Customer Discussions > Children's Books forum

Recently Published Children's Books

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Mar 7, 2009 7:42:51 AM PST
H. Baker says:
As with many new authors, I am looking for whatever forums I can find to expose my new book.

Please check out "The Minution Chronicles - Saving Zinitheron" on Amazon.

In this science fiction novel, written for children 10 and up, Three seventh graders are shrunk to the size of amoebas and journey through time and space to help a microscopic alien save his dying planet.

This romp through space asks the question, have you ever thought about how much is out there that you can't possibly know about, or taken time to think about what could be?

For more information about the book please visit my website at http://www.hank-baker.com

Posted on Mar 7, 2009 8:23:18 AM PST
Take a look at "The Dentist" by David Dusablon.
It's a great rhyming book about a little girl who is afraid of going to the dentist.
It has beautiful full-color illustrations and an easy to follow story line.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2009 10:34:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 4, 2009 6:23:46 AM PDT
Hello Laura. I just checked your book on amazon. It looks charming. I love the illustrations and your way with words. As a former kindergarten teacher (as well as all the grades and middle school), I know it is likely to become a favorite in kindergarten classrooms. Good luck getting the word out.
I am hoping my little book will get noticed too. THE CRYSTAL PALACE: RESCUE OF THE BABY FAIRY PRINCE is more for children 5-12 or so, or anyone who enjoys reading about fairies. It was certainly a joy collaborating with my nine-year-old granddaughter who is the illustrator, and she has already drawn a character she wants me to put in our next book!
For details and links to the online bookstores, check out my author website:
www.michelehauserstories.com
or my publisher's website:
www.outskirtspress.com/crystalpalace
Back cover summary:
Who would have guessed that the saving of a little boy at a pool would lead to an adventure in Fairyland and the Kingdom of the Leprechauns? A sleepover at Karina's Grammy's and Popi's house in a bedroom filled with crystals, turned into an adventure at a crystal palace and a confrontation with a dangerous sea serpent. Karina, Katie, and Emily Jean entered these worlds through the lead of Grammy's tooth fairy named Angela. They were needed to find the missing baby fairy prince. Intelligence, insight, and imagination led these girls to the rescue and the discovery of the truth: Children are precious to their parents, no matter how old they are, whether in Fairyland or everyday life.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2009 6:03:10 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 20, 2009 12:50:20 PM PDT]

Posted on Mar 11, 2009 7:58:41 AM PDT
I have 1 published childrens chapter book that is 48 pages that is available on Amazon, and other online stores.

The Championship Game is about baseball, and the 4 players are trying to work as a team to win the championship game. The book is about what the kids learn to work as a team, and friendship. 3 of the 4 characters are boy, and 1 of the characters is a girl dealing with being the only girl on a baseball team.

I have a 2nd book that is being published for younger children. It is a childrens picture book, The Bearless City
Please check out my webpage for information on the books.
www.AimeeStinson.com

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2009 11:35:28 AM PDT
What about The Electronic Adventures of Diga Byte? I am the author and the book is a fun twist on modern technology where a worm lives in a families computer and travels all over the world wide web looking for knowledge and fun.

It has had rave reviews from my family and friends.
Meredith Mammano

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2009 1:05:04 PM PDT
The Rainbow Series: Dogs Who Help... 11 current titles, narrative nonfiction about dogs who help others in various ways, illustrated heavily with color photographs of the real dogs in action. Available at amazon.com and direct from publisher www.BunnyBudBooks.com

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2009 12:02:43 AM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Hi Brenda
I have recently published a children's animal adventure book. It is called Lost In a Strange Land and is available on Amazon. Check it out. You will probably have to put the title or my name in the search panel to find it as it is still moving through the listing process. You can access it better through my website elaineouston.com. Select the International 'buy now' button on title's page and it will take you to right to it on Amazon.
Cheers
Elaine Ouston

Posted on Apr 19, 2009 7:26:06 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 20, 2009 9:27:19 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2009 6:45:23 PM PDT
Betsy Reilly says:
Hi Jacqueline and Sarah, MARCELO IN THE REAL WORLD is a new book published by Arthur A. Levine Books (the USA Harry Potter publisher) that has as its central character a boy with Asperger's Syndrome. You can read about it on Cheryl Klein's excellent blog, BROOKLYN ARDEN (she's the editor).
Also, I think The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night also has a central character with Asperger's. These are both for older, more sophiosticated readers; one of my children read "The Curious..." when he was in fourth grade, but I was surprised by that.
Congratulations Sarah! I am an unpublished author myself, and give you a long-distance salute.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2009 1:57:17 PM PDT
E. Moore says:
Grandmas' House by E. Moore

Grandma's House" is about the importance of family and remembering where you come from. "Grandma's House" colorfully illustrates family traditions shared between grandparents and grandchildren,
and demonstrates how they are passed down from one generation to the next. "Grandma House" is a part of "The Mya Collection," a series of books designed to aide parents and teachers in
delivering life skills to children. This series covers a wide range of social issues illustrated easy enough for the youngest child to understand.

Link:http://www.amazon.com/Grandmas-House-E-Moore/dp/1441413510/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8

Posted on Apr 23, 2009 1:58:41 PM PDT
E. Moore says:
"Grandmas' House" by E. Moore

"Grandma's House" is about the importance of family and remembering where you come from. "Grandma's House" colorfully illustrates family traditions shared between grandparents and grandchildren,
and demonstrates how they are passed down from one generation to the next. "Grandma House" is a part of "The Mya Collection," a series of books designed to aide parents and teachers in
delivering life skills to children. This series covers a wide range of social issues illustrated easy enough for the youngest child to understand.

Link:
Grandma's House

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2009 9:20:21 AM PDT
Wave says:
The Finding of Blue Bunny

The Finding of Blue Bunny

Posted on May 2, 2009 4:49:00 AM PDT
I've just recently written a book that's aimed at 8-12 year olds (or a touch younger or older, I'm not picky). It's called The Cave Dwellers (by Heather Christie) and is about an eleven year old deaf girl who accidentally time travels back to Ice Age Europe. She meets up with a group of Neandertals and has to find her way back while trying to fit in with their way of life. I don't know what age range you're looking for, but this one is both fun and educational! :)

Cheers,
Heather Christie

Posted on May 3, 2009 12:28:52 PM PDT
B. Valdes says:
JESUS WATCHES OVER YOU ...self published..sweet/colorfully illustrated lullaby/book that can be sung (tune TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE STAR) or read to toddlers. A wonderful introduction to teaching little ones about being loved and cared for. Children love singing and being sung to.
Bonnie Frisch Valdes

Posted on May 3, 2009 3:57:36 PM PDT
CyberDude says:
I recommend this one on President Obama:

Our President - Barack Obama
Our President - Barack Obama: The Illustrated Story Of Obama's Inspiring Journey To The Presidency

It's fun to read and a quick read. A good way to relive the election from the Democratic primaries through inauguration.

Bob

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2009 6:58:43 PM PDT
T. Turner says:
Here's a current book series that has a second book coming out this summer.
The Lost Secret of Fairies
Available on Amazon.com
The Lost Secret of Fairies: The Crystal Keepers Chronicles: Book 1

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2009 7:22:09 PM PDT
Chin and the Magic Stones - by LJ Salazar (me)
108 pages

A delightful tale about a young boy in Kirkland, WA who uses the power of positive thinking to embark upon the journey of a lifetime!

Posted on May 4, 2009 10:32:45 AM PDT
J.R. Hall says:
Phantom Island: Wind --by Krissi Dallas (available at Amazon.com)

This book is geared towards 7th through high school, but completely appropriate for 5th and up.

Here is the product synopsis: "One fateful summer night ...when one rule is broken ... five teenagers will discover an unexpected adventure full of magic, romance, and true friendship." Seventeen-year-old Whitnee has spent six years rebuilding her identity after her father's mysterious disappearance left her with more questions than answers. With her two best friends, she returns as an employee to the summer camp of her childhood. Nestled in the Texan hill country, Camp Fusion is everything Whitnee remembers ... except for the haunting visions that only she can see. One fateful night, Whitnee and her friends embark on a magical journey where unexpected adventure and heart-stopping romance collide - a journey that might unlock the dark, complicated mysteries of Whitnee's family history. But will she find the answers she is looking for before it is too late?

This is a great fantasy book with some touches of sci-fi and romance mixed in. I read tons of young adult fiction and proud to be friends with the author. I'm not just promoting this book because she's my friend, but because it's an excellent book that deserves to find a place on library & store shelves. Please support this young author & teacher!

www.krissidallas.com

Thanks! Jaclyn

Posted on May 4, 2009 1:35:51 PM PDT
Kathleen says:
I actually just pre-ordered Mackenzie Blue. My little niece just spent a few hours playing in Kathi's closet (an online game on the book's website)---so I decided to get the book for her. If the book anything like the site---it will be a fun read =)

Posted on May 5, 2009 10:09:52 AM PDT
Loukoumi's Good Deeds is a great new children's book.

It has a narration CD that has the voices of Jennifer Aniston, Constantine Maroulis and others. The illustrations are really good and it does a great job of teaching children the value of doing nice things for others.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2009 8:51:16 PM PDT
WP News says:
I think you should check out the amazing book Randy Kazandy, Where Are Your Glasses? recommend and approved by OC Parents
Magazine. Also check out www.randykazandy.com or call 1-877-852-6276 for an autograghed copy. This book is beautifully told in rhyme about a little whimsical boy who gets glasses for the first time and has a motto: "I love being me!"

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2009 8:53:25 PM PDT
WP News says:
I think you should check out the amazing book Randy Kazandy, Where Are Your Glasses? recommend and approved by OC Parents
Magazine. Also check out www.randykazandy.com or call 1-877-852-6276 for an autograghed copy. This book is beautifully told in rhyme about a little whimsical boy who gets glasses for the first time and has a motto: "I love being me!"

Posted on May 6, 2009 8:54:14 PM PDT
WP News says:

Posted on May 10, 2009 3:58:23 PM PDT
Emily Burns says:
My offering is rated at a fourth grade reading level. But it has passed the wiggly 4 yr old test and the I"m too old for stories ten year old test and the pretending I'm not listening twelve year old test.

A mixture of 19th century abcedary and modern day living history adventures: The Children's Civil War Alphabet Book: Voices From History
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Children's Books forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Children's Books forum
Participants:  1063
Total posts:  1707
Initial post:  Dec 4, 2008
Latest post:  Jun 29, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 96 customers

Search Customer Discussions