Customer Discussions > Children's Books forum

Picture Books that Deal with Difference and Inclusion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 82 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 17, 2012 1:54:41 PM PST
What about Stella Luna. That's about a little bat who is taken in by a mother bird. '

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 3:53:15 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 16, 2012 2:45:47 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 2:45:44 PM PST
Sally: Please read the following:
Please read the following:
The following information is directed at authors or fans who mistakenly find their way to this forum in order to promote a certain book before finding out the rules.

So here are the rules according to AMAZON:

Self promotion is not permitted by Amazon, except in the Meet Our Authors forum.

A) Read the posting policy of what is and is not allowed
http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/content/db-guidelines.html/ref=cm_cd_f_h_help

B) Visit the Meet Our Authors forum to self promote or learn about other authors books.
http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors/ref=cm_cd_topf_t?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2UYC1FC06SU8S

Also.....some further available help

http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2UYC1FC06SU8S&cdThread=Tx20GT3HUZ96C70

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 2:44:32 PM PST
Please read the following:
The following information is directed at authors or fans who mistakenly find their way to this forum in order to promote a certain book before finding out the rules.

So here are the rules according to AMAZON:

Self promotion is not permitted by Amazon, except in the Meet Our Authors forum.

A) Read the posting policy of what is and is not allowed
http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/content/db-guidelines.html/ref=cm_cd_f_h_help

B) Visit the Meet Our Authors forum to self promote or learn about other authors books.
http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors/ref=cm_cd_topf_t?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2UYC1FC06SU8S

Also.....some further available help

http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2UYC1FC06SU8S&cdThread=Tx20GT3HUZ96C70

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 4:27:39 AM PST
This book sounds wonderful!
Lenae Madonna
Author
Lost and Found, a Book About Diversity

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 3:00:02 AM PST
Lori DeMonia says:
Did you write this book?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 2:45:16 AM PST
Sally Milne says:
Jumper the Cloud Dog is a new picture book that deals with the subject of difference and inclusion. The main character, Jumper, is adopted by a family of dogs. None of them can guess what type of creature he is but they accept him exactly as he is. Jumper however, begins to notice he is different and this really bothers him. Knowing where he came from is important to his happiness. Check it out on Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 10:22:00 AM PST
B.M.Killaire says:
Please check out the Adventures of Betty and Bo-Bob. I know you will like it. Deals with adoption, being a minority family, dealing with happiness, sadness, death, friendship, family and learning who you really are. Let me know what you think.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 9:19:03 PM PST
FPA Author says:
Tommy and the T-Tops: Helping Children Overcome Prejudice (Let's Talk)I wrote Tommy and the T-Tops in which a herd of dinosaurs adopts and eventually learns from refugees from another heard with different colors. The book has been a sleeper despite positive reviews, but addresses exactly these issues.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 12:33:21 AM PST
B.M.Killaire says:
The Betty and Bo-Bob is like multi-cultural

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 12:31:22 AM PST
B.M.Killaire says:
The adventures of Betty and Bo-Bob

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:12:51 AM PST
Ricky Bear says:
I think you're off to a good start. I am very fond of Dr. Seuss! I Still have "Bears On Wheels" from when I was a kid. Now I have written my first Children's book> "Where Is Ricky Bear?" Where Is Ricky Bear? (Volume 1)"Where Is Ricky Bear?" (The Ricky Bear Collection)

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 12:06:57 PM PST
A reader says:
"Lost and Found" is about two mice in a school, one gray and one white. It is about friendship, diversity and tolerance.
Check out my blog:
www.madonnalostandfound.com
You can see a preview and many teacher activities.
Lenae

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 8:41:10 AM PST
Shawn says:
Jeremiah the Barking Frog by Shawn Doremus

A picture book about a frog who barks like a dog. The other frogs in the bog think he ruins their croaking song by barking, so they decide to make a new song to include Jeremiah.

My granddaughter loves it, she's 1-1/2 yrs old. Bright, colorful pictures.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2012 7:15:32 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 21, 2012 7:22:46 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012 3:26:29 PM PDT
cathyr says:
Bhatia Spam #2 - self-promo belongs in the MOA.

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 10:43:50 AM PDT
NB says:
See Pink is just a Color and so is Blue available on amazon

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 5:43:31 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 8, 2012 7:32:27 AM PDT]

Posted on Aug 23, 2009 3:54:57 PM PDT
I thought you might be interested in this press release regarding my newly released children's book, "A Whale's Tale" illustrated by Ruth R. Janik.

Press Release at:

http://www.prlog.org/10298558-savant-books-announces-release-of-daniel-janiks-newest-childrens-book-whales-tale.html

Sincerely,
Daniel S. Janik (author) and Ruth R. Janik (illustrator)
Savant Books and Publications
Publisher website at http://www.savantbooksandpublications.com
Author website at http://janik.yolasite.com

Posted on Jul 19, 2009 10:59:54 PM PDT
William's Doll - William Pene du Bois
Thank You, Mr. Falker - Patricia Polacco (who may also have others in this theme)
The Ugly Duckling
Holocaust-related books may use the theme of being different.

Posted on Jul 8, 2009 9:04:04 AM PDT
I saw that somebody already mentioned "Tacky the Penguin" which is a really fun one. Also, there is a picture book called "Underwear" which is about a grump buffalo who doesn't want to fit in but eventually learns to have a sense of humor and thus, fit in better with the other animals. Not sure if that is exactly what you're looking for but I thought I'd mention it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2009 8:57:08 AM PDT
Tracey says:
It's not really a picture book (a chapter book with a few pictures) but it fits the theme of difference and inclusion (spanning race, disability, culture, individuality, etc.). The book is called A Slip In time: The Book Of Eventide. It is a fantasy/adventure/mystery for kids between age 8 and 16.

Posted on Jul 7, 2009 1:16:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 7, 2009 1:18:06 PM PDT
Sounds like there are many good possibilities to help children learn about inclusiveness. :)
I would also like to add my own book, THE CRYSTAL PALACE: RESCUE OF THE BABY FAIRY PRINCE, but even more to introduce the second in the series, THE CRYSTAL PALACE #2: REBELLION IN FAIRYLAND, which will be published this fall. In this book, the three human girls travel once more to Fairyland, but this time they begin to notice the inequities in the medieval society of Fairyland. The ogres and trolls were not treated fairly and they rebel. The girls are swept up in the rebellion and end up helping to mediate a solution to bring fairness to Fairyland. The ogres and trolls were not as beautiful, by fairy standards, and they were kept in menial jobs and denied educations to better their lives. A lesson in prejudice and fairness, but shown in the safe, imaginary world of the fairy folk.
Please see my website: www.michelehauserstories.com or my publisher's website for me: www.outskirtspress.com/crystalpalace

Posted on Jul 2, 2009 12:51:33 PM PDT
You should check out "The Crayon Box that Talked"...great book for teaching children about treating others the same! I used this in my preschool classroom for many years!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2009 11:43:57 AM PDT
January Moon says:
You might find "Helga, the Hippopotamouse" interesting. Helga is half hippo and half mouse and deals with issues of looking different and not fitting in. Her only friends are imaginary until she meets a group of cats that invite her to dance with them.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Children's Books forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Books for kids that want to become doctors? 9 5 days ago
Need help figuring out title 1 5 days ago
Recently Published Children's Books 1737 5 days ago
As parents, do you interested in book that helps young readers open up their imagination? 0 6 days ago
As parents, do you interested in book that helps young readers open their imagination? 0 6 days ago
New Children Book - I Am Mai 0 12 days ago
Trying to remember title of a children's book - can only remember main character is a very blue, very bony guy 1 25 days ago
A Spider's HeaART - A Story About A Vegetarian Spider Artist 0 26 days ago
Even Superheroes Have to Sleep - A Children's Book 0 27 days ago
Children's book about a sheep that bakes cakes and puts pink icing on them. 0 Apr 10, 2015
Weekly Readers Childrens Book Club Selections 1950's/1960's 4 Apr 5, 2015
Children's Books: Self Esteem, Beauty, Being Different, etc 66 Mar 29, 2015

This discussion

Discussion in:  Children's Books forum
Participants:  61
Total posts:  82
Initial post:  Jan 30, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions