Customer Discussions > Children's Books forum

Children's books on Kindle?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 222 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2011 2:39:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 5, 2011 2:41:30 PM PST
James says:
******FREE FREE PAPERBACK copy, but it's also available on NOOK and KINDLE. To get the free copy you have to go the the road to dendura website. ****My son and I found a really good series called The Road to Dendura. It is very imaginative story. It's available on Nook and Kindle. We both enjoyed it because it wasn't just senseless action. It had a credible plot and many interesting turn of events. Although the main character is a boy, I wouldn't really say it's for boys only. As an adult, I appreciated Creed's character. He's sympathetic to those less fortunate than himself. And, even though he doesn't have things that great he chooses to do the right thing regardless of peer pressures. I'm not sure if they're still doing it but if you go to the Creed Griffon website or just query the road to Dendura, they will give you a ****FREE COPY paperback of the book if you're a librarian or teacher. Hope this helps.The Road to Dendura (The Creed Griffon Series)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2011 1:00:16 PM PST
Hi Joan,

If you're looking for fun books for young children, you might consider Anabella Giggles All Night! We got it a few days ago and our family reads it on the Kindle and Kindle for PC. It rhymes and is funny.

Anabella Giggles All Night! (I Love Anabella)

Posted on Jan 8, 2011 6:07:21 PM PST
Bloated Goat is $.99 on Kindle and perfect for ages 8 and up. It is full of laughs and will make your children smile. Bloated Goat is similar in spirit to Shrek, Madagascar, and Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Check out the product page for reviews and more.

Posted on Jan 9, 2011 1:47:03 PM PST
Moonmaid says:
My newest book, The Land of Misfit Bugs, is available on the Kindle.

The Land of Misfit Bugs

Jan

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2011 6:03:53 PM PST
Try The Honeybee Rebel, a new $2.99 Kindle ebook. I got it for my niece but enjoyed it myself! Here is the editorial description and a link:

A bright but discontented honeybee, Stingo, grows increasingly upset that all bees aren't created equal, also that the drones (males) at her hive, Cloverdale Combs, sit about without contributing in the workload. Her best friend and coworker, mild mannered Buzzy, has overheard the drones discussing how the hive's Queen Nectoria will soon depart the hive along with a swarm of older worker bees, leaving an as-yet unborn baby queen who will replace her shortly afterward. With this information, Stingo creates a plot whereby she could claim the throne. With Buzzy's reluctant aid, the plot succeeds and Stingo becomes Queen Stingorella, secretly the first-ever queen from the "working class."

Stingo immediately declares a new "Bee-mendment" that states, "All bees are created equal." She soon starts planning revolutionary new equality-enhancing programs: worker bee holidays, Queen-for-a-day contests, and drone work assignments. She also cleverly manages her first potential crisis, the traditional "Marriage Flight."

Although Stingo proves popular with worker bees, especially the newly hatched ones, the drones strongly dislike her. This is only the beginning of her problems; she deals with them creatively, but they mount and mount to disastrous levels. Idealistic and optimistic throughout her mounting troubles, Stingo is nevertheless an engaging, generally sympathetic character. Not only middle-grade readers, but imaginative readers of all ages will enjoy this tragicomic look at unbridled ambition in the face of harsh realities.

Steve Butterman has authored three other books: The outdoors classic, Bicycle Touring: How to prepare for Long Rides (1994, Wilderness Press; 2010, Kindle Edition);
Ride Guide: Covered Bridges of Ohio (Co-authored, 1999, Anacus Press); and a collection of humorous backyard stories, Tales as Tall as a Sunflower (2009, Bellissima Publishing).
The Honeybee Rebel

Posted on Jan 15, 2011 10:43:36 AM PST
I have a series of kids books written in the spirit of the Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew. It's called The Brooks Berry mysteries. Aimed at 8-13 year olds who like mysteries and suspense books. The titles are: Brooks Berry in The Case of the Stolen Season, The Case of The Haunted Cabin and Myst River. Hope you enjoy them! All are available in softback and e-books. Brooks Berry in The Case of Myst River (The Brooks Berry Mysteries)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2011 4:43:07 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 17, 2011 4:44:48 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 17, 2011 4:44:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 17, 2011 4:47:50 PM PST
"Bailey's Day", by Robert Haggerty is now available on Kindle for $1.99.Bailey's Day

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2011 3:38:13 AM PST
The Adventures of Joe-Joe Nut and Biscuit Bill, The Great Pie Catastrophe as well as the Crypto-Capers Series, The Case of the Missing Sock, The Case of Red Rock Canyon, The Legend of the Golden Monkey and the newest release, The Chest of Mystery, all by award-winning author Renee Hand. I have a kindle in my classroom and these books were great. I did a big project on them. Very educational and all are available in paperback and in kindle. Hope this helps you on your quest.

Posted on Jan 18, 2011 9:41:36 AM PST
My "indie" picture book Pet My Dragon? was just released and formatted specifically for Kindle. It is just 1.99!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2011 7:37:41 PM PST
The Jewel Collar
How about my debut novel, The Jewel Collar, which is about a Maltese dog, Aristotle, who moves to a new neighborhood. He is very sad and his Mommy gives him a Jewel Collar as an early Christmas present. He decides to share his jewels with Steve the Squirrel, Pete the Possum, Mikey the Mallard and others in the garden to gain their friendship. They form the Garden Friends Club and vow to share the jewels with new visitors to Ari's garden. The lesson learned is that while gifts are always appreciated, friendship does not have a price tag and that there are friends to be made in a new neighborhood. It is sweet, lots of color pictures which show the animals in the garden and around the pool.

Posted on Feb 3, 2011 7:58:46 PM PST
Recommend you try The Happy Hollisters. These mystery/action adventure books were the #1 seller in the 1960s to the 7-11 age group. They are clean, wholesome fun. Your child will be thrilled with the fast-paced action and will not want to put the book down. Now available on Kindle.The Happy Hollisters

Posted on Feb 4, 2011 2:13:45 PM PST
Why are so many children's books missing from Kindle like Laura Ingalls Wilder, and Roald Dahl? E.L. Konigsburg only has a few titles available The perrenial favourites section of Kindle store looks sparse and the titles are iffy at best.

Posted on Feb 4, 2011 3:17:23 PM PST
3rd or 4th grade, or even second if the child is a good reader - Gran's Angel, a chapter mystery at a 3rd grade reading level

Posted on Feb 4, 2011 6:21:38 PM PST
Check out Parts of Speech Monster SuperHeroes series for 2.99 on Kindle!! With lessons!

Posted on Feb 5, 2011 2:16:42 PM PST
Edward Beaton and the Star in the Glass

Appropriate for ages 10 - 12

Posted on Mar 8, 2011 8:10:52 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 24, 2011 3:19:32 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2011 12:01:21 PM PST
Mobylisa says:
My preschooler loves reading on the kindle. We just do it when traveling though - otherwise I'd never get it away from him. I love how it engages him when we have to wait for something (like a plane!) and how I don't fill up my space (and luggage) with so many books.

I agree that I find all the plugs here annoying. I appreciate having enthusiasm for your work, but... I'd like to read disinterested reviews of kids' books on kindle, since there are not so many, and since they do vary in quality (of kindle conversion).

Posted on Mar 8, 2011 2:31:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 8, 2011 2:32:12 PM PST
my bet is on Jehu shoes just look for it on amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2011 4:36:14 PM PST
J. MacLean says:
Try Daisy Piper's PRINCESS CALLIE AND THE TOTALLY AMAZING TALKING TIARA. It's a really fun read. My seven-year old daughter loved it.

Posted on Mar 8, 2011 6:25:29 PM PST
Hannah the Hummingbird (Garden Friends Club) My new children's picture ebook, soon to be in print, has been very well received since publication on March 1. It has more than 70 full color photos. It is the second book in the Garden Friends Club Series, following The Jewel Collar. The Jewel Collar (Garden Friends Club)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2011 5:04:56 PM PST
my nephew who just turned 3 took over his mother's ipad. He has been known to download his own books and apps which he does read and play. very scary how plliged in this new generation is. My 8 year old does like to read so my kindle remains mine.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2011 7:46:01 PM PST
A. H. says:
I have a Kindle and finally bought my 10 year old son one for Xmas because he is an avid reader and was always using mine. As an wonderfully unexpected result, my second grade daughter has been reading more than ever now that she knows how to use the Kindle. I don't know if it's the novelty of being able to change the size of the text to make it seem easier, or if it is the fact that she can't see how long some of the chapter books are and isn't as overwhelmed looking at a thick book. It's DEFINITELY working for us though! :D

Posted on Mar 9, 2011 9:20:05 PM PST
Labyrinth's Door - No. 1 ((Anyia "Dream of a Warrior"))

Labyrinth s Door - Anyia "Dream of a Warrior", is a story of a young girl, Anyia, whose dream of becoming a Nagoran Warrior is infused with adventure and danger. Running from her duties as a Yora, she dares to break tradition to follow her own dream, during a time when Empress Zarina threatens the magic treaty that protects her village.

Posted on Mar 11, 2011 2:36:19 PM PST
I would suggest "The Mems" by Danielle N. Thornewell. She is a new author out but the book is a great fantasy that helps teach a lesson. Enjoy!The Mems
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Children's Books forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Children's Books forum
Participants:  175
Total posts:  222
Initial post:  Jun 15, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 19 customers

Search Customer Discussions