Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Blu-ray retailer exclusives

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-68 of 68 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 9, 2012 5:44:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 9, 2012 5:46:00 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 1:14:03 PM PDT
from twilight time's fb page:

THE SOUND AND THE FURY (1959) BLU-RAY - Sept 11th

STEEL MAGNOLIAS (1989) BLU-RAY - Sept 11th

ENEMY MINE (1985) BLU-RAY - Oct 9th

NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1990) BLU-RAY - Oct 9th

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 5:30:29 PM PDT
Bourne1886 says:
It always seems the other way round from my POV.
GP being one, American Reunion, Jaws. Navy Seals and Roadhouse aren't even on Blu Ray here. Point Break took years, it was only when WB released it here after the states.
You always seem to get better value packages, such as the upcoming Avengers has 3D BD, 2D, DVD and DIGITAL.
In the UK we are getting half that package, just 3D and 2D.
War Horse is another example where we lose out big time. Here it is a single BD with two extra features, no DVD, extra features or digi copy.
It really does my head in. If we want the DVD and the digi copy we have to pay extra. To get all the bonus features you have to buy a retailer exclusive from ASDA ( a Wall Mart company) At least you get them all for one price.
I know I can import, but BB etc won't ship to the UK. Gets very frustrating if Amazon don't have those versions.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 4:41:05 AM PDT
Ryan says:
But the UK has those amazing Arrow horror blu-rays that are pretty much Criterion quality :)

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 9:52:28 AM PDT
Bourne1886 says:
True, Arrow do do good BD. Thing is you can get them imported on Amazon UK. I can't get the BB exclusives.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 10:49:11 AM PDT
turkish says:
we cant get HMW exclusive steelbooks to to US either, I really want to buy the terminator steelbook. but amazon will not sell that. it comes out september. also Hunger games steelbook would be cool.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 3:05:52 PM PDT
Bourne1886 says:
I didn't know HMV didn't post abroad . Stupid really, they need the business, they aren't doing well!

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 10:32:32 AM PDT
If anyone needs a scorecard for Hunger games, here we go. Please add info if you know more details on the specific exclusives.

Walmart exclusive (includes Mockingjay pendant), also at Sam's Club
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Hunger-Games-Blu-ray/53050/

Best Buy exclusive (collectors edition box with ???)
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Hunger-Games-Blu-ray/52514/

Target exclusive (3 BDs, mobile features)
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Hunger-Games-Blu-ray/47127/

Costco exclusive (???)
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Hunger-Games-Blu-ray/53424/

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 12:19:23 PM PDT
Way to shill for shills, Barbus.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 12:42:40 PM PDT
If you don't want to hear about where the retailer exclusives are, there is a simple solution. Don't read the thread about retailer exclusives. This ain't rocket science, boy.

By the way, Sept 25 Walmart will have Porky's exclusively on BD, and then White Men Can't Jump will be at Walmart exclusively on November 6.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 3:48:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 29, 2012 6:49:23 AM PDT
Alan says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 8:30:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2012 8:31:57 AM PDT
Whilst browsing blu-ray.com, I found a listing for the Nightmare on Elm Street Collection. The collection looks to be a Best Buy exclusive available on October 2. The cover looks pretty much the same as the British import, I would imagine the content would be the same too. I have the import, but haven't checked out the extras to see if they were in PAL, if there were any. This collection is guaranteed to be compatible in the US, though. Enjoy!

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/A-Nightmare-on-Elm-Street-Collection-Blu-ray/54211/

P.S. Does anyone else realize the extreme irony in the previous post, someone complaining about complainers?

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 9:39:54 PM PDT
For any Harry Potter fans who are itching for The Deathly Hallows Parts 1 and 2 Ultimate Editions, Target has an Exclusive for it. It hit shelves on Sept. 25th and is a very limited quantity with most stores having 1 maybe 2 copies of each. It's an exclusive til 1/6/13 so I'm assuming that's the wide release, but it's out now at Target for you Pottermaniacs.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2012 10:38:15 PM PDT
To clarify the Potter Ultimate Edition, the Target exclusive includes Parts 1 & 2 TOGETHER in one year 7 package.

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 3:48:21 PM PST
Turner Classic Movie Vault collection has now started releasing BDs. The first title available is a Kate Hepburn/Bob Hope title called The Iron Petticoat. See tcm.com for details. There is also a John Wayne collection there that is 6 movies on 2 BDs for $12, don't know if it is exclusive or not. Not sure what kind of quality you will get with 6 movies on 2 bds, but check it out if you like the Duke.

Screen Archives Entertainment has The Blue Lagoon, Lost Horizon and Beloved Infidel slated for release on December 11. Nice to see they are upping their releases from 2 a month to 3 a month. Visit screenarchives.com for details.

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 10:27:58 PM PST
Octopussy Bluray Is A Walmart Exclusive $10.00 Instore/Online.I just bought one myself about a week ago instore for $10.00 plus tax.A good deal.James Bond 007 Octopussy Blu-ray

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 7:27:29 PM PST
Scott says:
Chris: They also have Goldeneye and Diamonds Are Forever as exclusives which should be purchased long before Octopussy :)

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 10:52:26 AM PST
P Brassinga says:
Steelbook blu-rays have the same problem, they can be exclusive as well. I have stumbled across them at BB.com while searching for something else before heading to the store, and are quite a bit cheaper than online elsewhere. Sad to say you have to order them online but the shipping is or was free or you can pickup at store in 1or 2 days, Walmart puts the steelbook on the Blu-ray shelve and the steelbooks stand out from the rest. check out futureshop.com in Canada as well as Amazon who has many private party sellers who offer hard to find and new releases from foreign sources. Don't forget to check on region code and or language. Many from Europe and Japan are Region Free and in English. However silk screening on outer cover maybe different and more often then not look for single disc Blu since some dvd material may not be in English and Digital Download Disc have redemption codes not for use in the U.S. however a chat or phone call to the Dig.Download helpline has proven helpful, if they have extra codes available you will receive them at no charge ( so far ). Hope this helps.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  68
Initial post:  Feb 28, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions