Customer Discussions > Canon forum

Camera I want is llisted for 128MB SDHC card I have 1, 4, & 8GB will they work?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 25, 2012 6:13:36 PM PST
I looking at a used, or new, Canon PowerShot they're listed, on amazon at least, of capable of, up to, 128MB card. Found some here why do I have to pay $32 + for 128MB others I bought less than $10 each? SD cards I have are in Zoom & Tascam recorders, an old HP 435 camera, just checked, that I put 1GB card in. I am not a computer geek, or nerd can't even remember how much the HP held, in operating manuel, but the 1GB fit so I used it & am now uploading pics from it

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 8:36:32 PM PST
Les Schmader says:
Are you sure you mean 128 MB or GB? And SD, SDHC, or SDXC?

An SD card would probably work in anything. The SDHC works in most current devices, but not some early cameras or computers without an SDHC card reader. The SDXC is new. I'm not sure how it works, but it looks like it's not backwards compatible.

I think it's prior to '06/'07 that SDHC won't work.

I'd only press the shutter button once to bracket and fill a 128MB card. That's only @20 shots in a current model. You must mean the camera is OK with 128 GB not MB.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 9:46:36 AM PST
Jo says:
The size of the card 1,4, 128 etc. will only impact how much space you have. You'll need to move your photos off sooner (or delete them). What really matters as you get into better cameras is the writing speed and the card class. Most new cameras require a class 10 card especially if they shoot video. Anything lower either won't work or won't have the quality needed to record. Watch out most of the cheap "deals" out there are lower class cards. The writing speed usually the number like x133 or x400 impacts how fast things transfer on and off the card. This is important- anything slow will have long delays between pictures (no rapid shooting) or won't take much video without pausing. I use this website to help understand the techy stuff about photography- http://www.dpreview.com/ or www.cnet.com is also good.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 10:20:26 AM PST
mikegrok says:
If you have a secure digital, not sdhc, then no, 128mb is your max. if you have an sd, (no hc) then 2gb is your max, if you have an sdhc 1 tb is your max(though at this point 128gb is the largest they make).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Canon forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Nov 25, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions