Customer Discussions > Bluetooth forum

Motorola h695 compatible with iPod iTouch?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 10, 2010 6:03:17 PM PST
I just purchased a Motorola H695 Bluetooth headset for use with my iPod iTouch 3G.

According to the blurb, the H695 "Works with any Bluetooth-Equipped Phone and or device" which should include the iTouch.

I charged the H695 and went into paring mode, (steady blue light) and turned on Bluetooth on my iTouch, which starts searching... and doesn't find anthing. There is a header "Now Discoverable" but nothing happens.

Do I need a special app, or some adjustment?

Thanks.

Posted on Mar 11, 2010 6:17:30 PM PST
The Moto H695 is a telephone-style headset. None of the iPod Touch models will allow pairing with it. Normally I would complain bitterly about this, but I think Apple did this for a reason.

I use bluetooth stereo headphones with my iPod Touch. The bluetooth connection becomes noisy and unstable if I have WiFi enabled on the iPod. Now think about the ways you could use a telephone-style headset with your iPod Touch. You would be using WiFi at the same time, right? The iPod hardware is not good enough to do bluetooth and WiFi at the same time. In my experience, anyway.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Bluetooth forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Mar 10, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 11, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions