Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Warner Bros Sucks!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 179 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2013 7:28:41 AM PST
The Kurtster says:
Joseph, that's awesome. Please post information about it on Facebok.com/stopultravioletstreaming when you have any information.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2013 7:40:41 AM PST
You're right. And don't forget that all those who are streaming movies, TV shows and music are getting highly compressed files so they are, as a result, not getting the full video resolution or the audio separation that comes with a hard copy. That's ok for their mpg3 players to listen to in the gym or car or on their iPads traveling in a plane but for the home theater videophile/audiophile who has spent thousands on their home systems, streaming, with its limited bandwidth, is delivering half of the intended content. I just can't imagine myself watching a movie on my computer screen or streaming one to my big screen knowing that I am not getting all that is there. It's like reading a Reader's Digest condensed novel that edits out much of a book.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 2:06:22 AM PST
Fred says:
Sony's ONE SONY slogan is failing. Unlike Apple products that are truly on a unified network service, Sony is like a torture chamber of obstacles getting in the way of such a simple desire to enjoy your purchase. I like Sony but they are failing to update and stay modern regarding software, service and innovation regarding customer satisfaction. I hope they can deliver something more unified for PS4 because I still want them around.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 5:14:50 PM PST
P. R. Blay says:
Need to eliminate iTunes all together. It's a horrible service.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 5:21:15 PM PST
The Kurtster says:
Take that noise to a blog somewhere, fanboy. iTunes works just fine for millions of people. You don't have to like it or use it but it works fine for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 5:39:39 PM PST
Sudeley says:
Itunes sucks, its the worst music service available. They can make their device usable as a storage drive so you can copy over files easy and fast. most other players do this and they work perfectly and no need to sync up or convert that takes forever.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 7:22:13 PM PST
M@sterCh1ef says:
Ultraviolet is great, people whine too much.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 7:42:04 PM PST
The Kurtster says:
It isn't rocket science. If you really need to do that it's super easy. You can use an app like Hard Drive on the device or software like iPod Access. I have used iPod Access for years. Because of this, it "sucks" and is the "worst music service in the world?" Funny that "The worst music service in the world" happens to be the largest in the world with more downloads than any other music service in history. Must be working for someone. Try making your point with a little less drama and a little more thought.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 8:11:08 PM PST
Sudeley says:
Avi on a disc is just fine and no issues.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 8:15:11 PM PST
Sudeley says:
That is because most of the business are teenagers and they don't know what is good they just get what their friends have. My daughter was a teenager with ipod, ipad, iphone, later when she grew up into her 20's she found out they sucked and moved on to better devices. For me what is good is my Archos mp3/android device with a 500gb hard drive, can do internet, apps, dlna, and i would like to see any apple device compete with it. And it is way cheaper and alot better quality and functionality.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 9:29:58 PM PST
The Kurtster says:
Really? Where do you get this stuff? Provide one link that shows most of Apple's business is from teenagers. That's total ignorant nonsense! So WTF is your point? You like Archos better than Apple. Yay. Go use your Archos and be happy. You have to come here just to say Apple products "suck" to make you feel better?

Numbers don't lie. Millions of people use Apple's ecosystem. You don't have to like it. I don't care if all other Apples users are six year olds. I'm in my 40s and I've never had "quality and functionality" deficiencies with my iPhone or iPad. Apple's ecosystem does exactly what I want it to do. I don't lose sleep over the stuff my technology doesn't do. Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you should. I don't want to edit videos or edit audio or do spreadsheets on my phone. Ever. I rarely have to move files to and from my iPhone outside of iTunes. If you do, fine. Go. Buy something else. No need to pee in my punchbowl because you don't like it. You don't hear me bitching about how crappy what you use is, do you?

Sticking to the topic, since you hate Apple so much go freaking use UV then for all I care. All I want is a choice when I get a digital file with a Blu-ray disc. To only offer UV gives haters like you, and the movie studios, what they want and ignores the millions using an existing, popular ecosystem. Why should you care if a movie comes with two codes? Oh yeah, because you hate Apple. We get it.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 10:42:21 PM PST
Joe Nirruc says:
I agree with Kurtster. We are here in this forum because Warner Brothers took away a format that worked flawlessly. UV in theory is a good idea but it was poorly executed and they won't get another dime from me. UV doesn't work like advertised, sometimes it doesn't work at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:50:32 PM PST
Sudeley says:
I did not know thry had their own eco system that is strange. And you put false words into y mouth i said my daughter said they sucked. Atleast none of my great mp3 players never had to be resynced if the battery died like my daughters ipod. People make it like apple is THE best mp3 player, tablet or phone in the world. Yet they are always behind in technology and higher priced just because of their little name on it. As for lame code systems if they just put a movie on a disc and made it playable with no issues that would be awesome. Even if its a format with a special codac included on the disc for security reasons that would be fine as long as it worked for everyone the first time the try. Apple people always gets soooo butt hurt if someone does not care for their products. I personally dont care if anyone gets intel or amd or nvidia or ati products. I enjoy intel and nvidia but that did not stop me from building my daughter a amd system or buy my younger daughter an ati video card. I buy what is best for the person and cost effective.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 11:46:05 PM PST
roybridge says:
Can I step in here? Everyone has their own reasons for liking iTunes or UltraViolet. There are arguments from both sides - I don't know how many satisfied UV users there are, but we know there are plenty of unhappy ones - just search Google and Facebook. At the same time there are millions of happy iTunes users, and probably just as many iTunes haters.

I don't like to see these threads turn into a personal slanging match. I don't believe that any of us are here to have a pop at someone or there choices, but as one of the unhappy UV users, we are trying to voice our reasons WHY we dislike it. One of the MAIN reasons (I think) is purely because more and more studios are trying to force their system upon us by giving us UV as the ONLY digital format, whereas before UV, we were given the CHOICE of an iTunes OR Windows Media compatible version. I think I can safely say that we would be happy if UV was offered as a 3rd CHOICE alongside what are already proven and popular formats.

facebook.com/SayNoToUV

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:10:28 AM PST
Sudeley says:
I agreeon with everything you said. As i said make a working version compatible with windows and mac rhat is proven then you can add a code for itunes and uv for prople who lke it and it works for them. That way people get a working product they pay for.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 5:21:39 PM PST
M@sterCh1ef says:
Including UV with their blurays is the greatest thing Warner Bros has done. All future blu-rays should have UV included.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 5:38:03 PM PST
The Kurtster says:
Yeah. It's really great for screwing existing customers to whom they gave iTunes copies of the previous releases and who invested in that ecosystem beyond that.

Just out of curiosity, since you love UV so much, what digital file format did you use for TV shows and movies before UV existed, Elena?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 6:03:45 PM PST
M@sterCh1ef says:
The horrendous Itunes digital copy. UV works much better.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 6:16:25 PM PST
In what way? What specifically is better or worse with either? Too many generalities being stated and no specifics.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:00:23 PM PST
J. Banks says:
I agree with you Johnny, plus UV and Flixster customer service takes close to week to reply to questions.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:09:48 PM PST
The Kurtster says:
Yeah Elena isn't serious. Just wasting our time. Saying iTunes is "horrendous" without any explanation of why is ridiculous. Next.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 7:16:20 PM PST
Sudeley says:
I guess the only good way till any company comes to their senses is use a ripping software and place it into your favorite compatible format for the device you use the video on.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 7:41:24 PM PST
Otter0911 says:
I will give some examples of why I love UV...

Take for example JAWS on BD with UV....

Gave me JAWS on VUDU to stream (or download) 1080p HDX with Dolby Digital Plus, can watch on many devices in my home including BD players, Xbox 360s, Roku etc etc.
Also with VUDU's android app I can watch or download onto our Kindle Fires.
A copy on Flixster can watch on our Kindle Fires, Smartphones. Can stream or download.
Can also Stream or Download on Computer using UV's site or VUDU (in HD).
Also a Copy on Amazon Instant Streaming...again on many devices in my home.

So how is that bad? BTW they also gave a iTunes choice too.

So I do agree they should give you a choice,I won't argue that, but saying the old way was better is not right. Yes when it was just iTunes or Windows Media, it worked for iTunes but try to find a portable device that would work with Windows Media??!! I tried many devices to work with Windows Media Digital Copies I think I got 2 to work. You could watch on your computer, that was about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:43:51 PM PST
Sudeley says:
can the video be reencoded to be used on incompatible devices? That is what i would want in a digital product.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 7:46:32 PM PST
Otter0911 says:
Well thats Illegal to break the DRM.

But can it be done...oh yeah. But want would be the point? If you want a copy for another device just rip the BD/DVD and encode for that specific device.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Blu-ray forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  69
Total posts:  179
Initial post:  Oct 14, 2011
Latest post:  May 13, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions