:06 AM PST
This petition is nothing new. I think the problem here you guys don't see is that since none of the current reviews are attached to particular versions of a movie, it will be a sorting nightmare to make sure all existing reviews go to the right place.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2011 9:44:02 AM PST
Guru,

What is the difference between a customer review and a product review? Does that mean we can review you? I give you a customer review of 0 stars.

Seriously. There are two kind of reviews sections on amazon pages, customer reviews and editorial reviews. Both are about the product. No one can tell what you are talking about because you do not know what you are talking about.

GET A CLUE.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2011 9:46:19 AM PST
A/V guru says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2011 9:47:09 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 1, 2011 1:42:22 PM PST]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  99
Total posts:  291
Initial post:  Jan 5, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions