Customer Discussions > Car Electronics forum

need help wanting to replace door speaker

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 9, 2012 6:48:14 AM PST
johnny says:
i have a 1993 vovlo 850 4 door i just put in 2 12'' and a amp and the back 6x9 speaker, i replace the 6x9 with new one, so now i want to replace the front driver side and passager side door speaker cuz they r poping but i dont know what size they r can u help me and should i get a small amp for the 6x9 and the door speakers so it can be louder and how many watts should that amp me...

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 2:47:15 AM PST
TRIGER246 says:
6.5 inch. You should use something like component set or high end speakers such as JVC, Alpine, or crunch. No more amps are needed as can hook 6.5's to amp also or get EQ.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 1:08:20 AM PST
D. Danner says:
sometimes if you get a high powered deck, you wont need an amp, at least for the fronts. but if the size in your doors is 6.5 inch. they also make coax's-2way or tri ax's and like the other person mentioned componets which is a midrange/mid woofer and a seperate tweeter you mount higher on the door or wherever you want. but, if u are going to use componets then i would just get a 50 watt by 4 or larger depending on the rms rating on your speakers. it is usually stated on the speaker or your owners manual. if you don't have either look your speakers up on line and u can usually find the rms rating for your speakers. just remember not to hook up your 6x9s or your door seekers to the subwoofer amp! liike i said, sometimes you can get 220 watts rms for all channels right from the deck. but if u want more detail and better sound, then a 4 channel amp is probably your best bet. remember also you dont have to get a 4 channel amp right away if your short on cash. ive been there. just use your deck to power those speakers for now. you have several options. any stereo shop could give u suggestions also. but remember also they will try to sell you whatever they can. remember you have the cash and its your decision! i hope this helps some. good luck!

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 10:31:24 AM PST
emmanuel says:
hi ,i can solve tha problm,but first we have to be sure of the size of your fronts doors,then i what 12' speakers you are using now and what amplifier you have now,then you can buy infinity speakers or alpine speakers or kicker,6.5 but your car front speakeres are 5.25in,you can buy another amplifier of 2 or 4 chanel for the front an rear speakers,i tunne the crossover to the frequency i need for the 4 speakers,and tunned the other amplifier for the subwoofers,i can do all the job,also,you can buy a 4ch/5ch/6ch amplifier like ;http://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosgate-4-Channel-Amplifier-Stereo/dp/B0007WQACS/ref=sr_1_23?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1360952203&sr=1-23&keywords=4+ch+amplifier+class+d or

XD600/6 - JL Audio 600W 6-Channel Class D Amplifier
best front speakers i recomend:infinity 529i
XD700/5 - JL Audio 5-Channel 700W Class D Amplifier MY CELL 347-583-2847
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Car Electronics forum (174 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Welcome to Amazon.com's Car Electronics Forum
15 Jun 9, 2014
Mini Cooper 0 8 days ago
what size dash & door speakers in a 2003 porsche carrera 4 cab 0 11 days ago
what amp to use 1 11 days ago
Amazon.com Car Electronics Fit-Finder - 16 20 days ago
Do all auxillary mp3 players use the radio? 1 21 days ago
Boss Audio Products 0 23 days ago
2013 Passat rear deck speakers 0 26 days ago
correct system 0 Jun 10, 2014
cd player 0 Jun 4, 2014
vw passat 2006 0 May 30, 2014
bad CD player 1 May 18, 2014

This discussion

Discussion in:  Car Electronics forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Dec 9, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions