Customer Discussions > Children's Books forum

Recently Published Children's Books

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 10, 2009 8:15:08 PM PDT
Hi everyone,

I'm a new POD self-published author of a 36-page children's book with color illustrations on every page. It is the first in the series that will to continue to chronicle the lives of two six-year-old boys from different walks of life as they continue their journey of discovery and friendship. Its name is Just Like Brothers...In the Beginning and can be found on Amazon. The back cover provides an overview and a professional blurb. For more info, please visit my website at www.RudellKopp-kidsbooks.net Thanks!

Posted on May 11, 2009 4:14:54 PM PDT
Hello everyone. I recently published an anti-bullying children's book called The Big Blue Bully. Bullying is becoming a real social issue with kids today. Please checkout the book, it is on Amazon, published by BookSurge. The age range is 6-11.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2009 12:51:44 AM PDT
Sue Birch says:
That's what I like to hear, "I've written these books to raise funds for my son who has autism."
Can I put in a plug for my children's murder mystery "Dead Puzzling?" This is a crime thriller for 8 to 12 year olds & tells how three kids decide to track the village killer, till the village killer decides to track them!
50% of the royalties from "Dead Puzzling" are being donated to the National Autistic Society because when my eldest son was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome the NAS leapt in & offered him the support that meant he could lead an almost normal life.
Let's hear it for the people who struggle daily with autism!
Let's hear it for the charities & workers who struggle to help them!
And let's hear it for fellow writers who struggle to find ways to plug our books!!!
Good luck everybody.

Posted on May 12, 2009 3:51:37 AM PDT
"Neil Armstrong is my Uncle...." by Nan Marino is a book that has been eagerly awaited by my nieces. Its a fictional story of growing up on Long Island, NY during the 1960's and the moon walk. It is geared towards 9-12 year olds.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2009 1:31:37 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 22, 2009 3:31:49 PM PDT
Dr. Offig's Lessons from the Dark Side Dr. Offig's Lessons from the Dark Side]]

Posted on May 13, 2009 4:31:03 PM PDT
C. Gallagher says:
Party by The Light of The Refrigerator, is a perfect bedtime story book for ages 4 to 10. It's a simple story but the plot can be simply reenacted and you gain a little more quality time with your children. It's now available here on amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2009 11:05:58 PM PDT
T. Turner,
Thank you for your thoughtful review of my book, THE CRYSTAL PALACE: RESCUE OF THE FAIRY PRINCE. I have received your book, but Karina and I are doing creative writing/illustrating workshops in the four third grades in her school this week (great fun!), so I haven't had a chance to read it yet. I will do so this weekend, and get a review posted for you. I look forward to reading it. :)

Michele Hauser

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2009 12:18:49 PM PDT
Dear Brenda,

I would like to recommend Davy Brown Discovers His Roots to be released in June.

Davy Brown is a bright, all-American boy with some not-so-typical problems. His best friend may be leaving the country. His teacher has just instructed the class to describe their own immigration stories-but his family doesn't have one! And if he fails the class, he may lose his spot on the baseball team. And if all that weren't bad enough, the cafeteria is serving coleslaw again...

Join Davy and his friends Carlos, Erika, and Amit on their quest as they discover that even the most seemingly typical people have exciting immigration histories. Then, using the resources in this book, embark on your own voyage of discovery-what fascinating immigration stories will you unearth? How many flags adorn your family tree? The answers may surprise and delight you!

Posted on May 19, 2009 1:04:11 PM PDT
lightreader says:
Alvor by Laura Bingham. It's a fantasy for kids from ages around 9 and up. Very clean too. It wraps magic, mystery and adventure together so well that even adults enjoy it.

Posted on May 22, 2009 10:52:04 AM PDT
Jackinthebox says:
I'd recommend my latest book, 'Cromwell Dixon's Sky-Cycle' from G.P. Putnams children's books.

http://cromwelldixonsskycycle.com/

John Abbott Nez - Author & Artist
'Cromwell Dixon's Sky-Cycle'
An amazing true story of America's `Boy Aeronaut'.
who had a dream to build his own flying airship.
G.P. Putnams Sons
* ISBN-10: 0399250417
* ISBN-13: 978-0399250415
www.johnnez.com
www.cromwelldixonsskycycle.com

It's a great book!

:0)

Posted on May 22, 2009 11:45:45 AM PDT
Great thread! I just published "The Purple Elephant" (available on Amazon) and it is for both boys & girls, ages 5-10. It is 14 short chapters that can be read a chapter/night as a bedtime story, or straight through as a novel. It's fantasy but with enough humor to entertain the parents if they are the ones reading the story.

Posted on May 23, 2009 12:35:25 AM PDT
Ann Gonzalez says:
Running for My Life, is the uplifting story of a teenage girl who has developed Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) after being attacked by her schizophrenic mother. It's mostly a story about friendship and how teens can manage anything if they have good friends.

Posted on Jun 2, 2009 10:23:05 PM PDT
Dogs Move Too! From Max's Point of View (Feb 11, 2009)
Author: Anthony M.T. Majewski

2009 Beach Book Festival -WINNER (Childrens)
2009 New York Book Festival- Runner Up (Childrens)
2009 San Francisco Book Festival-Runner Up (Childrens)
2009 Next Generation Indie Book Awards-3 catagory Finalist (Animals/Pets, Best Cover Design Fiction, Best Overall Design Fiction)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2009 7:27:38 PM PDT
Try "Bunny World: Kindness is the Key to Happiness"...great book with a life lesson for kids and adults

Posted on Jun 4, 2009 3:58:29 AM PDT
CJ says:
One superb new children's book is called "Kevin," by Joe Castle. It's a moving story about a boy who, with his younger sister, leaves their abusive home and takes control of their lives. Very good book.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2009 6:26:16 AM PDT
"Stinky The Cat" by Natalie Petrarca!!!!!!
It's definately not just another "ordinary" children's book.

Stinky The Cat

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2009 6:47:31 AM PDT
W. Johnson says:
Amy Lovett's Worlds Away!!! Excellent young sci-fi reading.

Posted on Jun 7, 2009 2:59:14 PM PDT
T. Turner says:
The new Kindle version of "The Lost Secret of Fairies" was released this week. Really interested to see how Kindle works with selling to kids and their parents.
Do a lot of parents buy for their children yet on Kindle?
Check it out in the Kindle store.
Here's a bit about the book:
Wanda had always read about adventure. Now she was in the middle of one. The World of Fairies is real, and she is their new Crystal Keeper, human caretaker to the World of Fairies. But the Fairy World is in trouble. The fairies are falling ill from the pollution that ravishes the world above. Wanda has to find the key to their cure, before it's too late.

But like in all adventures, there are a few unanswered questions to solve. What has happened to the old Keeper? What are Germites? And can Wanda get used to her cat giving her backtalk while trying not to get grounded for helping the fairies? Join Wanda on her adventure, while she finds out that sometimes the best solution to a problem is the one you find within yourself.
"The Lost Secret of Fairies: The Crystal Keeper Chronicles Book 1"
Listed on Amazon.com as a paperback and now in the Kindle store.
It's listed at the bargain price of $3.19 as the Kindle Version.
Book 2, "The Lost Secret of the Green Man" is in it's final revision.
Artists are feverishly working on the cover and illustrations.
It should come out in the next few months.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2009 3:13:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 7, 2009 3:20:25 PM PDT
Wave says:
As a children's book author, I'd love to be able to publish to such a popular medium as Kindle but the creators of this device obviously did not have children in mind. The boring and uncreative format in black and white does not offer much for children as any of the well laid out books with beautiful color illustration, which is a must for mine, simply would lose much of their beauty. Also it is my belief that younger children like to have the book in their hands. Maybe the makers of Kindle will wake up in the future and create a full color version in the future but till then, I wouldn't waste the effort to publish works for young children on it.

My works can be found at http://www.dawufflepage.i8.com or here on Amazon.com listed as works by Wave Walton.

Available titles are:
1. The Wuffle
2. The Dress-Up Attic
3. Tootsie-The Nibble Hunter
4. The Finding of Blue Bunny

Titles to come soon are:
1. To Jump A Fence
2. The Wuffle-A Walk In The Woods
3. Tootsie-10,000 B.C.
4. The Butterfly Girl-Into The Land of Heart Butterflies
5. The Fairy Troll
6. A Compendium of Lengendary Creatures

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2009 6:48:04 AM PDT
CWP says:
BOOMING BELLA by Carol Ann Williams. Picture book, ages 4-7.
Nominated by the publisher, G. P. Putnam's, for the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators' 2009 Golden Kite Award for best picture book. It's about a little girl on a class trip to the museum who's too loud. In the end, her loudness saves the day. Kids want to read this book over and over!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2009 7:23:48 AM PDT
Libby Murray says:
My 2 BeBe Books, "BeBe . . .Meet the Yorkie Pup" and "BeBe . . . Go to the Beach with the Yorkie Pup" will make your kids smile. Brand new to Amazon, they're both written in verse with a photo illustration artistically done on each page. Your children will relate to the Yorkie pup as you read aloud to pre-schoolers. Grades 1 through 3 will be able to enjoy on their own. You may find out more on www.2BeBeBooks.com which is my website.

Libby Murray

Posted on Jun 9, 2009 7:03:02 AM PDT
CJ says:
I must recommend "Kevin" by Joe Castle. It's an excellent book, very moving and detailing the escape of a young brother and sister from their abusive step-father. Unlike the sound of the source material, it's a funny and charming tale with much to recommend it.

Chris Wood
Author, "Sherlock Holmes and the Underpants of Death"

Posted on Jun 9, 2009 7:16:18 AM PDT
Libby Murray says:
Hi, I hope some of you will be able to find "BeBe . . Meet the Yorkie Pup" and "BeBe . . .Go to the Beach with the Yorkie Pup".

Fun books for kids through 3rd or anyone who likes Yorkies.

Thanks,

Libby

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2009 2:38:15 PM PDT
Bailabooks says:
Summer of the BFFS - co-written by a 9 year old so girls really relate to the situations and hilarious conversations. A funny, wholesome chapter book about four dissimiliar 10 year old girls who meet at summer camp.

Posted on Jun 9, 2009 4:32:39 PM PDT
M. Ferrari says:
Try BORN TO FLY, a WWII coming-of-age mystery/spy adventure starring Bird McGill, an 11-year-old girl action hero!
Winner of the Delacorte Yearling Award. Comes out July 14, 2009.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Children's Books forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Recently Published Children's Books 1740 16 days ago
Exciting New Children's Books 11 16 days ago
Reading to children as moral obligation (Neil Gaiman) 1 21 days ago
Children's Books: Self Esteem, Beauty, Being Different, etc 67 28 days ago
Books for kids that want to become doctors? 9 May 18, 2015
Need help figuring out title 1 May 18, 2015
As parents, do you interested in book that helps young readers open up their imagination? 0 May 17, 2015
As parents, do you interested in book that helps young readers open their imagination? 0 May 17, 2015
New Children Book - I Am Mai 0 May 11, 2015
Trying to remember title of a children's book - can only remember main character is a very blue, very bony guy 1 Apr 28, 2015
A Spider's HeaART - A Story About A Vegetarian Spider Artist 0 Apr 28, 2015
Even Superheroes Have to Sleep - A Children's Book 0 Apr 26, 2015

This discussion

Discussion in:  Children's Books forum
Participants:  1083
Total posts:  1741
Initial post:  Dec 4, 2008
Latest post:  16 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 100 customers

Search Customer Discussions