Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now PlasmaCar
Customer Discussions > Children's Books forum

can anyone reccomend steampunk children books for middle school age

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 7, 2012 8:21:41 PM PDT
Can anyone recommend steampunk children books for middle school age kids.

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 9:13:43 PM PDT
Zi says:
Yes, the Leviathan series by Scott Westerfeld. It's a trilogy and it's awesome, also has great illustrations.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 10:40:57 PM PDT
Thank you Zi, I appreciate it.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 5:42:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 8, 2012 5:49:53 AM PDT
LyraG says:
Seconding Leviathan, but adding in Kenneth Oppel's Airborn

This is sort of off-topic, but I was reading a MG book that might fall into the steampunk category (it has paranormal aspects) The Inquisitor's Apprentice and I started to wonder if kids would be able to figure out which was the real history and which wasn't. This one has Thomas Edison as the target of an assassination plot! Fun book, and maybe the paranormal part clues kids into the fact the rest of it isn't actual history as well.

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 7:47:57 PM PDT
Suze says:
The Bell Ringer - Is a Christmas story written and Illsutrated by Robert A. Brubaker. It recently became a 2012 International Book Award Winning Finalist. Some of the drawings are heavily influenced by Steampunk genre, especially a character called Steam Whistle Eddie who is a train engineer. There are sample pictures here on Amazon (link below). It's a great bedtime story and the illustrations are phenomonal. All the kids we know love it!

The Bell Ringer

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 9:29:43 PM PDT
Arthur Slade's The Hunchback Assignments is a fun one. It features Modo, a misshapen young man who can shift his appearance and was found at Notre Dame. He is raised by a man who is part of a British Secret Agency and becomes an agent/spy. I think that there are 4 books total in the series (don't know if book 4 is out yet or not).

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 1:36:59 PM PDT
jd says:
There's also the Hungry Cities Chronicles by Philip Reeve. They seem to be out of print, but can be picked up for a reasonable price used here on Amazon.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Children's Books forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Children's Books forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jun 7, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions