Customer Discussions > Children's Books forum

Looking for a Christian fiction and Christian biography book for a 10 year old

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 47 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 1, 2012 10:59:09 AM PDT
Can someone please help me! I'm looking for a Christian fiction and a Christian Biography book for my 10 year old son that is in 4th grade.

Posted on May 1, 2012 11:56:34 AM PDT
I haven't read these but the Cooper Kids Adventure series are considered Christian fiction. Here's a link to the first book in the series. It says it's for grade 4 and up. The Door in the Dragon's Throat (The Cooper Kids Adventure Series #1)

Posted on May 1, 2012 12:54:27 PM PDT
I'm going to check the book out now! Thanks :)

Posted on May 1, 2012 5:30:21 PM PDT
Alicia Adams says:
The Trailblazers books are biographies and adventure stories too. They feature a variety of Christian heroes, including women and minorities, from different time periods.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 3:04:31 PM PDT
Handyman says:
I wouldn't claim that the books of the Mogi Franklin Mystery Series are specifically Christian, but there are very strong family and Christian values. Books three deals with faith directly; and book four has a strong Christian undertone.

Posted on May 12, 2012 12:28:10 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on May 14, 2012 7:32:04 AM PDT
Kate Brannen says:
What about The Wormling series, by Jerry B. Jenkins and Chris Fabry? The first book is called The Book of the King. Also, Isle of Swords, by Wayne Thomas Batson.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 7:04:53 PM PDT
Bengal Tiger says:
I would recommend "Dragons in our Midst"; my 11yoa daughter loved Harry Potter and then fell in love with DIOM. It can be found on-line or in most Christian Book Stores.

Posted on May 15, 2012 7:32:49 PM PDT
my 13yr old daughter liked the book "Heaven is for Real".

Posted on May 15, 2012 9:55:32 PM PDT
M. McNeil says:
I've just released a book called "The Strange Tale of Ben Beesley". It's about two flies who get bitten by venomous spiders and their friend, Ben, sets out to save them. It's inspired by my children, who both have a terminal genetic condition. The book is very hopeful and has a lot of Christian themes. Link to the amazon page is below, and you can learn more about the story at benbeesleybook.com.

The Strange Tale of Ben Beesley

Posted on May 16, 2012 5:44:12 AM PDT
Please consider Simonetta Carr's books. She has done marvelous research on each of her books thus far. Although written specifically for your son's age group, adults will likely deeply enjoy and possibly learn as well from Simonetta's most excellent works!

http://www.amazon.com/Simonetta-Carr/e/B001YYZLDC/ref=sr_tc_ep?qid=1337172025

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 11:35:32 AM PDT
Linda Arvey says:
Izzy's Summer is the ticket. It is a fun story about 2 kids who turn 10. Written by a Christian for her grandchildren-something wholesome.
Izzy's Summer

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 1:25:47 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 16, 2012 2:01:21 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 1:47:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 16, 2012 1:51:08 PM PDT
Iola says:
Haunted Waters (Red Rock Mysteries, No. 1) is the first of the Red Rock Mysteries by Jerry B Jenkins. My daughter read them at age 10 and really enjoyed them - suit boys or girls.

I've just finished reading Facing the Hunchback of Notre Dame (Enchanted Attic, The), a debut novel published by Zondervan, although it's not especially 'Christian'. Your son will even learn something of classic literature (the Hunchback) and good writing while reading it.

You could also try Spirit Fighter (Son of Angels, Jonah Stone), another debut novel, which has more spiritual content - it's kind of a kids version of early Frank Peretti, with a bit of Percy Jackson thrown in.

Posted on May 16, 2012 4:02:47 PM PDT
Kalluke2 says:
Why don't you just let your son read good children's fiction? Values can be found in all kinds of books that aren't necessarily religious. You're limiting him by choosing only certain kinds of books. But maybe you want to raise your child to have a very narrow view of a very old and very big world. That's a shame if you do.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 4:10:18 PM PDT
Ms. P. says:
Um ... the guy is asking for a book recommendation. There's nothing wrong with that. Maybe his son attends a Christian school and needs it for a project. Maybe he and his son are homeschoolers embarking on a study of different world religions and they need books for the Christianity portion.

Or, maybe his son is only in fourth grade and has his entire life to expand his view on other things.

Nothing the poster said was hateful and narrow. He came into a book forum and asked for a book recommendation.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 6:30:33 PM PDT
To My Dear Slimeball is a teen-friendly version/rendition of The Screwtape Letters. I remember reading it in 5th/6th grade and enjoyed it very much. You may want to read it first though because the human in question is 15 (according to the description) and I don't remember if any relationship issues came up (I know this is a little older than 4th grade, but you know your son's reading level/maturity best).

Christian Biographies... Jesus Freaks: Martyrs: Stories of Those Who Stood for Jesus: The Ultimate Jesus Freaks ... Kind of like a more modern day Fox's Book of Martyrs and for younger people... don't know if that counts.

Posted on May 16, 2012 6:39:54 PM PDT
Also Lord Foulgrin's Letters, another modern day/for younger generation of Screwtape Letters. Or Frank Peretti has a small run kid series for age 10 and up Hangman's Curse (The Veritas Project)/Nightmare Academy (The Veritas Project).

Hangman's curse (MAJOR HUGE SPOILER) says it deals with "witchcraft" (not really- mostly this is about bullying) but basically everything is naturally explained, like some not-so-nice-person setting extremely poisonous spiders in the the airducts, and that's what caused everything bad. (END MAJOR HUGE SPOILER)

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 4:49:40 PM PDT
You are right! My wife homeschools both of our Kids and our son needs to write a book report on a Christian fiction and Christian biography book :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 4:51:29 PM PDT
I let my son read whatever he wants as long as its appropriate for his age.

Posted on May 20, 2012 6:48:54 PM PDT
I. Ebinger says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 11:58:45 AM PDT
C. Nichols says:
The Windfeather Saga by Andrew Peterson is a Christian adventure series that my almost 10-year-old son really enjoyed. He and my husband read them together.

Posted on May 23, 2012 3:32:31 PM PDT
Basset Owner says:
Ivan and the Secret in the Suitcase by Myrna Grant
http://www.christianbook.com/ivan-and-the-secret-in-suitcase/myrna-grant/9781845501365/pd/501363
Not sure which one of the Ivan books starts the series, but I LOVED them in 4th grade. Would love to read again!

Posted on May 23, 2012 6:24:48 PM PDT
S. Wentz says:
I don't think a 10 year old is too young to try C.S. Lewis' Narnia Chronicles. While they're seen as more fantasy than Christian, Lewis himself was a very strong Christian and put a lot of allegory and morality lessons in the series. Just a thought. :)

Posted on May 23, 2012 8:17:18 PM PDT
Wayward says:
What about Sea Cutter: Book I in The Chronicles of Nathaniel Childe? I read the original version, In Search of Perlas Grandes, as a kid and recall that it was exciting, and came from a Christian bookseller and I kept begging the acquaintance who worked there for the sequel.
As for biography, not sure what you're looking for, but Demi has a couple gorgeous illustrated biographical books about spiritual leaders.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Children's Books forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Children's Books forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  47
Initial post:  May 1, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 25, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions