Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

BLU RAY movies that don't play on PS3 for whatever reason

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 98 posts in this discussion
Posted on Apr 22, 2015 7:41:25 PM PDT
J-2-C 2015 says:
That sounds like you're drive is going out on you're system if it doesn't play anything at all and they can be pricey I'm not sure how much they are to make the blu ray work on some blu ray movies u have to disable the Internet on you're PS3 befor u start the movie I'm not sure y that is but. Some blu ray won't play with out Internet. And some won't play with Internet about a year ago I bote fast furious 6 and it was that way then when I got it the DVD played fine but the blu ray didn't play at first intell I found that out

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 1:30:59 PM PDT
Yeah mine just quit playing blu ray DVDs and games.

Posted on Sep 13, 2014 4:34:18 PM PDT
J-2-C 2015 says:
U can get one I think on eBay for cheap I think I spent about 6 dollars for mine. And you're right the ps3 doesn't. Have a cooling. Fan. Built in the system.

U might look on eBay or amazon I have one with 3 fans. And it seems to work ok but I think it's getting ready to go out on me. But I've had it a while. So it been a good cooling fan.

Posted on Sep 13, 2014 2:46:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 13, 2014 2:47:43 AM PDT
Snake Pisken says:
they make a cooling fan for a PS3 ? does it work good an how much does it cost ?, cuz mine get very hot and NEVER put your disc back in the ring lock , let the disc cool down or it will crack on that ring an its no good . I usually just put it in the box an let it bonce in there without clicking it in the ring lock

Posted on Aug 28, 2014 4:02:21 AM PDT
J-2-C 2015 says:
The ps3 doesn't have a built in fan on the system that y it gets hot. So to keep it from getting to hot. U might try buying a cooling fan for it can be like the one u get for a laptop computer the cooling fan be can any of them will work the one I have plugs in to usb on my ps3

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2014 3:58:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 28, 2014 4:04:34 AM PDT
J-2-C 2015 says:
Well my ps3 makes a loot of heat to so when I got mine I bote cooling fans for mine that helps but it still get a little worm at time. But it doesn't get as hot. With the cooling fans. I got.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2014 1:24:47 AM PDT
Snake Pisken says:
that's why I bought a Bluray player , also if the disc gets stuck inside , Your screwed, My PS3 builds up a lot of heat, which can warp the disc and make it weak an crack ,

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2014 8:17:38 PM PDT
J-2-C 2015 says:
Some blu ray movies don't play on ps3 inless u disable the internet for the ps3 y I'm not sure y I know one. Movie that's like that it's fast and the furious 6 is that way but it is so u might try to disable the internet if nothing. Else works and let me know if that works or not

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2014 2:27:27 PM PDT
Hasan Gray says:
Mine wouldn't play a Redbox blu-ray. I updated the ps3 and , problem solved.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2014 6:53:21 PM PDT
J-2-C 2015 says:
If disableing. The internet. Doesn't then the only other u might do is look for scares on the back of the disk but when u do take it to a room. With lost of light and angel just right u can find one. U can't better if there is one or two on there it will not play

Posted on Apr 17, 2014 6:14:32 PM PDT
G. Gonzalez says:
Hmm weird mine always plays my movies perfectly.

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 5:19:10 AM PDT
PITflyer says:
Office Season 8 doesn't play on PS3, I have 2 different copies and both have problems. These are flippers. DVD side will load but then won't play from the menu. Blu-Ray won't even load the menu. I am only referring to Disc One. Have turned off Internet access and didn't make a difference.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2014 10:10:32 AM PDT
That's not it. It's that the PS3 can have trouble connecting with the studios to download the active content (IE trailers for new movies) and the movie will not progress until those trailers are downloaded and played. Disconnecting the internet skips that part of the process.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2014 7:54:56 AM PDT
J-2-C 2015 says:
Then there must be something wrong with the movie check of the disk. And make sure there is no scares on it. If there is then that's you're problem not then the disk is bad.

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 7:50:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 29, 2014 7:50:41 AM PDT
Disabling the Internet worked when my disc wouldn't t play.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2014 1:55:06 PM PDT
J-2-C 2015 says:
try disableing the internet on you're ps3 be for u play the movie some blu rays for some reason don't work if you're internet is on

Joe 2 Cool 14
Or Joe Prothe

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2014 1:52:11 PM PDT
J-2-C 2015 says:
try disableing the internet on you're ps3 be for u play the movie some blu rays for some reason don't work if you're internet is on

Joe 2 Cool 14
Or Joe Prothe

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 8:09:47 AM PDT
K. Thomas says:
Try unplugging any unneeded peripherals, like USB drives or controllers. These can rob power from the laser and the laser will not be able to read some disks. I know this is true of older 4 USB port PS3 units, I've run into the problem a couple of times - most recently the Continuum Season 2 set just released - none of the 3 discs would play when a USB hard drive was plugged in, but worked fine without.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2014 5:33:11 AM PDT
Ken N says:
I restored the PS3 to the default settings and that has fixed the problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2014 7:44:10 PM PDT
you are a god send. works great.

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 2:13:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 26, 2014 4:20:01 PM PDT
Ken N says:
Ugh! Now I'm having a problem too. Rented Captain Phillips, Elysium, American Hustle, and Dallas Buyers club from Netflix. Up until this point I NEVER had a problem with my PS3 slim. But Capt Phillips, American Hustle, and Elysium WILL NOT play on my PS3. Dallas buyers club plays fine. The few blurays I own play fine too. Tried the suggestions in this thread...but still doesn't work. But low and behold I discover Capt Phillips, Hustle, and Elysium are all SONY discs..i.e Columbia Pictures. Is anyone having problems with these discs in their PS3 slim?? The discs load and play previews fine..but when I actually go to play the movie there's a flash and the screen goes blank. Thoughts????

Update 3/23/14. Restoring the PS3 to the default settings fixed the problem. All BD's play now.

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 6:29:31 PM PST
Larry DFW says:
I also experienced problems when playing Oblivion on Blu Ray. The system would freeze and after disabling the BD Internet as the instructions above it played just fine. Thx for the help

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 4:55:03 PM PST
xmen first class doesnt work, i bought 2 copies, none worked...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2014 10:04:45 PM PST
Julian Saenz says:
thank you so much for this information..it worked for me

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2014 8:36:33 AM PST
J-2-C 2015 says:
Really I thought about getting a blu ray player but I'm not sure I want to now after seeing that. Lol

But y get a blu ray player when the ps3 plays them as well
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  74
Total posts:  98
Initial post:  Jan 22, 2008
Latest post:  Apr 22, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions