Customer Discussions > Car Seat forum

Narrow backless boosters

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 25, 2009 9:47:01 PM PDT
Alaskan Mom says:
Which backless boosters are the most narrow? I want to fit 3 of them in my 3rd row seat in a Ford Expedition. The Cosco Ambassadors I have now won't quite fit 3 across, as they are too wide.

Posted on Jan 17, 2010 9:05:04 AM PST
Sandy5 says:
Did you ever find car seats that would work? I need to fit three across in my Odyssey

Posted on Jan 17, 2010 9:11:14 PM PST
Graco Nautilus! They are 3-in-1, so it's a 5-pt harness booster, a backed booster and then finally a backless booster. We love ours!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2010 2:27:48 PM PST
Alaskan Mom says:
The Combi Dakota will barely fit. The seatbelts though can only be buckled if you have small hands/wrists. You have to reach under the armrests and do the buckle "blind," since it is hidden under the armrest. Someone else told me the Graco Nautalis 3 in 1 will work, but I haven't tried it. Let me know if you find something without the buckling problem!

Posted on Feb 8, 2010 1:45:24 PM PST
J. Fernandez says:
Most backseats can not fit 3 across. I have found that most carseats and booster seats are both about the same width.

Posted on Feb 13, 2010 5:16:23 PM PST
The Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL ... can fit 3 across even in a small sedan like a Toyota Carolla. They have a steel alloy frame and can rear-face to 45lb and keep your children safely harnessed to 80lbs.

Posted on Mar 27, 2010 4:54:18 PM PDT
Lauren says:
Have you tired a graco turbo booster? They are fairly narrow. You can go to babies r us and check out different seats and try them out in your car to make sure they fit.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2011 9:01:16 AM PDT
Not only is this a HUGE heavy seat (with a five point harness), but it's no where close to being narrow? It's over 19 inches across the bottom. There are quite a few seats 16 inches and smaller.

Posted on Oct 23, 2011 10:59:36 AM PDT
VC07 says:
Have you tried the Harmony Literider (I think it's called the Child Booster Seat now). $13.50 at Walmart. I believe it's pretty narrow and provides a good lap belt fit.

Posted on Nov 5, 2011 6:27:44 AM PDT
Bernice Chau says:
Check out sunshine kids. I wish I had saw them before I bought the Greco nautilus (but I bought almost 3 years ago. May not have been out.). Graco nautilus has a wide footprint. My kids have a hard time using it as a booster cz it is right up against the seat belt buckle.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2012 8:53:04 AM PDT
EcoMama2010 says:
The BubbleBum booster seat is the most narrow backless booster. It's 13" across and can easily fit 3 across a backseat of every car we tried!Inflatable, Portable Car Booster Seat PURPLE

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2012 2:11:06 AM PDT
The Nautilus is a REALLY wide seat, I don't think even an Expedition could do 3 of them across.

Posted on May 5, 2012 2:12:38 AM PDT
The best choices for narrow LBBs are the Harmony Literider amd Bubblebum, both mentioned above.

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2014 8:15:32 PM PDT
WiseCrew says:
While they are great seats, they are not boosters... & even the Diono RXT booster really isn't any taller than the XTSL even though it is supposedly a booster after the harness is outgrown.

Posted on Jun 17, 2014 7:52:53 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 17, 2014 7:53:41 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2014 3:25:06 PM PDT
csguru says:
Hi there! How old, heavy, and tall are the kids that you will be putting in the backless boosters?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Car Seat forum (83 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Car Seat forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Aug 25, 2009
Latest post:  16 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions