Customer Discussions > Children's Books forum

For the trillionth time, self-promtion is against Amazon TOS!!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 751-775 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 8, 2012 2:41:10 AM PDT
peachbird76 says:
bump .....just helping out.
Had some time to kill :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 3:59:53 AM PDT
Thanks Peach!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 5:11:25 AM PDT
Morning G! My computer is working now. Since I'm no longer trying to post on that STUPID ANDROID PHONE (it doesn't annoy me at all), I'll do a better of taking your back!

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 5:16:40 AM PDT
beachbaby says:
Good Morning Janet. I'm glad your computer is working. How's Rio doing?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 5:24:42 AM PDT
Much better! I was such a big crybaby! I spend half of Wednesday in tears over NOTHING! I feel like an emotional lightweight where he's concerned.

Are you getting the rain that we are. We're going into day 3 of all day thunderstorms. My weeds are growing like, well . . .

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 6:40:41 AM PDT
peachbird76 says:
Back up we go.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 8:48:02 AM PDT
Hi Nana. Hoping all is well?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 9:23:07 AM PDT
You're not an emotional lightweight, at all. You love Rio (as do we all). I'm glad he's better.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 10:11:19 AM PDT
beachbaby says:
Waving hello! No rain (yet).

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 10:49:43 AM PDT
ginmar says:
That should be OUR rain. We have dark clouds that keep teasing us, but zippo. I watered my garden in the hopes that the old superstition..."You wash your car, look what happens," would prove true but so far.....

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 2:15:16 PM PDT
C. Green says:
Anyone who takes the time to read a book, much less pays their own money for it, is "qualified to comment." Stop trying to justify spam.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 7:17:26 PM PDT
You've got to be kidding me! It's been pouring buckets here. Rio only weighs 13 pounds and he almost drowned in a puddle today!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 7:22:53 PM PDT
ginmar says:
If we could, I'd gladly take it off your hands. Dry as tinder here, and my poor flowers are suffering.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 7:32:00 PM PDT
Bridge&Mike says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 7:37:12 PM PDT
It's easy, really! Here's what Amazon said over a year ago. Not that hard to figure out what's appropriate - just follow your host's rules. Isn't that the example you'd like to set for kids - yours & ours?

Initial post: May 17, 2011 4:00:14 PM PDT
Amazon Community Team says:

Amazon recently created a new community for authors. The `Meet Our Authors' community is designed to give authors a space to engage with one another and promote their latest and greatest works.

With the advent of the new community, we will no longer allow self promotional posts in other communities. Starting on Saturday, May 14th, all "shameless self promotion" activity will be limited to the `Meet Our Authors' community. Promotional threads outside of these forums will be removed.

We invite authors and interested readers to come join the discussion at:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors

We look forward to seeing you!

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 8:54:56 PM PDT
What a nice conversation with author Jan Hurst-Nicholson in the thread Looking for Middle Grade books to review. We had several pleasant posts about the TOS, then immediately after two authors made self-promotional posts. What nerve! I reported abuse.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 8:57:17 PM PDT
It is nerve, but it's also blindness. I don't think these self promoters read anything in the thread. They drop their post and move on.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 9:04:17 PM PDT
So nice to see you Ms. Karenina! My son brought my grandbaby over for a visit today. *doing the happy, happy, joy, joy dance* I got smiles, coos, and babbles!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 9:23:23 PM PDT
I'm so happy for you. And jealous! I miss my nieces and nephews being babies. :(

But I am hoping to see my niecette (my niece's baby) this summer. She is 17 months. We Skype so it will be interesting to see if that helps her know me when she see's me in person.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 9:28:48 PM PDT
cathyr says:
Just in case s/he ever finds his/her way back:

If you are really interested in a discussion, track it. (Button on the top right of the page). Amazon will send you emails every time there's a new post. You can always opt out.

Bookmark threads. Or use permalink for a particular post (it'll change the URL in your browser and then you copy/paste it or bookmark it).

Most active fora at this point in time is down the bottom of the screen. You can link directly.

You can go to a fora by typing the URL in your browser eg
http://www.amazon.com/forum/childrens books *
http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle books
and so forth.

And finally, if you are looking for other discussions then you can actually search the forums to find or add to a pre-existing thread - have a look at diremommy's thread here
http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_search_res_ti?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdMsgNo=1&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx1BIZE3T7HMSL2&cdMsgID=Mx1OZAXQ6DH79U1#Mx1OZAXQ6DH79U1

And there's a general help link from Amazon here http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/forums/ref=cm_cd_search_res_ti?ie=UTF8&cdMsgNo=3&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx3IB922AXR6F66&cdMsgID=Mx211WTN6SD2TY5#Mx211WTN6SD2TY5

Hope this helps!

----
* the computer thingy will automatically turn the <space> into %20 which means <space> in computer speak

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 9:33:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 9, 2012 9:33:51 PM PDT
nicette! That's cute. You are a Great Aunt. In addition, I bet you are a great aunt. How old is she? I'm enjoying every second of mine being babies. It'll be gone so quickly.

ETA - duh! 17 months!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 10:27:20 PM PDT
Haha!!! Don't worry. I laugh with you. I make the same goofy mistakes.

Niecette is just as adorable as can be. She is a mover. Barely stays still for a few seconds and then she's up and walking. She can just walk around and around and around. Even before she could walk she would be having her bottle and her legs would be moving all over the place.

My sister taught her to do the Princess Wave. It's so cute to see her waving her hand. And she's very imitative. I will do something and she'll imitate me. I'm teaching her to blow kisses. So far she puts her hand to her mouth and but hasn't quite got the flinging her hand out yet. But it's adorable to watch.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012 12:51:14 AM PDT
Iola says:
So did I. And ignored.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012 5:08:44 AM PDT
Frustrating, isn't it? They're authors but they don't read.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 8:51:11 PM PDT
Rice says:
bump
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Children's Books forum
Participants:  89
Total posts:  1336
Initial post:  Mar 19, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions