Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Official Petition for Amazon to Separate Blu-ray Reviews from DVD Reviews

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 291 posts in this discussion
Posted on Apr 16, 2011 5:22:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 16, 2011 5:23:09 PM PDT
Mad4Movies says:
I'll agree and sign here but I don't think it will do any good with Amazon! I'm so sick of weeding through the reviews to find which ones are the Blu reviews! if anything they should let you choose if you want a Blu Review or DVD, just like you can select to see the Newest reviews first. Come on Amazon!

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 6:24:34 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011 7:37:46 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011 7:45:45 AM PDT
A/V guru says:
Are we sure Capt Crunch isn't Rick Prickska?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011 7:54:14 AM PDT

Posted on Apr 23, 2011 6:00:11 PM PDT
they do need to seperate at least blu ray from other reviews.
it's not that hard. the vhs reviews are still around but right now not even a pawn shop will take them, and they sell for about ten cents , if you can find a place that has them.

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 6:23:37 AM PDT
T-Time says:
Sorry if this has been posted..9 pages are too much to sift through..

Most people on here review the movie and not the product anyway..extras,PQ,SQ,ect..So I rarely read them.
I just use blu-ray.com and imdb.com..

Posted on Apr 27, 2011 6:51:05 AM PDT
DC says:
Yup just needs to be re-coded a bit so that it can be seperated via a drop selector and grab only the info selected from the db, so make a dropdown that says view blu-ray rev only or dvd rev not that hard to do they just need to get the dev team to do it.

Posted on Apr 29, 2011 5:16:29 AM PDT
M. G P SCOTT says:
Amazon.co.uk at one point DID list Blu-ray reviews seperately and it was very handy.

Posted on May 2, 2011 12:39:46 AM PDT
Please seperate the reviews for DVD and Blu Ray Amazon.

Posted on May 2, 2011 6:08:52 AM PDT
Timian says:
YES! Heck yes, even.

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 7:38:03 AM PDT
Darr Darr says:
Let us choose the number of reviews per page, too! What do they give us, like 5 per page?
Let me see 100 per page, then I can just look for the little [blu-ray] tag on the reviews.
Since people keep comparing it to ebay, have choices like ebay does in their search listings, [20] [50] [100] [200] and add a [SHOW ALL] link to that.

Same with the comments... I want to click SHOW ALL and see all 200+ comments here, not click through a dozen pages.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2011 12:46:32 AM PDT
M. Parker says:
Not that it matters now, but, yes, I did say all those horrible, horrible things, and then said:
"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"
BUT then I also used the caveat:
"I had to suspend those life tips so that I could help you become a better person-"
Which gives me the legal sanction to say all those horrible, horrible words, without actually being hypocritical.

Perhaps in your rush to meet your quota of 1,000 posts per day, you didn't fully read my post or possibly you still struggle with that comprehension issue or maybe your confused on the proper use of the word. At any rate -
As per your request:

hyp o crite [hip - uh - krit]
noun
2. A person who feigns some desirable or publicity approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 5:39:11 PM PST
bump

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 11:32:19 AM PST
Elder Dave says:
I'm just adding my vote. Amazon really should separate the reviews. I, too, find myself rooting through for the BD reviews, and it would save a lot of time. Maybe it would be easier just to stick with blu-ray.com and imdb.com as some have suggested, but I find user comments on Amazon helpful, and, besides, I tend to buy my BD's here. Always like one-stop shopping.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2012 8:31:35 PM PDT
Eric Edwards says:
Yes!! I'm so sick and tired of having to weed through like 999 DVD reviews just to read the 1 or 11 BD that have the info I'm looking for. I don't want this deleted so no curse words for what bothers me.

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 11:25:54 AM PDT
EdM says:
Time to bring this one back, although it seems like Amazon is intentionally NOT listening. Check out the page for the new, wonderful BD of Camelot [Blu-ray].

Low and behold, on the right side we find a one star review,
"Watch Out, April 18, 2012 | By Kathizplace - See all my reviews | Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?) | This review is from: Camelot (Amazon Instant Video)
I agree - Watch out for Region 2 - It doesn't play in the U.S. I think it's stupid for Amazon to put it on here."

There are also reviews from VHS tape and so on.

If you go to Blu-ray dot com, the reviews there go into detail about how the previous versions on DVd etc., had problems which have been fixed for this newly mastered BD. Overall, their rating there is "highly recommended." There are no issues with tape, region 2, or any of the other things that plagued earlier versions of the movie "Camelot".

One more time - Come on Amazon, make the reviews match the product being reviewed. This is merely a matter of software design, and you can do it if you will.

Posted on Apr 29, 2012 10:00:12 PM PDT
Judi Fryer says:
Yes...I voted YES! This is a pet peeve for me too. I do type 'blu-ray' in the search box on reviews, and that works pretty well to ferret out those reviews dealing with blu-ray discs from all the others. But my complaint goes deeper. I am currently trying to find about the difference between the two BR discs released of 'Air Force One'; one in 2009 and one in 2010. They share the same reviews and nothing in the description discerns why they were issued separately. This brings me to my 3rd complaint; I would like to see more specific SPECS on blu-ray discs outlined in the "product details"; i.e.; is the audio 5.1, is it 1080p, etc. Also, while I am complaining something should be done to help posters understand that there is a 'feedback' option for rating sellers and transactions, instead of the unhappy purchaser giving a great film one star because they didn't like the service. It seems this is happening more and more. A little 'special attention and education. might help. Okay, of my soap box, but the public depends on Amazon for this kind of information, and it is getting muddy at best.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2012 10:02:29 PM PDT
Judi Fryer says:
But they do still, for the most part, at least speak to the quality of the film itself; if not the technical side of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2012 10:06:09 PM PDT
Judi Fryer says:
Type the word 'Blu-Ray' in the drop down search box for each film (search customers reviews - further designated with choice of 'search only these reviews') that will give you those reviews for the blu-ray discs about 95% of the time. It is nothing perfection, but it is a HUGE help.

Posted on May 13, 2012 10:58:25 AM PDT
netscorer says:
Nah,

we don't need separate listings for what is essentially the same content. But Amazon would be wise to provide review filters (just like they do for satisfaction grades) based on the movie edition. They already track this information (at least from customers who bought disk from Amazon, which is 99% of all reviews). Then if you want to only see reviews for BR Collector's edition or whatever, you can easily filter these reviews from the rest.

Posted on May 13, 2012 1:00:50 PM PDT
jnjmcc says:
love this, i have been a blu ray customer ever since the ps3 launched, and was burned by a few crappy transfers. Now i always do my research before i buy any blu ray( unless i really want it) and i hate digging through 400 reviews to see one about the blu ray review. Come on Amazon , get with the times

Posted on May 14, 2012 1:39:32 AM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:

Posted on May 14, 2012 3:46:44 AM PDT
jnjmcc says:
I don't think you can see the point sha, it's I want to know if the blu ray version is worthy if purchase, if it is a bad port why spend the extra money on the blu ray when the DVD is just as good? Maybe if you would stop and read instead of posting stupid remarks then you would understand. Get a life

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 7:54:57 AM PDT
Darr Darr says:
#5 is exactly the point. There have been blu-ray transfers that were actually WORSE than previous releases upconverted by particular DVD players, or they are remasters which do look better but all the other features have been left off, and the descriptions don't tell you any of that.

We don't need reviews of the movie itself... I'm not going to buy my own copy of a movie because someone else says it's "the best movie ever made"; I want my own copies of my favorite movies with the best quality transfers and the most extra features like making-of clips, director/actor/crew interviews, digital copies I don't have to rip myself, screensavers, artwork, et cetera.
Details which MANY listings on amazon do not mention, at all.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Blu-ray forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  99
Total posts:  291
Initial post:  Jan 5, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions