Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Remastered Terminator Heads to the U.S. in Feb.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 4, 2012 4:53:30 PM PST
KT says:
This is so long overdue. Reviews in the UK are great.

20th Century Fox Home Entertainment has officially announced that it will release director James Cameron's classic action film The Terminator (1984), starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton and Michael Biehn. Recently remastered, the film will be available for purchase on February 19th.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=10047

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 10:41:58 AM PST
C. Barbus says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 1:26:26 PM PST
T. Hoffman says:
Ah that's the difference here plus another version of the cover art...good thing I waited. thanks :)

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 8:01:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 10, 2012 8:03:48 PM PST
warrian says:
I think this may be another controversial release as screenshots of the new master show a rather intense teal bias in the color timing. And it's hard to argue that it's not far cooler and greener than any version we've seen before.

The good news is that screenshots also show A TON more detail than the previous Blu-Ray. Detail a lot of us thought might be impossible given the low-budget nature of the original film elements.

I'm hoping the dreaded "green tint" won't be as noticeable without a direct comparison right next to it. I've pre-ordered mine.

And who knows? The screenshots could be totally inaccurate. It wouldn't be the first time.

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 10:27:19 AM PST
H. Robertson says:
If it is the same release as the british blu ray, why not just buy the british blu ray now? It is region free.

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 1:06:42 PM PST
A M says:
I also hope this version has the original mono track as well. If that is included, I will definitely buy it and sell my old blu-ray. I know it sounds weird, but I watched that movie more times than can be counted back in eighties (it was also the first R-Rated movie I snuck into). The 5.1 is not a re-mix/remaster, the completely re-did the sound effects and I can hear subtle differences in key scenes.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 12:18:22 AM PST
turkish says:
british version does not have the mono track. so this most likely will not have it either. i also like the original sound design way better. they did a good job with surround sounds, but completely missed the mark with gunshots etc. original has way more punch, and grittier feel.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 2:38:10 PM PST
Bourne1886 says:
The PQ on the UK BD is amazing, so much detail. It makes the film even better!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 4:32:24 PM PST
Neither did the Bond 50 set in the UK, but the US did. Let's stay optimistic and hope that we do. Lossless if possible, if not I'll have to sync my Laserdisc mono track to the new version.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 8:13:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2012 8:20:04 AM PST
Rykre says:
I knew that "The Terminator" would be re-issued, and with a better remastering effort. I knew this because the last known re-issue of "The Terminator" on DVD had many extras. Like additional documentaries and the making of the film. The first issued Blu-Ray of the film excluded all that extra material so you will be more anxious to buy the film again, later, that will include all those already existing extras.

I believe this was their plan to double dip the consumer to resell the movie again, on Blu-Ray.

You gotta ask yourself. "How many times have I bought this same movie over the years?" (including VHS, Beta, Laserdisc, DVD, BD, etc.)

It's ridiculous how they do this to us. They give a little on the first sale, then improve on it just a little more, then re-sell it again. And then again. Three to five years from now, you will probably be buying "The Terminator" yet again, because they will do something more for it to make your current copy inferior to it. They will always add a little something to a re-issue to make you want to buy it again.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 1:40:15 PM PST
Graham says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Blu-ray forum

ARRAY(0x9e37f570)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Dec 4, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions