Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Where are 3D blu-ray movies?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-115 of 115 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2010 8:39:50 PM PDT
A/V guru says:
@ barbus...

"Broadcast 3-D is going to be embedded in the standard 1080i signal, which means the actual resolution of the '3D images are going to be much less than 3D'"

The parts between the ' show how much of a 'tard you are. Shut up. I do know how Directv is going to work its 3D...which theirs will work both WITH the glasses now...and without glasses when that tech debuts.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2010 7:27:08 AM PDT
Not the Guru,

No, you don't know. If you knew, you would get it right, maybe even partially right. You didn't know what stereoscopic is, and now you are resorting to dazzling us with technical terms such as "WITH the glasses" and "without glasses". I had a typo where my last "3D" should have been "1080i". What's your excuse? No one word would fix your definition of stereoscopic. I liken you to the partygoer who continuously drops names at the party, usually in the wrong context, in order to make themselves sound important. Only you do it with technical terms you don't actually know because you can't seem to get them in the right context. I read these forums in the hope of learning, and get weary of know-nothings trying to make themselves an authority when they are obviously not, all the while spreading misinformation.

Posted on Apr 19, 2010 11:10:43 AM PDT
A/V guru says:
3D requires more than 1 camera...really? Like a 5yo can't figure that one out already.

I saw 3D on a Mits DLP 3 years ago. The same system that they will be using now. I know how it works, I know the gimmick it is. I've seen the frame rate slowed to 1/1000th of a second, I know what it does (in reality) to be sequenced with glasses.

When you've seen a 1/1000th frame rate of a 2 second bit of movie, then we can talk about the reality vs "the myth" that is 1080P 3D.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2010 11:31:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 19, 2010 11:51:35 AM PDT
What the heck are you responding to now?

Why are you being condescending about more than one camera, you are the one that used "stereoscopic" wrong? So, apparently you are the one who doesn't know what using more than one camera means. Since, you defined stereoscopic as having to be 1080i. Maybe we should keep the PC away from you until you reach the age of 5.

I have no doubt that you have seen technology. But, you have shown little ability to understand and discuss it using the terminology correctly. 1080p does not currently go to 1/1000th of a second frame rate, so whatever you are babbling about, it is not 1080p. The myth appears to be your status as guru.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2010 12:52:08 PM PDT
A/V guru says:
What I was talking about...if you view a LCD or plasma showing 3D without the glasses ON. What you look at is a jumbled mess.

That jumbled mess slowed down to 1/1000th of a second, then show the actual breaks in the picture so you can see what happens, and why/how the glasses do what they do.

The demo disc shows the picture the TV does do (over a 5 second span in "pause") then shows what the left/right eye sees for the next 5 seconds. The demo disc takes approximately 10 minutes to view.

So, what the demo disc does is show EXACTLY what the TV does the entire time. There is NO TIME in reality that 3D is EVER actually 1080P.

1080P 3D will require 4K/2K resolution...which Toshiba is working on.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2010 1:04:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 19, 2010 1:18:30 PM PDT
Not the Guru,

Your post is a jumbled mess. Saying "slowed down to 1/1000th of a second" is like saying a car slowed down to 3 feet. You slow down to a rate, not a measurement - For example mph or fps.

Plus you are talking about the technology you saw released 3 years ago. This is before HDMI 1.4 high speed and BD's with 120 fps. What makes you think that they haven't improved the technology to 1080p? Why are you stating as current FACT the shortcomings of 3 year old technology?

And also why aren't you making this analogy to 1080i? That is where your argument is valid because there is not enough bandwidth in a 1080i signal for a full 1080i 3D picture

Posted on Apr 19, 2010 1:17:58 PM PDT
Good afternoon everyone,

3D is pretty confusing to many people and Amazon wanted to help you learn more about this new technology and decide whether this is the right technology for you and your loved ones.

We have created a new knowledge center that's focused on 3D, called 3D 101. You can reach it at http://amazon.com/3d.

Feel free to check out our videos, read our FAQs, participate in our forums around 3D, we will try to answer as many questions as we can.

Thanks!
The Amazon 3D Team

Posted on Apr 19, 2010 1:26:22 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 19, 2011 10:34:17 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2010 6:18:08 PM PDT
Joe H says:
Clash of the Titans wasn't filmed in 3D, they just ran it through a program to make parts of it have depth. That's why it looked so bad.

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2011 9:27:27 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2011 12:09:37 PM PDT
Mari,

Sorry if you did not like my post, but "Not the Guru" has a long history starting way before this thread of doling out bad advice and infomation while claiming to be an industry insider.

Frankly, I do not care how I present myself in this forum. These are people who are trying to make themselves more important than they are. I do not care how important I am. Take me or leave me. If someone says something stupid, I will let them know they said something stupid. If they say something smart or funny, I let them know that they said something smart or funny. Not the Guru and I even have had our personable moments. You should not judge on simply one exchange, anyways.

And if you are judging me on that level, please consider judging yourself on the same basis after basically calling me stupid. You are behaving on the same level you are berating me about. I believe that is known as hypocrisy. Right?

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2011 3:22:58 AM PDT
Gulliver's Travels [Blu-ray 3D] I have to give you some Bad News Dude Seems NOW there going to Region Code all Blu-Ray 3D Movies too since they Startet allready with Gullivers Travel 3D Disc...? It will not play on my Playstation 3 3D Blu-Ray Player from Sony because its Region Locked.....????? Maybe its just the Beginning....?

Posted on May 15, 2011 6:11:51 AM PDT
TNS says:
Amazon finally has a button when searching within movies for Blu-Ray 3d. Searching with this gives you a more accurate list of the 3d titles available.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2011 6:25:29 PM PDT
LOL - I've been calling it "Dances with Wolves in Space" since it came out. So glad someone else sees it that way!

Posted on May 21, 2012 10:00:25 PM PDT
Ly Heu says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Blu-ray forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  40
Total posts:  115
Initial post:  Apr 2, 2010
Latest post:  May 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions