Customer Discussions > Car Electronics forum

any advice concerning a car cd player that's crashed

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 16, 2013 7:14:47 PM PST
The cd player in my car has crashed. It would cost at least $500 to replace it. The radio works but I use the cd player for audio books more than cd's. Is there any way I can still hook up a portable cd player without using any type of ear buds? A tape adapter won't work since I have a tape stuck in the player which I cannot eject.

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 7:44:24 PM PST
When replacing a head unit for a car the key is to have a conversation with someone who works with them on a daily basis, I suggest heading to your local car audio sales or best buy to talk to the audio techs there. If you were to replace the unit it would not cost $500 that is for certain, A normal cd deck can range from 50-300 dollars with the higher end having a DVD capability. All in all having the entire reset done professionally you could walk away with it done at 150 dollars minimum, worst case if you went cheap.

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 5:10:57 PM PST
S. McCormick says:
Chriswccormck

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 12:42:27 AM PST
Anonymous says:
The short answer to this question is just the same as when someone asks how much is a set of golf clubs since the answer is however much you want to spend since most golfers are just as good (or bad) with any set of clubs and any audio solution for your problem will sound the same the human ear.

For as little as $15 and some batteries, you can buy a Wireless Headphone setup with base transmitter, B0019FHM9M I HEARD WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT AVOIDING HEADPHONES AND I'M WITH YA SINCE MOST CITIES PROHIBIT DRIVING WITH ANY HEADPHONE / but the headphones include an FM base transmitter you plug into the headphone out jack of your replacement CD player like a discman.

You tune your cars radio antenna to the base transmitter frequency instead of the headphones since any FM receiver works.

from there, the sky is the limit on what you spend, I would personally take this as a sign to convert the audio books to some kind of MP3 / AAC Apple iPod format and hook your iPod through any of the trillion billion accessories made jsut for your predicament.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2013 9:35:26 AM PST
emmanuel says:
send me pictures of the factory stereo,and car year and model,i can help you with that issue,replay me to manuelxenon@hotmail.com.or 3475832847
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Car Electronics forum (174 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Welcome to Amazon.com's Car Electronics Forum
15 Jun 9, 2014
Mini Cooper 0 9 days ago
what size dash & door speakers in a 2003 porsche carrera 4 cab 0 11 days ago
what amp to use 1 12 days ago
Amazon.com Car Electronics Fit-Finder - 16 21 days ago
Do all auxillary mp3 players use the radio? 1 22 days ago
Boss Audio Products 0 24 days ago
2013 Passat rear deck speakers 0 27 days ago
correct system 0 Jun 10, 2014
cd player 0 Jun 4, 2014
vw passat 2006 0 May 30, 2014
bad CD player 1 May 18, 2014

This discussion

Discussion in:  Car Electronics forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jan 16, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions