Customer Discussions > Children's Books forum

I need more books like these! Any suggestions?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-34 of 34 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 24, 2010 4:03:56 AM PST
charlie says:
Hello: my name is English Bradshaw and I have just published a seven-series volume of books for juvenile readers and younger availabe on Amazon.com which will share the adventures of a little orphaned boy and his upbringing in an orphanage and his relationships with the animals he adopted as friends. The bokks are titled: Charlie'sBANTAMS, Charlie'sMULE, Charlie'sDUCKS, Charlie'sFRIENDS, Charlie'sROBINS, The Chain of Love, and The Magic Lamp. The first book Charlie'sRobins reaches many themes. It begins with showing the importance of playtime and playmates in the lives of children. It is also a story about discovery and gives a wonderful picture of the interaction between children and Nature. The story moves to give a deeper message by using a family of robins to show the importance of the roles of parents in the lives of children. It gives the readers opportunities to stretch their minds as they picture themselves as members of the robin family. It also portrays the loving care the boys give to the family of robins while they learn responsibility and bonding of new friendships through their experience of losing a member of the robin family Other themes involve overcoming anger with thoughts of goodness, responsibility, and freedom.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2010 7:16:12 AM PST
Here There Be Dragons by James Owen
Here, There Be Dragons (Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica)

Posted on Dec 27, 2010 7:44:00 AM PST
MelindaC says:
I didn't see the Eragon series mentioned. My kids, boys ages 10 and 12, love that series. Eragon is the first book, followed by Eldest, and then Brisingr. It's a magical series about dragons, written by Christopher Paolini. I read somewhere that he began writing Eragon when he was in his teens.

Melinda Clayton
Appalachian Justice

Posted on Dec 27, 2010 9:41:37 PM PST
Try reading a new book by Yvonne Gabriel, Chico, The Polar Bear. The illustrations are gorgeous. I especially like the rich text. Chico, the strongest bear on the Pole, gets tired of the cold and decides to go to the beach. He boards a plane and ends up having his fur shaved off so he can get a tan and feel the water on his bare skin. He has a great time, but finally has to return to the Pole. Excited about meeting his friends, they laugh at him without his fur. Sad, he turns away and almost dies in the snow with his beach towel wrapped around him for warmth. Then a little girl . . .
Small children will enjoy having this book read to them. Older children will enjoy reading it themselves. The entire family can enjoy reading and discussing it together.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2010 5:05:24 PM PST
Expat abroad says:
Wow. Self-promote much?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2010 1:48:55 PM PST
A. Kinney says:
Try Powerstorms. Medieval setting, swords, soldiers, sorcery, action. Appropriate for all ages. If you don't have a Kindle, you can download Kindle for PC free and read books on your computer.

Posted on Dec 29, 2010 2:42:44 PM PST
Scott says:
Jimmy Stone's Ghost Town is "A Fantastical Mystery for Young Readers" and it's a fun read for only $0.99!

"This spooky tale is told with Scott Neumyer's trademark wit and insight. Ghost towns are fraught with danger, but Neumyer makes them irresistibly appealing with the help of Jimmy Stone." - Lara Zielin, author of DONUT DAYS and THE IMPLOSION OF AGGIE WINCHESTER

Jimmy Stone's Ghost Town
- A Fantastical Mystery for Young Readers -

For Jimmy Stone, life in "Boredsylvania" has been pretty tough. His mom's died, his dad's completely checked out, and he spends his days running from the Coogan Boys, the local bullies. It isn't long, however, before "Boredsylvania" gets a lot more exciting. With his new friend, David and his dog, Trex, by his side, Jimmy discovers that the woods beyond his backyard hold the key to a world he could never even imagine. Soon, he ends up in Ghost Town, where he's greeted by his ghost guide, Gasp, and receives an ominous prophecy.

"Seven things you must find.
One thing for each day.
Seven things you must find.
Or else they all will pay!

Suddenly Ghost Town becomes as scary as it sounds, and Jimmy Stone realizes that he's in way over his head.

I hope you enjoy it!

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 4:39:27 PM PDT
Paul says:
Professor Atlas and the Summoning Dagger
...check out the book trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrHmbZA01F0

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2011 3:55:09 PM PST
Christel says:
Jungle Gentle Giants: The Tale of The Three Gorilla Princes This one could do the job.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Children's Books forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Kindle Unlimited will soon have no quality kids content 0 2 days ago
Kids Prize Pack 0 3 days ago
Recently Published Children's Books 1740 22 days ago
Exciting New Children's Books 11 22 days ago
Reading to children as moral obligation (Neil Gaiman) 1 27 days ago
Children's Books: Self Esteem, Beauty, Being Different, etc 67 Jun 1, 2015
Books for kids that want to become doctors? 9 May 18, 2015
Need help figuring out title 1 May 18, 2015
As parents, do you interested in book that helps young readers open up their imagination? 0 May 17, 2015
As parents, do you interested in book that helps young readers open their imagination? 0 May 17, 2015
New Children Book - I Am Mai 0 May 11, 2015
Trying to remember title of a children's book - can only remember main character is a very blue, very bony guy 1 Apr 28, 2015

This discussion

Discussion in:  Children's Books forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  34
Initial post:  Jun 30, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions