Customer Discussions > Children's Books forum

Bilingual Flashcards

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 25, 2012 7:57:24 AM PDT
I am looking for Spanish/English flashcards for my daughter. Does anybody has any input? She is 1.5 years old. Thank you.

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 10:43:11 AM PDT
Cheryl M-M says:
It is best to pick one as her 'first' language and build on that. Teach her to read and write in one language, whilst maintaining the second vocally. Then when she is proficient in the first in both reading and writing you can teach the second.
My children are trilingual.
If she is in an English speaking school environment (or when she enters one) then I would suggest teaching English as her first.
Teaching her to read and write both at the same time will confuse her. Teaching them to speak multiple languages at the same time usually doesn't, as a child in a multi language environment often learns automatically.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 1:58:19 PM PDT
Krisi Keley says:
Hi Luis,

I think if you type Spanish/foreign language instruction books and dual language books into the Search, it will bring up a variety of language instruction aids, including flashcards and beginner books for children. Reviews on them should help with determining which ones are the best.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Children's Books forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jun 25, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions