Customer Discussions > Children's Books forum

Trying to find a book from my childhood

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 1, 2012 10:41:28 PM PDT
Terryfic says:
I am also looking for a book I read as a child--in the 70s it was about a boy who stowed away on a spaceship to the moon. When he tried to get back to earth he and the astronauts had to jumble around cargo until it was reduced by the boy's body weight. Thanks

Posted on May 1, 2012 3:31:47 PM PDT
Warpath says:
Yeah I would highly recommend it if you can find a copy, really did turn me from a non reader into a book nut.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012 2:51:33 PM PDT
I wish it were available here in the US. I may have to search ebay for it. I think my oldest (7 year old) would love the premise of this book.

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 2:39:02 PM PDT
Warpath says:
I believe I found the one I was looking for Titans (Little Ark Book)

There is better description on the Australian national library site, but that is it,yay!

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 1:43:28 PM PDT
Paul Fishman says:
I am also searching for a book I read as a kid. There was this boy that had to face certain challenges. One of them was to find a king that could shapeshift. The boy accidentally found him swimming in a pond as a goldfish, and won the first challenge. This boy also ventured into a well that was forbidden, and accidentally dipped his hair in the water. His hair turned gold, and used it to blind his opponents in a battle.

Any ideas?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2012 5:39:54 AM PDT
Warpath says:
Both of those titles look interesting, but sadly aren't it. It would have been around 1990 when I read the book, and from memory it was reasonably new to the library at that stage.

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 5:29:13 AM PDT
Minpins (Picture Puffins)?
I doubt this is the one, but I had no idea that Roald Dahl wrote this book, so I was glad to find it; I may buy it for my kids.

Do you remember what year you read the book? The The Nixie's Song (Beyond The Spiderwick Chronicles, Book 1) is a newer one.

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 1:15:06 AM PDT
Warpath says:
Hi I am looking for a book from my childhood. I am pretty sure it was called "Titans" and was about a group of tiny human like creatures on a quest in our world. I have looked through Amazon, but I really need an authors name or something. Can anyone set me on the path?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 10:02:05 AM PDT
You do know that if you spam enough you can get banned? Tacky, very tacky.

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 8:35:38 PM PDT
Jessi says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 8:35:26 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 26, 2012 12:38:44 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 7:35:11 AM PDT
@Echo: The planet ruled by cats and dogs? I think that this is an Andre Norton book that I remember from my childhood, but for the life of me can't remember the name. I will keep searching.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 12:17:57 AM PDT
FictionFan says:
There are so many books from my childhood that I loved but can't find. I remember one about planets that were ruled by dogs and cats (and always at war with each other), but can't remember the name ... anyone help?

I've also tried unsuccessfully to find a book called The Seventh Princess, or least a copy that can be shipped to Australia.

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 10:48:11 AM PDT
K. A. Smith says:
Hi, can anyone help me, I loved a book as a boy, about a boy who was bullied and hid out in a scrapyard. The front cover had him sitting in a car in the scrapyard listening to his walkman surrounded by cassettes. Can picture the front cover apart from the title!!!??? Is it ringing any bells with anyone, I think it was early 90's I would've been reading it. Thanks in advance.

Posted on Sep 24, 2011 10:21:50 AM PDT
HANK HIGGINS says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2011 3:33:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 23, 2011 3:37:00 PM PDT
S. Cervantes says:
To N. Morrell:
Your book sounds like "The Ship that Flew" by Hilda Lewis:
http://forums.abebooks.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=abesleuthcom&msg=24330.2&search=y

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 1:36:02 PM PDT
N. MORRELL says:
hi,I think it was called The Magic Boat or Ship...A young boy bought it from an antiquey type shop,it cost him all his money and a bit more...it was a magic carpet type boat whisking them off on adventures from their bedroom?I think it must of been late 1960s when i read it...a thick book for a child to read...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2011 3:20:34 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 13, 2011 3:21:32 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2008 1:04:24 PM PDT
C. Mahoney says:
You're welcome. The spider bit made a big impression on me as a child too :)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2008 7:26:17 AM PDT
J.D. Evans says:
The title didn't sound familiar, but when I saw the book cover I knew that this was the book. Thank you so much! It was driving me crazy! =)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2008 5:02:30 PM PDT
C. Mahoney says:
I remember and still have that book! It's called Spook.

Initial post: Aug 27, 2008 10:41:39 AM PDT
J.D. Evans says:
I saw another reader post a question about a book from their childhood and so many people responded that I'm hoping I'll be able to find my book as well. It's about a boy and a witch and a dog. The thing that sticks out to me the most is at the end where the witch turns the dog into a giant spider and the boy has to pet it to turn it back into his dog. Anyone know the book? Thanks!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Children's Books forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Children's Books forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Aug 27, 2008
Latest post:  May 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions