Customer Discussions > Buddhism forum

Vase breathing, raising inner heat and vajrayana

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 20, 2011 1:24:00 PM PST
There doesn't seem to be much going on in the Buddhist forum which is a wee bit disappointing. I was wondering if anyone has read Glenn Mullins translations of The Book Of the Three Inspirations (Tsongkhapa), Readings on the Six Yogas of Naropa, or the Bliss of Inner Fire by Lama Thebten Yeshe, available as a google book for free. Does anyone out there practise vase breathing (google it if you're interested in bliss and don't know what it is) along with meditation, or visualisations? I do, but I don't know anyone in Edinburgh who does.

Posted on Dec 22, 2011 7:32:28 AM PST
F. Gilroy says:
I do. Read, "The Attention Revolution", by B. Alan Wallace. Excellent book.

Posted on Dec 22, 2011 10:11:44 AM PST
I'll try and find out about that. But it'll have to join the queue! I'm slowly finishing The Gelug/Kagyu Tradition of Mahamudra by The Dalai Lama, and I ordered Pointing Out the Great Way by Dan Brown so I could get onto these Amazon.com discussion threads. I hardly got time to read a paper these days with all my time eaten up by meditating!! But I'll find out about that one! Thanks!
Did anyone warn you about doing vase breathing and whatnot? I read Living With Kundalini by Gopi Krishna about eight years ago when I was starting to do vajrayana. Frightened the wits out of me. My theblissblog.blogspot is my blog about meditation and all that stuff!

Posted on Dec 22, 2011 10:22:36 AM PST
The Attention Revolution: Unlocking the Power of the Focused Mind Found it! I got hassled by Amazon.com for plugging my books on these forums. This looks interesting. Seems to be about calming meditation. The Abbot of the Samye Ling here in Scotland told me once I'd get everything from calming meditations. But I thought he might be pulling my leg since I wanted to find out about the visualisations and such, like the one in The BLiss of Inner Fire.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Buddhism forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Dec 20, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 22, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions