Customer Discussions > Children's Books forum

For the trillionth time, self-promtion is against Amazon TOS!!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 1336 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jul 4, 2012 7:13:13 PM PDT
And we welcome yet another sock puppet to the slumber party.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012 5:46:01 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 5:06:13 PM PDT
cathyr says:
Doing a search - 11 spam drops for this book still exist on this forum for the last 24 hours. Oh yes, this is definitely a neutral party.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012 4:25:45 PM PDT
cathyr says:
So annoyed I left a comment on the "review". Utterly ridiculous.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012 4:19:26 PM PDT
Amazon is in serious danger of being SPA-mmed to death.

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 4:17:56 PM PDT
cathyr says:
That was impressive - seven spam drops in 30 mins. As angela said, must be a damn good book!

Back to the top, above the spammed threads.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 7:26:59 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 8, 2012 7:25:18 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 6:33:14 PM PDT
Thanks for the good wishes, G. Right back atcha! I'm going to enjoy the peace for as long as it lasts.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 6:02:19 PM PDT
We have to enjoy while we can. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 3:12:18 PM PDT
G. says:
Isn't it wonderful to believe, for at least a couple of seconds, that a drawer full of sock-puppets aren't going to be able to attack this forum? This may be the calm before the next spam storm, but darn it, it is nice to have some PEACE! Hope you have a blessed night Nana Janet. For the first time in a long time, this forum is ALMOST free from abusive spam artists. Holler!

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 6:11:21 AM PDT
Sending back to the top.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012 6:54:43 AM PDT
Ms. P. says:
I think most teachers would love it. I know several teachers who have had parents do it for the year, and they were really appreciative.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012 6:05:30 AM PDT
G. says:
Hmmm...when school starts again I may look into volunteering with this. I think I would have some serious fun. Thanks for the idea. Do you think most teachers would be open to some assistance like this?

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 8:53:20 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 30, 2012 8:58:02 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2012 5:26:31 PM PDT
Ms. P. says:
Sometimes they're in the "weird" flyers. Teachers get an INSANE amount of those flyers. My mailbox would be filled with them twice a week sometimes, and a lot of the time we don't have the energy to go through all of them, and sort them out and send them all home. So the "special" ones get trashed, and teachers just send home the regular monthly one for whatever grade level you're teaching.

I've always just been a person who knows about the random, weird things and the tricks to get around them. A freak, in other words. :) In the fall, talk to the teacher about using the Scholastic online ordering, and ask them to open up all of the catalogs they can. These days, it's just a click of a button.

Most teachers don't have any idea that they can order from multiple catalogs at a time and it still counts toward the "minimum" order. And most of them would never even think to open up catalogs outside of the ones that they're used to, especially if they've been ordering from Scholastic in the same way for years. I've worked in three buildings, and taught many teachers about this.

If you're really ambitious and halfway decent with a computer (which, obviously you are) this is a great job to volunteer for. Get the teacher to give you his/her Scholastic account information so you can place the orders and organize it, and then you'd be able to play around with it and see what all of the catalogs have to offer.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2012 5:15:38 PM PDT
abbyshire says:
Thanks, G. That's on my Wishlist for my kiddo. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2012 5:14:11 PM PDT
G. says:
I comb through the scholastic flyers and darn it, I have never seen a Pippi Longstocking book! Maybe I need to pay closer attention to them? I loved this series, and would LOVE to introduce it to my kidlets.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2012 5:08:42 PM PDT
Ms. P. says:
G. -- If your kids ever get the Scholastic book club flyers from school, comb through them. On occasion, they offer the Pippi Longstocking books, at least the first one. I have at least two copies floating around my house somewhere, and some of the other books in the series, too, and that's where they came from, for cheap. If you have a teacher who uses the online ordering that parents can do, ask him or her to open up multiple catalogs for ordering (it's easy, and it still counts toward one order even if the books are from multiple flyers, but some teachers never think about offering the catalogs outside of the grade they're teaching).

I've had my issues with those catalogs (for their unethical marketing, go figure), but if you comb through them, they have some really good stuff sometimes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2012 4:46:59 PM PDT
G. says:
@Abby: I have never heard of these books, but they are now on my "LIST". Thanks for the recs. It's kind of funny, because some of the older classic books, seem to be more appealing to my little ones? I am thankful for this, because in my mind, it proves that good books, continue to be good books, no matter how many years pass!

Another poster on this forum recommended the Mercy Watson series (old fashioned as well) and my then 6 year old (now 7), tore through the series and keeps re-reading them:
Mercy Watson Boxed Set: Adventures of a Porcine Wonder

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2012 4:42:11 PM PDT
abbyshire says:
G., did you read Pollyanna or the Trixie Belden mysteries when you were little? I loved them, even though they were "old-fashioned." Kind of like Amelia Bedelia books--those are still popular now. My son has brought a couple home from school.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2012 4:26:36 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 3, 2012 10:56:08 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 3:37:20 PM PDT
After reading several comments, I am wondering what in the world this forum is about. Certainly not childrens books. It seems to be a battle of egos. He said, she said. Yada, yada, yada. Get a grip.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2012 3:21:09 PM PDT
G. says:
Too bad they are so darned expensive here in the US. I would love to introduce this series to my girls. I think if they re-packaged this series, it would sell pretty well; I don't think the basic story could possibly go out of style.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2012 2:45:59 PM PDT
abbyshire says:
I agree--Pippi is the best!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2012 1:59:44 PM PDT
G. says:
@kraal: thanks for being understanding. I loved that you gave a rec for the Pippi Longstocking books. My parents found some old copies of these books when we lived in Europe; they aren't too easy to find in the US, which is a shame because it was a wonderful series!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Children's Books forum

ARRAY(0xa9e463d8)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Children's Books forum
Participants:  89
Total posts:  1336
Initial post:  Mar 19, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions