Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

What Blu-ray is everyone waiting for???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 1542 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 17, 2009 3:24:16 AM PDT
Yeah, I want Heat too.

Posted on Jun 17, 2009 5:35:31 AM PDT
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea (Disney Live Action)
Around The World In 80 Days (David Niven)
Song Of The South
Day Of The Jackal
The Ghost And Mr. Chicken
The Incredible Mr. Limpet
The Great Race
Operation Petticoat
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
The Private Eyes (Don Knotts and Tim Conway)

Posted on Jun 18, 2009 11:23:40 AM PDT
William Reed says:
Driven (one of the best chase scences ever)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2009 1:06:21 PM PDT
no no no no no. 1) In the Mood for Love! 2) Hunger 3) Che

Posted on Jun 18, 2009 2:10:36 PM PDT
K.Lin says:
This list also sort of doubles as movies enjoyed while growing up in the 80's-90's. Some of these have already even been given the HD DVD treatment, but as of yet have not been slated for blu ray. Maybe some have been repeated by others already too.

Spartacus (Has a HD DVD version already, is a dramatic classic film that has stuck with me just as strongly as Ben-hur and Ten commandments, it has that similar epic classic dramatic feel to it)

Willow Special Edition (Classic Fantasy movie of late 80's, with a few memorable creature effects. George Lucas was a producer on this film.)

Waterworld (Has a HD DVD version already, it was the most expensive movie undertaking of 1995, I did love the explosions and the plot premise)

Daylight (Has a HD DVD version already, the Sylvester Stallone movie where he rescues people from a collapsed tunnel. Similar kind of thrilling intensity and theme as his Cliffhanger movie which has already made its blu ray debut.)

Dragonheart (Has a HD DVD version already, a rare occurrence with Dennis Quaid in a fantasy movie and a CGI Dragon voiced by Sean Connery. Was pretty campy at times but it had a few redeeming touching moments.

Masters of the Universe (Based very loosely on the He-Man franchise, very campy, but strangely enjoyable. It is one of those 80's action sci-fi movies that used colored "laser guns")

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (Replete with Disney's family movie charm. I also loved the special effects used in this movie to simulate the kids having to look at their world from a miniaturized point of view. And I would love to see them remastered.)

Super Mario Bros. (Based ridiculously loosely on the Super Mario Bros. video game. It was extremely Campy, but I enjoyed the heck out of it as a kid on the verge of becoming a teenager. There was much frenetic activity throughout the movie so sometimes you missed out on certain background details. So a blu ray version that makes those colorful details pop would be welcome to me.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2009 3:37:05 PM PDT
Heat(Pacino & Deniro) has one of the best shoot out scenes ever. Great movie all around.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2009 7:50:46 PM PDT
Gone With the Wind

Posted on Jun 18, 2009 7:52:41 PM PDT
Tombstone on Blu Ray

Posted on Jun 18, 2009 7:58:22 PM PDT
Tombstone

Posted on Jun 18, 2009 8:07:52 PM PDT
A Customer says:
My Darling Clementine, along with Tombstone. The High and the Mighty, I can't find my DVD and it was restored.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2009 5:11:49 AM PDT
Yes, Sunset Boulevard! It and "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?" are classics in this house.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2009 5:13:49 AM PDT
Good list. I would especially like to see "Moonstruck" in Blu-ray.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2009 5:17:07 AM PDT
I hope that it is a good transfer of "Juliet of the Spirits." The cinematograhy greatly influenced my videography.

Posted on Jun 19, 2009 1:04:37 PM PDT
Outland
Saturn 3
Logan's Run
Silent Running
Andromeda Strain
They Live (actually any and all John Carpenter)
Stir Crazy
Silver Streak
See No Evil Hear No Evil
Foul Play
Stalag 17
Rear Window
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

Posted on Jun 19, 2009 4:20:11 PM PDT
Gettysburg
The Rough Riders
Remains of the Day
The Agony and The Ecstasy
The Gathering Storm
The Path to War

Posted on Jun 19, 2009 6:20:19 PM PDT
A Customer says:
Bedazzled '67, Lost Highway,...

Posted on Jun 19, 2009 6:31:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 3, 2009 2:12:07 PM PDT
hskr121 says:
Star Wars 1-6
Star Wars Clone wars season 1
Indiana Jones trilogy
Aliens quadrilogy
Sarah Connor Chronicles season 2
Tombstone
The Abyss

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2009 9:16:02 PM PDT
Valinorean says:
Remains of the Day? Good luck with that. I'd like to have it too, but only if enough care was taken of it to do it right. I guess the PTB decided that Gosford Park didn't have broad enough appeal and didn't need to be put to BD with any care because the blu of Gosford Park is really, really bad. And it has none--that's right--none of the special features available on the DVD. So I'd only want Remains of the Day if the studios realized that enough people whose taste isn't defined by Transformers and The Hulk are actually into Blu-Ray. The detail of the inside of the stately home shown in RotD would look beautiful if done right. I'd buy it, too.

Posted on Jun 20, 2009 9:05:01 PM PDT
Matt says:
The Ginger Snaps trilogy. It'd be nice if they included some bonus features for the first movie--the American DVD has NOTHING in the way of extra material.

Posted on Jun 21, 2009 12:39:18 AM PDT
J. Simpson says:
Lord of the Rings (Extended versions)
Star Trek 7-10
Count of Monte Cristo
Brotherhood of the Wolf
Gladiator
Armageddon
Equilibrium

Posted on Jun 21, 2009 1:38:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 21, 2009 1:43:02 PM PDT
Soylent Green, the remake, coming soon to a theater near you.

and Terminatrix: which is Terminator vs. Matrix...you know, Terminator ends in machines taking over the world and in the Matrix machines already are in charge and the insurgent geeks try to bring back people who live underground...so Arnold fights against Reeves! Doesn't it sound cool? They even used the same futuristic choppers in both movies so it would be a seamless movie. Or it could be called TerminX ;)

I spend my day thinking of new movie concepts...sorry...

Posted on Jun 21, 2009 2:05:48 PM PDT
JG says:
I just finished "The Searchers" on blu-ray and it was simply gorgeous... and it wetted my taste for more high-quality blu-ray releases presented 16x9 (1.78:1). Granted, "The Searchers" was photographed in Vistavision (1.50:1 negative but generally projected 1.85:1 in the US and 1.66:1 in Europe), which is probably still the finest widescreen format of all. I can only hope other Vistavision films, "North by Northwest", "Vertigo", "White Christmas", are presented 1.78:1 when they get the blu-ray treatment... And, again this is a personal preference, I'd even like to see more 16x9 versions of some 2.35:1 features. I don't want to rehash the 20 yr old debate on this issue, but I do think the letterboxing of most (not all) feature films when presented on an HDTV is distracting and unnecessary.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2009 5:10:38 PM PDT
I know everyone (well, at least MOST people) is waiting for LOTR, but me, personally, I'm chomping at the bit, literally, for the day when they release "The Incredibles" on Blu-Ray!!! Man, what a TRIP that will be!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Posted on Jun 22, 2009 7:42:05 PM PDT
Jake Fredel says:
PULP FICTION

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2009 11:42:33 PM PDT
Brandon says:
Lord of the Rings EXTENDED trilogy

AND

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (ORIGINAL)!!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Blu-ray forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  763
Total posts:  1542
Initial post:  May 29, 2009
Latest post:  2 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 37 customers

Search Customer Discussions