Customer Discussions > Camping forum

Sleeping bag for 4H camp

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 27, 2012 10:53:01 AM PDT
coltqueen says:
Both my kids are heading off to 4H camp next week. The camp requests you send either sheets or a sleeping bag. Do you think something like this would work? Texsport In Style Fleece Sleeping Bag and Liner (Assorted, 75-Inch X 32-Inch)

Or can you suggest something better?

It's nearly 100 degrees in the afternoon here & I don't want them to be too hot; the cabins have small-ish window AC units. Thanks for helping me, as we don't camp and I was very overwhelmed when I searched "sleeping bags" on here :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012 2:57:32 PM PDT
This may be a better option: Coleman Trinidad Warm-Weather Sleeping Bag

The additional padding is often appreciated, even if the sleeping bag is on a camper's mattress.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 8:42:39 AM PDT
spookiewon says:
I use the Coleman "warm weather" sleeping bags myself. Last weekend I camped in a tent in a state park. Temperatures during the day were 96 degrees F (Heat index was 101 degrees F); at night in the upper 60s F to low 70s F. In the upper 60s I slept inside the bag; in the low 70s I slept atop it. It makes the cot more comfortable.

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 10:51:47 AM PDT
Detdog says:
just get a couple of cheap sleeping bags and sheets, if it gets chilly they have bag to get into, if it's hot sleep on top of bag

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 10:17:28 AM PDT
HikerJoe says:
OK, so what did you do? Choose the fleece bag or the warm weather bag? How did it work? I saw this post after your kids went to camp but for the benefit of others with the same question I wanted to add my experience. I am a lightweight backpacker and don't want to carry a sleeping bag I won't use because it is too warm for summer temperatures. I took the fleece bag liner on a summer hiking trip when the daytime temperatures were in th 90's. I was too cold at night to sleep. I don't know how cool it was at night but I estimate the low limit of the liner is 60°. Now mind you, I am a warm sleeper. I was too warm in a 5° rated sleep system at 5°. I recommend leaving the fleece liner for its intended purpose and get the warm weather bag.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Camping forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jun 27, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 31, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions