Customer Discussions > Children's Books forum

Recently Published Children's Books

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2008 10:29:58 AM PST
Jodi Melton says:
My 14 year old daughter just had a book published in Novemeber called Max the Superdog. It is about aliens and a Jack Russle who becomes a superhero.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2008 8:45:56 PM PST
Hi Marjie,

Thanks for your interest! I hope it is OK to post this ... it is www.Healing-Stories.com.

Best wishes,
Jacqueline

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2008 9:17:00 AM PST
Peter Carrot-top this will be the newest series of books, great reading

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2008 9:23:10 AM PST
Peter Carrot-top this will be the newest series of books, great reading

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2008 1:47:12 PM PST
My book The Imaginary Journeys of BJ and Dobbin was just published last month and is on Amazon.com, Target.com, Border's.com and Barnes&Noble.com and is available at those book stores, if you ask for it. It is similar to The Magic Tree House Series, in that it is about a little girl that puts herself into moments in history. Read the summary on Amazon. They do not have the cover or summary uploaded yet in hardcover but click on paperback and you will find it. It starts off with the chapter on Christopher Columbus and ends with a chapter on how the government works. Because it is fantasy, I would say from 8 to 11 year olds would enjoy it. But, because it is history, even adults might learn something. Check it out!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2008 2:02:39 PM PST
Hi, Brenda,
I would like to recommend my new picture book biography, Seven Miles to Freedom: The Robert Smalls Story. It is the story of the daring escape of the slave Robert Smalls, his crew, and their families on a stolen Confederate gunboat during the Civil War. For the rest of the war, Robert Smalls was a pilot for the Union and went on to serve five terms in Congress. It is the story of one of the Civil War's greatest heroes seldom found in history books.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2008 9:20:47 PM PST
Nikki Smith says:
Five Little Speckled Frogs by Nikki Smith:

Five Little Speckled Frogs

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2008 3:53:58 AM PST
Krazy Kate says:
Hi Brenda,

I see a lot of other authors are responding, so I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring as well. This year the first book in my fantasy series came out; "Shadow of the Dragon - Kira". This is the story of a horrific regime in a far off kingdom, where girls have no rights what so ever and where forced marriage is the norm. My lead character, Kira, (12) rages against this. When her engagement is announced, she defies the king's law and fights to gain the right to make her own way in life. But in challenging the rules, she receives a death sentence and is forced to go on the run with her little sister. Mixed in with this, she encounters ferocious deadly dragons; a kind, dyslexic wizard and an evil knight, intent on imposing the death sentence- Will Kira survive, keep her sister safe and reunite a fractured family? You'll just have to read it to see.

If you are interested, please visit the book on Amazon.com or my website: www.kateohearn.com for more information.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2008 4:55:58 AM PST
Muriel Paris says:
I recommend the Dreamstarter Book, perfect for children ages 4-12 years.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2008 10:19:21 AM PST
paulstuffy says:
I would like to recommend Out of the Nursery by Elizabeth Gauthier, it is sure to be a classic. I noticed it was printed in the USA and the copy I bought from Amazon was a first edition, might be a good investment if this book ends up winning an award.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2008 12:14:00 PM PST
Brenda,
Children 6-12 and dog lovers (of all ages) are enthusiastic about Snow Valley Heroes, A Christmas Tale -- and all the Planet of The Dogs book series...for sample chapters, visit www.planetofthedogs.com
Happy holidays
Robert

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2009 4:50:46 PM PST
Try the TROY'S AMAZING UNIVERSE books, they are a great read.
TROY'S AMAZING UNIVERSE "The kids could not get enough of Troy and begged me every class to continue. It was wonderful to see the enthusiasm all the children showed for reading. I wish all their books would hold their interest as this book." Linda Valeneti, Saint Ignatious Loyola Grammar school Upper East Side NY Librarian

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2009 5:21:51 PM PST
I'd suggest The Legend of Barknight--it is a short story that tells the tale of how an average dog named Salty breaks the spell of selfishness that bewitches humans. By enlisting the help of all the world's dogs, Salty changes the hearts of people forever. It's a story about determination, cooperation, and faith that creates Barknight--a long overdue holiday where people can give special thanks to our dogs, as well as all the pets that keep us company and warm our lives.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2009 4:22:22 PM PST
C. Philip says:
Hey Brenda,
My sister's middle school is spreading info. about a new book called "The Galacteran Legacy: Galaxy Watch" by Michelle Izmaylov. Just published this month, I think. It's pretty good, if you're looking for something 8-12 ish. My sister and I sure liked it.
Good luck finding the perfect book!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2009 4:41:25 AM PST
J. Carolan says:
Brenda: I was ready your post and saw your book is available through outskirtspress. I too have a self-published middle grade level book that came out just before Christmas. It's called "Sadie's Bargain" - about a 13 year-old cowgirl who is part of a team of trick riders/performers. Sounds like a great life, but she wrestles with all the challenges of other girls in that age group -- self-esteem, parents' divorce, social acceptance, etc.

Anyway, I have been using lulu.com for publishing but am not too happy with them. How has your experience been with outskirts? It's actually one of a few I have been looking studying for a possible change. I appreciate your input.

jill carolan
jill@jillcarolan.com

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2009 5:27:36 PM PST
Dancing in the Middle, preteen novel
by Barbara Tuttle
Ages 9-13
Available now at Amazon. Published in Decenber 2008
Author's website: www.barbaratuttle.com

Written with lots of love, insight, good humor, and practical tools for tweeners.
This fresh, new novel is an especially good fit for kids who are being teased, or prone to tease.

With a background in teaching and children's ministry, I have often seen children of middle-school age treat each other very cruelly. I wanted to respond to this problem in a positive way. So I wrote Dancing in the Middle to help girls learn to tell themselves the truth, and to practice appropriate assertiveness. If it helps even one girl to "make it through Jr. Highschool," feeling good about herself and being kind to others - it was worth it to me to write it!

I would love to have readers stop by my website and give me feedback after reading the book. Most especially, I would love to hear from any kids who are helped and encouraged by the book.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2009 5:38:48 PM PST
www.WarrenIsWonderful.com published 2/3/2009 (that's pretty recent!)

Posted on Feb 23, 2009 8:52:52 PM PST
I'm a new author and would like to plug my book, Virginia's Travel Basket. It is great for girls between the ages of 9 and 12, but it may appeal to all ages. It is a heartwarming story of a mother and daughter. Sara, the daughter, has her life turned completely upside down within the course of less than a week. The central theme is "Always give your best and you'll never go wrong." A second one cropped up in there with "When one door closes another one opens." This is a fast paced story for the reluctant reader.

Posted on Feb 23, 2009 9:05:11 PM PST
T. Turner says:
I'd like to add my two cents or at least my book to the list. I published my book late in 2007. So, it's been out little more than a year now.
It's called "The Lost Secret of Fairies" Book 1 in the Crystal Keeper Chronicles Series. ISBN#978-1425146719 by Trafford Publishing. It's a middle reader chapter book.

I've gotten two reviews, one from Reader Views and Midwest Book Reviews: Children's Watch. Plus feel free to use the in search feature and take a peek at the first pages.
My website is located at: http://www.tiffmeister.net/writer.html
My blog is at: http://lostsecretoffairies.blogspot.com/ . It documents my writing journey while working on the Crystal Keeper Chronicles Series.
A little about the book:

Wanda had always read about adventure. Now she was in the middle of one. The World of Fairies is real, and she is their new Crystal Keeper, human caretaker to the World of Fairies. But the Fairy World is in trouble. The fairies are falling ill from the pollution that ravishes the world above. Wanda has to find the key to their cure, before it's too late.

But like in all adventures, there are a few unanswered questions to solve. What has happened to the old Keeper? What are Germites? And can Wanda get used to her cat giving her backtalk while trying not to get grounded for helping the fairies? Join Wanda on her adventure, while she finds out that sometimes the best solution to a problem is the one you find within yourself.

Thanks for reading. Let me know what you think.
-Tiffany

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2009 9:45:43 PM PST
My children's book titled: HOW THE LONE WOLF GOT HER NAME, is written in a way so children can understand the true beauty of giving from their hearts to others. The book is written about a wolf that does a wonderful thing to save her family and friends, and in return she is given a very special gift. There are several fun activities for the children to complete and learn about wolves and other animals of the forest in the format of puzzles, mazes, fill-ins, reversals, plus more to expand their English, math, spelling, and science skills. I have included pictures of wolves and other animals throughout the book for the children to color.

HOW THE LONE WOLF GOT HER NAME is right here on Amazon. Check it out! Thanks, Shena

Posted on Feb 25, 2009 8:48:55 AM PST
If you love trees...this book is a must see!
Tales of the Tree People
"To tree...or not to tree?"
ISBN# 1-4241-5065-5

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2009 9:03:09 AM PST
My fifth book, WHAT REALLY HAPPENED TO HUMPTY?, just came out Feb. 1. It's a picture-book mystery, featuring Joe Dumpty, private investigator (Humpty's brother). You can check it out on Amazon (including reviews) or look at the reviews in Kirkus and Publisher's Weekly.

Best,

Jeanie Franz Ransom
www.jeanieransom.com

Posted on Feb 25, 2009 11:15:17 AM PST
How about my new picture book: Mommy's High Heel Shoes which came out is October of 2008. Try on Mommy's High Heel Shoes!

Mommy's High Heel Shoes is a story about a little girl nicknamed "Cakes" (because of her LOVE of cupcakes!) After Mommy leaves for work, Cakes plays in Mommy's closet with her brother and imagines she is Mommy! While Cakes is trying on Mommy's shoes, her brother is being a typical little boy, playing with his toy penguin and making trains/building forts out of Mom's shoes. Cakes discovers that Mommy wears so many different shoes because Mommy has lots of jobs. This story explores the subject of why mothers work outside the home and the many important jobs mommies have inside the home. This book truly celebrates a busy working mommy and her sweeter than cupcakes relationship with her children!

In addition, everyone will have fun finding the hidden pictures inside this book. There is a hidden cupcake, ladybug and heart on each page of the story! Kids love to pick this book up over and over again. It can be purchased here on Amazon of course and at www.mommyshoes.com.

Posted on Feb 27, 2009 1:30:16 PM PST
DA BEARS says:
HI ... My name is Laura Eckroat -- and I just had my first children's book published -- it is called -- The Life of Bud. It explains how important it is to enjoy life and how hard it is to let go in the end. Children love the story and the illustrations (by Greg White) are simply incredible! Let me know what you think if you purchase my book!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2009 5:18:41 PM PST
DianeG. says:
If you like picture books you might want to try The Adventures of Willy & Nilly by Diane Giurco It is a sweet story about a brother and sister and their many adventures.The children stumble upon a litter of abandoned kittens and find themselves on a quest to save them and to answer the question Is there A Mommy cat? This book teaches responsibility,perseverance,kindness,caring and a general knowledge on how to care for these kittens thirty two pages of full color Diane G.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Children's Books forum
Participants:  1079
Total posts:  1736
Initial post:  Dec 4, 2008
Latest post:  21 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 96 customers

Search Customer Discussions