Customer Discussions > Children's Books forum

What book is this?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 18, 2012 8:00:41 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 8:01:48 PM PST
Our elementary school teacher read this book to us when I was in elementary school around the early or mid 90s.

The story follows an animal character, sort of like Sonic the Hedgehog, who loves to run fast and is always participating in races. He is so fast, we wins every race and can zoom through an apple orchard so quickly that you can't even see him eating anything.

I forget what happens, but for some reason he stops for a moment. Maybe he tripped and broke his leg, or maybe he got lost and stopped to ask another animal for directions. He eventually learns from the other animal about all that he misses out on when he runs by everything too quickly to look at it, and he eventually resolves to live life more slowly to better appreciate the world around him.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 12:12:01 PM PST
K. McNamara says:
This sounded like the sort of sweet fable that Steven Cosgrove specializes in (not really my cup of tea), so I did a little digging and found this one:
Zippity zoom

I'm sure there are other stories with similar message

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 11:14:11 AM PST
I think that's the one, thank you so much! :-D
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Children's Books forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions