Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Customer Discussions > Bruce Springsteen forum

Drive All Night

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 16, 2008 5:07:13 PM PDT
Barry Ellis says:
I'm gonna keep this real simple...all you Bruce fans, go back and listen to "Drive All Night" from 'The River' and tell me if any of you can deny that it is probably his greatest song EVER. I suggest that you make a Bruce mix tape or CDR and end it with "Born To Run", "Racing In The Streets" and "Drive All Night". It does NOT get any better!

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2008 7:43:52 PM PDT
Barry, I agree it is one of my favorite Bruce songs. Did you know that he used it in the middle of Backstreets (my FAVORITE) IN 1978, The ROXY SHOW? Brilliant!!!! HE WAS WORKING OUT THE LYRICS, as he did in the old days, in public, AND DECIDED TO MAKE IT A SONG ON IT'S OWN! It doesn't getr any better than Bruce!!
Your reply to Karen L. Marquardt's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2008 9:06:56 AM PDT
dac1963 says:
I agree with you, I love Drive All night, to me that is true love, so sincere.

Posted on Oct 20, 2009 1:40:21 PM PDT
Roane Gaddy says:
Drive All Night is classic. I often think that side 4 of "The River" is my favorite LP side by Bruce.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2010 1:23:51 PM PST
I totally 100% agree with you! I have always loved "Drive All Night." It's in my Top 10. I have a tape of that Roxy show where he inserted "Drive All Night" lyrics in the middle of "Backstreets" (my favorite) and it absolutely does not get better than that! The only way it gets better is to also add in "Sad Eyes." Oh, my gosh.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Bruce Springsteen forum (29 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Bruce Springsteen forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Apr 16, 2008
Latest post:  Jan 25, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions